Topic neve: Merging worlds
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Merging worlds
201. hozzászólás - 2013.12.06. 17:56:20
Stiska,

I believe you are mistaken in some of your assumptions.

1 - W3 vs W1/W2
Even though you are right when you say W3 players have a disadvantage because their capacity to steal SE has always been limited, this limitation is not so important in the long run. As Sbart pointed out, most of our SE income from duels comes from EH. If you doubt this, check my numbers. I have 158.9mm stolen SE in 41,467 duels. This equals 3,832 per duel. Do you know how much I am making right now just with EH? From 6.5k to 7.0k ,depending on the level of the my opponent. So I am making almost double my average just with EH, which means the big steals are not so important in my 42k duels. I may have done it 200 times and this would be just 0.5% of my duels.

2 - Top 50 modifier
It was introduced at the same time in W2 an W3, so I don't understand why you believe it benefits us. As a matter of fact, it benefits W3, as you had one less year of leveling up without the modifier. When the modifier was introduced in W2, W2 players had done 30/40 levels more than you without the advantage of the modifier.

3 - AA skills
This actually gives you a big advantage over us. We had to level up several levels without the EH AA skills. As you recall from our PM exchanges, the EH AA skills were responsible for making EH competitive against DD.

The bottom line is that you have all the tools to be as strong as we are when you reach our level. Just do it

Cruel.
Pontszám: 5
averageTrackur
Végzetúr poronty
177 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
202. hozzászólás - 2013.12.06. 18:00:20
Becasue playing with the XP modifier slows down the level progress of the higher level players. making them much more powerful and still within range of the lower people so they can attack them? Instead of just leveling away and being someone else's problem.
Yes you are right, I find myself always within range of higher level players and (too a small extent) gaining on them. The modifier is to allow higher level players to always have poeple to attack and not to make the game "fair"
That's how it works...... whatever I guess, cant do much about it.
much likedSbartFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
879 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
203. hozzászólás - 2013.12.06. 18:20:08
Discussion completey derailed.
There was a discussion about the top50 modifier when it was implemented, http://forum.doomlord.net/index.php/topic,150.0.
Read it, and comment there instead so we can keep this thread ful of complains on bugs coming from the World merger instead.

@Miklos
Can you please fix the problem with the Daily deal already? I submitted a ticket to customer support Nov 30, and resubmitted about the same problem Dec 5th.
Basically the Daily deal and the ability to buy it does not reset at the same time.
very populardigitalisFérfi
Végzetúr tehetség
182 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
204. hozzászólás - 2013.12.06. 19:47:52 (Válasz Miklos #195 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Miklos - 2013.12.06. 14:32:50

About the Top50 modifier: We added now a tooltip next to the xp bar to explain how your multiplier is calculated to avoid confusion. .

And this tooltip will appear after I lvl up?

**edited to close quote **
A hozzászólást Miklos módosította 2013.12.07. 10:54:51-kor
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
205. hozzászólás - 2013.12.06. 20:40:24
It works for me and I find it pretty cool. Good addition to the game. Congrats!

base xp = 53103
*1.2 from deep learning
*1.54 from top 50

Cruel.
very popularFurlozza
Végzetúr poronty
121 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
206. hozzászólás - 2013.12.06. 21:34:05
Cruel, Stiska, Sbart et al.

Here's the Wombats feelings on the matter.

1) It hasn't changed the way I now play (as in then and now). I'm a DD player and will remain so.. much to the annoyance of some. I will stay where I am and maybe sometimes attack players from other worlds, just to see if they will feed me. I have noticed that there is a prevalence of a certain Scarab in one or two other world clans. Fortunately that didn't hurt TOO much *grin* (W3 rules, remember?)

2) Take a look at the Highscores page and you'll notice that the top 10 players are from W2 and W1 (I presume). The top two players from W3 are 11th and 12th and I haven't seen them complaining. They lost when it came to stature, but gained in the modifier being reduced when they level up.

3) The Modifier: I went from 20-something in W3 to 120-something in combined world,,, so when I last levelled up my XP dropped from 60K to 40K... in LANDRAGOR!!!! where ya gets twice the XP per dragon bashing.. so I expect to gain one or two more levels in the next few days. BUT as a DD player it will be SLOWER than as an EH player..... which is why I play DD.

4) I both attack and hunt and whilst I might not do 100 repeatable quests every month I do my share. I just rotate four or five of them. I also attack players higher than me, although I can switch without loss of DPs. I still get attacked by certain W3 characters and even their W2/1 counterparts, Eeh it happens.

SO what am I saying?

Nothing has changed. My cow Crystals still donate... although it would be nice if they started to attack again when I was offline... as do certain folks in varying degrees. SO I am back to just the 'normal' modifier. Big deal.... I'll just do a Haak and Challenge LOL and hunt... well except for certain events. If I get dragged into folks TC.... nothing new to see here, is there Mantap or Yabu.

There were/are glitches? No surprise there either. I have no idea how much coding is involved, but taking two opposite sets and making one is sure to throw up the odd missed spacing/decimal point/bracket/link/oversight. Programers are not perfect... W8 anybody? Vista? 2000? So in that regard for this game we are the test bunnies. The majority works and the game is still playable as before. In fact, it is more enjoyable IMHO. Well, stressful when trying to remain in top 10's LOL.

Remember as well that YOU decide how to play the game within its parameters. The merger has opened up a few new doors, broadened the field and yet remained the same if you care to play it the same. Just like the Scarabs, there are ways to avoid their grasp.

I look forward to the incoming.
The ONLY Wombat on W3
Pontszám: 7.50
very popularFurlozza
Végzetúr poronty
121 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
207. hozzászólás - 2013.12.06. 21:39:00 (Válasz Cruel01 #205 hozzászólására.)
Cruel

How did you find that? Been running my cursor all over my character page,
The ONLY Wombat on W3
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
208. hozzászólás - 2013.12.06. 23:09:09 (Válasz Furlozza #207 hozzászólására.)
It's a question mark right next to the XP bar.

Cruel.
very popularFurlozza
Végzetúr poronty
121 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
209. hozzászólás - 2013.12.07. 02:43:08 (Válasz Cruel01 #208 hozzászólására.)
Ah well then, It appears that it is either not working in W3 or only applies to those in the top 50, or have modifiers or.....

Looks like I have something else to look forward to as I march up the standings LOL
The ONLY Wombat on W3
much likedStiskaFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
86 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
210. hozzászólás - 2013.12.07. 10:31:20
Guys you still not understan the pount. This game needs more players to sustain otherwise it is not payable. Now who ever join this game and notice this things why would he plays it if he can never be as good as you are. You are talking about modifier jet i am explaining you that players from w1, w2 has benefit of as they are older w. You are talking about those few player from w3 jet they are not forum active and they complained to me cause few are from my tribe. I understand you cruel, you talk normal and giving me answwrs which are not the point. I am just waiting for miklos respond. If they will still coordinaring game this way, there is no place for me as i cant stand this
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
211. hozzászólás - 2013.12.07. 10:58:14
digitalis: the question mark appears now only if you have any modifiers to xp. (I hope its ok that way)
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
212. hozzászólás - 2013.12.07. 10:59:26 (Válasz Stiska #210 hozzászólására.)
Yes, you are right. We would like to start a new world for new players, who might in turn start second character on lvl 60 world and join the older worlds too if they like the game. But first we have to make sure everything is perfect after the merge.
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
213. hozzászólás - 2013.12.07. 12:47:52
@Stiska
This discussion has been going on for too long. It seems we are not being able to make ourselves clear. I will only say one last thing (Sbart has already said it, but I will repeat it): if I start a character from level 1 right now, I will simply crush my current char when this new char reaches lvl 127, years from now. I will not do it, but if anyone is interested in testing it, just look for me ingame and I will help.

@Miklós
By the way, weren't you going to include a tutoring function in the game?

I don't like the idea of creating new worlds. It only empties the current world(s). Doomlord is a game that offers fun to all levels, so you should take advantage of it. Level 60 W4 is much better, but you need to give more initial SE. The current amount is too low. If I recall correctly, the amount you give is enough to make a 900 abis/900 skills character. Maybe 1100/1100 makes more sense. There is a dude who is 1922/1539 in the combined worlds, but I think he is not active. There is another called Kill you all3 who is active (I've seen him winning championships) with 1382/1298. If you keep the current initial SE, competitive players will not be willing to start a game with such a big disadvantage.

Cruel.
much likedStiskaFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
86 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
214. hozzászólás - 2013.12.07. 14:32:56
Cruel, my friend
I talk to you a lot with personal mails.
My w1 char was created and run trough what you told me and with my previous experience. So I am not talking trash and nonsenses
There is no way, No WAY i can manage and catch up millions and millions deference in xp which is your char for at least 50-60 lvl-s of modifying then which i will not have it with my w1 char. My w3 char has right now deference of minimum 25-26k xp then my char before merge. Only 20 lvls with that char is minimum 500-600k of xp deference and this is around 7k (energy harness hunts) more hunts for you. now how big difference is from my char lvl 75 to your 127? How the hell i can compensate 15k or 20k more hunts for you or millions of xp for you? Can you explain me?
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
961 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
215. hozzászólás - 2013.12.08. 05:16:02
Stiska, is your point that players not in the top 50 are at a disadvantage competing with those in the top 50 even if they catch them because those in the top 50 have been getting the advantage of slowed experience?
much likedStiskaFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
86 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
216. hozzászólás - 2013.12.08. 13:14:21
Exactly, who ever create a char right now he is in disadvatage from the start
much likedStiskaFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
86 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
217. hozzászólás - 2013.12.12. 13:10:26
Well the time has come

Respect to you cruel no matter of our difference in opinion, you have been good leader and good friend (w4 specially). I cant play this way, if you are playing game you suppose to enjoy in it specially cause you are spending money for it. I am not dump to play something and give money while you are frustrated every time you log. Not only that, you complain and every time you complain you get silly answer after while like "Anyway, let's be constructive. What do you suggest? If you could change something, what would it be?" thats mean actually nothing will change dummass just stay in game , and actually they never changed anything. Elven my dear friend you are probably one of the best persons i found in this game. stay good and wish you all the best. maybe we found each other in some other game. Cale, darckk, scott and whole my tribe wish you the best. was proud to play by your side.
Miklos when you are writing me such mails be careful that if you want to keep some guys in this game dont make them stupid. I said to you that i will be here till end of this event but i obviously cant. You guys, moods make me leave after few years of playing and more then 50 medals gaining but actually i could say thanks to you cause if you didnt change this who knows when i would press delete button.

Stiska
A hozzászólást Stiska módosította 2013.12.12. 13:10:43-kor
averageTrackur
Végzetúr poronty
177 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
218. hozzászólás - 2013.12.12. 14:57:16 (Válasz Stiska #217 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Stiska - 2013.12.12. 13:10:26
Well the time has come

Respect to you cruel no matter of our difference in opinion, you have been good leader and good friend (w4 specially). I cant play this way, if you are playing game you suppose to enjoy in it specially cause you are spending money for it. I am not dump to play something and give money while you are frustrated every time you log. Not only that, you complain and every time you complain you get silly answer after while like "Anyway, let's be constructive. What do you suggest? If you could change something, what would it be?" thats mean actually nothing will change dummass just stay in game , and actually they never changed anything. Elven my dear friend you are probably one of the best persons i found in this game. stay good and wish you all the best. maybe we found each other in some other game. Cale, darckk, scott and whole my tribe wish you the best. was proud to play by your side.
Miklos when you are writing me such mails be careful that if you want to keep some guys in this game dont make them stupid. I said to you that i will be here till end of this event but i obviously cant. You guys, moods make me leave after few years of playing and more then 50 medals gaining but actually i could say thanks to you cause if you didnt change this who knows when i would press delete button.

Stiska

is it really about the money? I woudl spend 50 bucks a month playing whatever game came out at the time and then beat it and ned a new one.. I can spend maybe $20 a month here and it's been 3 years now!! .. I can blow 20 bucks by going somewere els for lunch one day, I might as well spend it instead on something I enjoy.... dont complain about the cost, fork up the cash and have a good time. You will enjoy the game so much more.
very popularBartessica Slam
Végzetúr poronty
277 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
219. hozzászólás - 2013.12.12. 16:14:27 (Válasz Stiska #217 hozzászólására.)
Farewell my friend.

E.
(Elvenwind)
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
220. hozzászólás - 2013.12.13. 10:42:30
We had a very long exchange with Stiska. His problem was that after the merge, he found himself in the neighbourhood of some stronger players (it was much more complicated, about some people having top50 modifier for longer time etc, I don't go into details here). Finally I ask him what he suggest, what to do. I don't know why he found that question silly and offending.
Dobókocka - a sokoldalú kiegészítőAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!