Felhasználónév: Jelszó:
Szerző
Topic neve: Quiz errors
much likedHatsepsutNő
Adminisztrátor
131 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Quiz errors
541. hozzászólás - 2010.03.01. 22:12:14 (Válasz Valkyrie #540 hozzászólására.)
For 2 euro you can buy 20 ancient stones. Any time you buy real ancient stones the same number of burnt-out ancient stones will change into active. So the answer is ok.

And thank you for your comment, I see there is a problem with long questions. I've already indicated that to the programmer.
Pontszám: 5
averageJazaray
Végzetúr poronty
33 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
542. hozzászólás - 2010.03.01. 22:31:37 (Válasz stekkos #538 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.03.01. 17:05:24
I posted the bible question and although you have a point that some translations interpret those scriptures as unicorn, further reasearch revealed that the original hebrew word mentioned there was actually horn of wild bull, a fierce extinct type of bull well known to hebrews of that time, in contrast with the unicorn which was part of greek mythology and not so well known at that time to israel

So, in the five minutes we have to answer the question, we're supposed to do intensive research on whether or not the unicorn was a bull? Those of us who don't really have much to do with religion or the bible, wouldn't even think about the unicorn being something else or whatever. I answered "unicorn" because I figured that maybe the dragons mentioned in the bible were actually meant to be dinosaurs. I'm sorry, but I think that either there needs to be different answers for it (Not including unicorn, or any other "possible" mythical creatures that could be interpreted as being "in" the bible) or the question needs to be deleted.

Thanks,
Jazaray
public enemytaw2db
Végzetúr poronty
2 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
543. hozzászólás - 2010.03.02. 01:58:55
god did not create the earth in 7 days ,on the seventh day he rested
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
544. hozzászólás - 2010.03.02. 04:54:09 (Válasz Jazaray #542 hozzászólására.)
Jazaray, i was not aware about the unicorn translation then. My point was to be a clear answer, dragons. So i have no objection for the question to be changed and remove unicorn. Change it to vampire maybe?
averageJazaray
Végzetúr poronty
33 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
545. hozzászólás - 2010.03.02. 18:41:48 (Válasz stekkos #544 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.03.02. 04:54:09
Jazaray, i was not aware about the unicorn translation then. My point was to be a clear answer, dragons. So i have no objection for the question to be changed and remove unicorn. Change it to vampire maybe?

Oh, I see. I guess I misunderstood your post then. I don't know about vampires, I heard Lilth was one. How about something like a snorlax or a Grindyglow. Keep everybody on their toes.

Thanks,
Jazaray
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
546. hozzászólás - 2010.03.02. 19:21:59 (Válasz Jazaray #545 hozzászólására.)
No matter, i cannot change it so is up to the admins
likednerdearsFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
33 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
547. hozzászólás - 2010.03.02. 22:03:57
I just received the following question. It is the first time it has popped up for me.

"How much water can be hold in 10 M3?"

Huh?!? I'm GUESSING that the question should be "How much water can be held in 10 cubic meters?" I personally have no idea and actually got the answer wrong. I'm sure I could have looked harder and eventually gotten the answer, but could we at least change the wording and also write out "cubic meters" instead of "M3", especially since we can't use the small 3 to indicate cubed?
Pontszám: 6
popularGod fiala
Végzetúr poronty
16 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
548. hozzászólás - 2010.03.03. 03:54:56
I had a question that asked, "What do you call your father's sister's sister in law?" and the answer was your mother.

This may be right but it also doesn't have to be your mother.. it could be your aunt.
hatedJerko
Végzetúr poronty
114 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
549. hozzászólás - 2010.03.03. 07:34:16
You have 04:04 more time to answer.
When was the first newspaper in the world published?
563 B.C.

The first newspaper dates back all the way to 59 BC. It was called the Acta Duirna in Rome, Italy.
Wrong answer! The correct answer is: 1609.
This is
A hozzászólást Jerko módosította 2010.03.03. 07:34:53-kor
Pontszám: 6
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
550. hozzászólás - 2010.03.03. 08:16:02 (Válasz Jerko #549 hozzászólására.)
I looked it up now that you mentioned it and all i can say is :Administrator we have a problem It seems the author of the question meant the first printed not puplished
irritatingHyannisFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
48 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
551. hozzászólás - 2010.03.03. 08:38:46
To the Evaluators - problems with doing the Hunt today and answering the questions. One of the questions I answered correctly - Who played Rambo? Answer good old Sly Stallone, but I received a wrong answer and the correct answer being ALASKA????

Other questions answered with correct solution but wrong answers not relating to the question kept popping up!!!
hatedJerko
Végzetúr poronty
114 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
552. hozzászólás - 2010.03.03. 08:45:38
Too many wrong questions , incorrect or incoherent answers ...
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
553. hozzászólás - 2010.03.03. 08:53:51
What was the name of Tonto's horse, on the Lone Ranger TV series ?
Paint
Scout
Pinto
Silver

Isn't this special knowledge? Never heard for the series, let alone watch it or know the name of some guy's horse...

And common with the who wrote questions

Who wrote the Inheritance cycle?
Ted Dekker
Christopher Paolini
J.K Rowling
Anthony Horrowitz

I am 27 yrs old, finished college, and only writer I heard of is J.K.

I am sick and tired of these questions,and if they continue, I will start putting my country's authors...
A hozzászólást Valkyrie módosította 2010.03.03. 08:57:15-kor
Inter urinas et faeces homo nascitur
Pontszám: 6.50
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
554. hozzászólás - 2010.03.03. 17:40:10 (Válasz Hyannis #551 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Hyannis - 2010.03.03. 08:38:46
To the Evaluators - problems with doing the Hunt today and answering the questions. One of the questions I answered correctly - Who played Rambo? Answer good old Sly Stallone, but I received a wrong answer and the correct answer being ALASKA????

Other questions answered with correct solution but wrong answers not relating to the question kept popping up!!!

You are a victim of the fast answer button bug, we mentioned it a lot of times in the forum. Do not double click the answer button, it counts for the next question as well and you do not even see it. So stallone was counted correct and you saw the wrong answer for a question you answered without even seeing.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
555. hozzászólás - 2010.03.03. 17:42:28 (Válasz Valkyrie #553 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Valkyrie - 2010.03.03. 08:53:51
What was the name of Tonto's horse, on the Lone Ranger TV series ?
Paint
Scout
Pinto
Silver

Isn't this special knowledge? Never heard for the series, let alone watch it or know the name of some guy's horse...

And common with the who wrote questions

Who wrote the Inheritance cycle?
Ted Dekker
Christopher Paolini
J.K Rowling
Anthony Horrowitz

I am 27 yrs old, finished college, and only writer I heard of is J.K.

I am sick and tired of these questions,and if they continue, I will start putting my country's authors...

Too many already passed to stop without major complains like : OOOOOH i got rejected about my favourite author but this and this and that got through. Unless they delete all (highly unlikely), it will keep raining authors. You might as well add yours, but dont do it out of vengeance, post so we can learn what you know
hatedJerko
Végzetúr poronty
114 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
556. hozzászólás - 2010.03.03. 19:57:06
What Is The Story Behind The Nursery Rhyme 'Ring a Ring o' Roses'?

How the should I know that?
likednerdearsFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
33 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
557. hozzászólás - 2010.03.03. 21:20:35 (Válasz Jerko #556 hozzászólására.)
Most people know it as "Ring Around the rosey, pocket full of posey, ashes, ashes, we all fall down"!

I haven't had this question yet nor did I write it, but I do know it is about the black plague and the actual rhyme (or as close as I can remember) is:

"Ring a ring of roses, pocket full of posies (I think), achoo, achoo, we all fall down" and refers to the protection they tried to use against the plague.

Does this help with the question and answer? I don't know what answers were given and I don't know what the actual question is.

Also, I happened to know this without looking it up, but I doubt it is common knowledge.
A hozzászólást nerdears módosította 2010.03.03. 21:22:03-kor
Pontszám: 5.50
hatedJerko
Végzetúr poronty
114 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
558. hozzászólás - 2010.03.03. 21:31:59
I usually watch many documentaries , but I think I missed this one ...
likednerdearsFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
33 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
559. hozzászólás - 2010.03.03. 21:38:59 (Válasz Jerko #558 hozzászólására.)
Yeah, I don't remember where I picked up that bit of useless knowledge, and seeing as how it turned into a little kid thing, it's kind of morbid, because the "achoo, achoo, we all fall down" part indicates when the people actually catch the plague (they are sneezing) and then they die (they all fall down). Kinda disturbing, when you think about it.
unpopularaneksi
Végzetúr poronty
44 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
560. hozzászólás - 2010.03.04. 02:46:46 (Válasz nerdears #557 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: nerdears - 2010.03.03. 21:20:35
Most people know it as "Ring Around the rosey, pocket full of posey, ashes, ashes, we all fall down"!

I haven't had this question yet nor did I write it, but I do know it is about the black plague and the actual rhyme (or as close as I can remember) is:

"Ring a ring of roses, pocket full of posies (I think), achoo, achoo, we all fall down" and refers to the protection they tried to use against the plague.

Does this help with the question and answer? I don't know what answers were given and I don't know what the actual question is.

Also, I happened to know this without looking it up, but I doubt it is common knowledge.

The story goes in 1347 people sang this song because of the plague. The "ring" refered to the round red rash. The "a pocket full of posies" was the flowers ppl carried for protection. "Ashes" was a corruption of the sneezing sounds. And " all fall down" were the dead. It has a lot of variations. Amung the one we all know, the one listed above, there are also.

Ring a ring a rosie,
A bottle full of posie,
All the girls in town,
Ring a little Josie.

Round the ring of roses,
Pots full of posies,
The one stoops the last,
Shell tell whom she loves the best.

Ring-a-ring o' roses,
A pocket full of posies,
One for jack, and one foe jim,
And one for little moses.
A-tischa! A-tischa! A-tischa!

Ring, a ring o'roses,
A pocket full o' posies,
Up-stairs and down-stairs,
In my lady's chamber-
Husher! Husher! Cuckoo.

BUT the actual history of the meaning is up to interpritation. All of these version are said to be from around the same era. But noone has any idea the true meaning of any of them.

The actually meaning wasnt even published until 1961. And by that i mean it was never published before this date that this song refered to the black plague.

Many believe the songs derived from religious bans on dancing. And that adolescents would play these songs as games in which rings were involved. They even had more the one dance or game. "Little sally saucer" was also a song compared to this one.

So in the end songs like this and a tisket a tasket, hey diddle didle and even i am a little walrus all have no particular meaning. So to say it is for SURE this song is derived from the black plague actually is false.
A hozzászólást aneksi módosította 2010.03.04. 02:50:28-kor
Pontszám: 7.50
Dobókocka - a sokoldalú kiegészítőRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője