Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Jazaray

Oldal: 12
Dátum: 2010.03.19. 22:02:56
I just came across this one:

Which of these do NOT belong on this list?

Rembrand
Picasso
Van Gogh
Mozart

I picked Rembrand, cause it was the only one misspelled. lol

It should be Rembrandt

Thanks,
Jazaray
Dátum: 2010.03.17. 23:26:21
Idézet: Banned - 2010.03.17. 22:44:59
Ah...I see why.. she/it is 381 meters tall from head to toe.

But, considering she/it is indeed a statue: from the highest point to the bottom, she is 443 meters.

Indeed...this is a tad ambiguous with that technically has more than one correct answer.
But, only of of those answers is listed...

So...yeah. This is one of the things that can start larger arguments.

It is a valid question, so perhaps either the answer should be amended...or the question reworded to:

"From head to toe, what is the height of The Empire State Building in New York?" Answer: 381m
or,
"What is the overall height of The Empire State Building in New York?" Answer: 443m

..... The Empire State Building is NOT a statue...

Thanks,
Jazaray
Dátum: 2010.03.17. 22:36:23
OK, I got this question today:

What is the height of The Empire State Building in New York ?

503m
287m
301m
381m <--- marked as correct.

According to several sites (listed below) the height of the Empire State Building is 443 m.

http://www.aviewoncities.com/buildings/nyc/empirestatebuilding.htm (for some reason it has height as 381 in "Quick facts" but as 443 in "Total Height" under "Notes")

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Empire_State_Building#Height_records_and_comparisons

http://www.esbnyc.com/tourism/tourism_facts.cfm

This is from The Empire State Buildings own website:

http://tinyurl.com/yebqbtf

Thanks,
Jazaray
Dátum: 2010.03.09. 06:12:28
Ok, I got this one today:

How many different combinations of dots are used in Braille?
63 <-- marked as correct

I got it right because it was the closest answer to 64, as 64 is the correct answer, according to these sites:

http://www.funtrivia.com/askft/Question3332.html

http://www.familyconnect.org/parentsite.asp?SectionID=72&DocumentID=4018

http://www.iidc.indiana.edu/cedir/kidsWeb/brailleinfo.html

There are probably more sites that state this, but I thought 3 was enough.

Thanks,
Jazaray
Dátum: 2010.03.02. 18:41:48
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.03.02. 04:54:09
Jazaray, i was not aware about the unicorn translation then. My point was to be a clear answer, dragons. So i have no objection for the question to be changed and remove unicorn. Change it to vampire maybe?

Oh, I see. I guess I misunderstood your post then. I don't know about vampires, I heard Lilth was one. How about something like a snorlax or a Grindyglow. Keep everybody on their toes.

Thanks,
Jazaray
Dátum: 2010.03.02. 18:38:18
But she still went by Jack making it her name and they didnt make it a bad question for spelling they made it a bad question becuase they said it was limited to a certain group and i said i spelled it wrong on here not my question i dont copy paste.

She did NOT go by Jack in The Chronicles of Riddick. She was Kyra and only Kyra in that movie.

As for you saying that you spelled it that way, only on here, I call attention to this post of yours:

yes i had to spell the name without the k cuz it wouldnt expect it with it on there

this sounds like you wrote it that way on the question you submitted, and that you wrote it that way on purpose to try and trick people.

And, whether it was rejected for your spelling, the fact that the question is completely wrong, or that they feel it was more of a specialized questions, it was rejected. If you read some of the posts in this forum, you'll see that "specialized group" rejections are subjective and not always fair. It happens.

Thanks,
Jazaray
Dátum: 2010.03.01. 22:31:37
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.03.01. 17:05:24
I posted the bible question and although you have a point that some translations interpret those scriptures as unicorn, further reasearch revealed that the original hebrew word mentioned there was actually horn of wild bull, a fierce extinct type of bull well known to hebrews of that time, in contrast with the unicorn which was part of greek mythology and not so well known at that time to israel

So, in the five minutes we have to answer the question, we're supposed to do intensive research on whether or not the unicorn was a bull? Those of us who don't really have much to do with religion or the bible, wouldn't even think about the unicorn being something else or whatever. I answered "unicorn" because I figured that maybe the dragons mentioned in the bible were actually meant to be dinosaurs. I'm sorry, but I think that either there needs to be different answers for it (Not including unicorn, or any other "possible" mythical creatures that could be interpreted as being "in" the bible) or the question needs to be deleted.

Thanks,
Jazaray
Dátum: 2010.03.01. 13:50:56
Which of these mythological creatures appears also in the Bible?
Phoenix
Gorgon
Unicorn
Dragon <--- marked as correct answer

I went and googled this, because I'm not much of a bible person, and I found references to both Unicorn's and Dragons within the bible.

"Psalm 91:11 "For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep you in all your ways. They shall bear you up in their hands, lest you dash your foot against a stone. You shall tread upon the lion and adder; the young lion and the dragon shall you trample under foot".

Jeremiah 51:37 - "And Babylon shall become heaps, a dwelling place for dragons, an astonishment and an hissing without an in habitant".

"Psalms 92:10 But my horn shalt thou exalt like the horn of an unicorn: I shall be anointed with fresh oil."

"Isaiah 34:7 And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness."

There are more, but, I figured I didn't want to make y'all read the whole freaking bible!

I think this question should be taken out, due to this.

I just ran across this question:

According to United Nations estimates, what is the most populous urban area in Western Europe?
Madrid
Paris <-- marked as correct
Rome
Berlin

I'm not very good at googlefu I had a lot of problems finding the answer, as tons of stuff kept coming up about Ancient Rome and such (I chose Rome ). Anyways, that's not really your problem, but, there's no date specified in the question, so, this answer is more than likely going to change sooner or later. I think it should be deleted from the system.

Thanks,
Jazaray
Dátum: 2010.02.28. 20:16:08
Idézet: Kool106 - 2010.02.28. 19:36:53
Idézet: Senvares - 2010.02.27. 17:56:55
Idézet: Kool106 - 2010.02.26. 02:24:54
So how is this limited to a certen group. What was kira's name in the Chronicals of ridic?

Sam
Jack
Beth
Sue

I mean comon it says it in the movie and yes i had to spell the name without the k cuz it wouldnt expect it with it on there

for one the spelling is bad it is "The Chronicles of Riddick" it's Kyra not Kira and she didnt have a name that is the characters name, and you might want to mention that its a movie. because there are several The Chronicles of Riddick as in games, movies and books.

so overall it had bad spelling and was a bad question.

and I've never seen the movie so i would of got it wrong.

So you mean to tell me u havent ran acrossed any that didnt have 1 missed spelling and by the way i only misspelled it on here not sure how but i did -.- and either way the name is the same they didnt change it movie, game, book they wont just go threw and change her name to somthing completly diffrent just because they want to

Actually, you had more than 1 spelling mistake. It's Chronicles (les, not als), Riddick (should be also capitalized), as well as Kyra (which should also be capitalized.)

Also, Kyra's name in The Chronicles of Riddick (the movie), was Kyra. Her name in Pitch Black, was Jack. So, your question is wrong anyway.

Thanks,
Jazaray
Dátum: 2010.02.28. 07:35:13
Idézet: ChaoticGemini - 2010.02.28. 07:25:45
I mean no offense, but wiki is not always correct. I could start a page stating the sky is green with purple dots. If I was going to confirm facts of something like a space shuttle, I would check NASA.gov

None taken.

Ok, I checked http://science.ksc.nasa.gov/shuttle/missions/51-l/docs/rogers-commission/ Chapter-3.txt and this is what it said about it (just the final paragraph)

At this point in its trajectory, while traveling at a Mach number of
1.92 at an altitude of 46,000 feet, the Challenger was totally
enveloped in the explosive burn. The Challenger's reaction control
system ruptured and a hypergolic burn of its propellants occurred as
it exited the oxygen-hydrogen flames. The reddish brown colors of the
hypergolic fuel burn are visible on the edge of the main fireball.
The Orbiter, under severe aerodynamic loads, broke into several large
sections which emerged from the fireball. Separate sections that can
be identified on film include the main engine/tail section with the
engines still burning, one wing of the Orbiter, and the forward
fuselage trailing a mass of umbilical lines pulled loose from the
payload bay.

Personally, I could read it either way. "An explosive burn" and the "fireball" terms could well mean either an explosion, or disintegration. However, I will resubmit the question and modify my answer.

Thank you for your assistance CG.

Thanks,
Jazaray
Dátum: 2010.02.28. 07:14:26
Idézet: ChaoticGemini - 2010.02.28. 07:11:26
I watched it too, but I didn't see it disintegrate; I saw it explode just over a minute after launch due to a hot gas leak.

I was going to put explode, however, after I double checked with the wiki site, to make sure my facts were correct, I changed it to disintegrate, as that is what the site said actually happened.

Thanks,
Jazaray
Dátum: 2010.02.28. 06:39:51
I'd like to know why my question was rejected as:
"The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
Your answers are ambiguous or wrong to this question."

What happened to the American Space Shuttle Challenger on January 28, 1986?

It landed on the moon.
It disintegrated after it launched. <-- correct answer
It orbited the earth for 349 days.
It did not launch.

Challenger disintegrated 73 seconds after it launched, I know, I watched it happen during school. I was 10 at the time. The first word of the question, as well as the first word of each answer, is capitalized. There are no punctuation mistakes. Everything is spelled correctly. I specified the date I was talking about, as it had completed missions prior to that date. There's no way to mistake any of the answers for each other. "It did not launch" would be a valid answer, as it is nothing like "nothing happened to it" or the like. I even specified that it was the American shuttle, just in case there was another one named Challenger in another country.

So.. what's wrong with it?

Here's the wikipedia site for it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Shuttle_Challenger_disaster

Thanks,
Jazaray
Dátum: 2010.02.27. 07:42:12
Where is the anime from?
From Portugal
From Japan <-- marked correct
From China
From the U.S.A.

All of the answers are correct. There is Japanese anime, and there is also American anime, Chinese anime and Portugese anime. The question also needs to lose the word "the" in front of anime, but that's besides the point. I think the question should be re-worded to "From what country did anime originate?" or something similar.

Thanks,
Jazaray
Oldal: 12