Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - dark22

Dátum: 2010.11.05. 23:16:33
I totally agree on this one with ImBigJon, I know it is probs a bigger thing to implement, but as he said devs probably didn't count on bots/inhumaly good spiders when they made this. 15 min is maybe too much, but that 0.1 prcent that gives you 1min 30 sec to do what you need to do would be critical for players taking care of their SE, but at the same time it would mean nothing to overnight hunters and lazy people leaving their SE laying for hours on them (lazy is too strong of a word, "less obssesive compulsive" is maybe better:).
Dátum: 2010.11.05. 23:06:31
You are probably using acceleration on other worlds? (one of options is to get your max AP from 200/400(PP) to 400/800(PP)+ one more duel w/o penalty)
Onw1/w2 setting is 2 duels as well
Dátum: 2010.11.05. 22:48:56
Great work, you have my thanks.

I noticed the bad URL yesterday but I figured something was wrong with my browser so I just deleted http tags altogether:)
Dátum: 2010.11.05. 02:57:06
I thought you were overexaggerating first time when you said she nailed you in 10 sec, but this is the second time you said it. Was it really just 10 sec?

And I know what you mean by saying that mods will say that there is no hard evidence, but it should be hard evidence if her script (if she uses it) has les than 10 sec repeat cycle. No human being is capable of clicking same thing every 10 sec for half an hour you waited before leveling.

I again say that I think that she is not a cheater, cause if I thought otherwise I'd quit the game the same second. But I sure do hope we'll get some kind of explanation.

You are saying that she never attacked you when you were out of SE? Not even when you get out of low HP but you've spend your SE? If the answer is that she never ever attacked you and got 0 SE loot, that should be considered evidence from my point of view.

Everybody can see that she is agressive and good player but hitting people only when they have SE is too much to swallow as luck.
Dátum: 2010.11.04. 23:25:48
It does sound streched but not impossible. She did say what she had done, and I have done similar thing few times, but I think it is unlikely to watch closely few players at the same time, so perhaps she is watching you closely and you should take it as a compliment. I also saw that she has the scrying orb which makes her story more belivable.

But few people had raised this question already, and although I personally doubt that she is a cheater, some sort of game staff (in game moderator, not Kethios) should resolve all the doubts publicly once and for all, with some sort of hard evidence that everything is done legally, and I am sure that Piggy would like it aswell to clear up her name (unless she really is a cheater of course:)

With the shortage of that kind of moderators on this forum though I think its unlikely to happen:/
I can understand to some degree when they turn one eye blind on low lvls push account for paying customers, but if these accusations are true the game would lose its sense.
Dátum: 2010.11.04. 08:31:37
Problem with the catalyst
You get news that your clan's catalyst is malfunctioning, it is smoking very badly. You hurry home. The reason of the problem is that the ectoplasm is leaking. To be able to repair it, you have to climb up on the perfectly smooth catalyst. It's not a simple feat...
level 13 climbing test: climbing:x + x + x crystal points = SUCCESSFUL!
With great difficulties, you manage to reach the top. The smoke bites your throat.
level 90 Constitution test: Constitution: x + x + x crystal points = SUCCESSFUL!
You repress your tears and begin to remove the top cover of the catalyst.
level 9 pick locks test: pick locks: x + x + x crystal points = SUCCESSFUL!
You remove the cover, and begin to repair the ectoplasm container. Your fellow clan members help you, they give the necessary materials, but the repair also needs some soul-energy.
You use up 357 soul-energy. SUCCESSFUL!
It is going well! Let's see if your skills were sufficient.
level 14 building test: building: x + x = SUCCESSFUL!
The ectoplasm leakage has stopped, the smoke dissipates. The catalyst work perfecly again, generating soul-energy for building! Your clan members congratulate you.

There you go
Dátum: 2010.11.03. 06:37:52
Hehe depends on your pet training skill I guess:)

lvl 60 pet requires 18k SE to train (300 SEx lvl), and if you have (and you have, I know it ) maxed horde making you will usually go for 4 same pets and try to keep em at same lvl to have same absortion on all of them. if your pet training is 10 and you boost it every time you use it, it is still 9 times x 30 min per pet, and since you can train only one pet at the same time it is 9 times x 30 min x 4 pets= 1080 min or
18 hours to fully train 4 pets. (that is 36 log on-s just for the sake of pet training). half ir to 9 hrs and 15 min each time to start and you see weather it is a good bonus for you or not.
For me it would be, but I doubt your pet training is as low as 10 and I am scared of challeging you in game to find out
Dátum: 2010.11.03. 02:02:28
Thats the 30 min you have to wait after putting SE amount that goes by your pet training skill (basically 15 min instead of 30 every time you try to train untrained pet or heal pet)
Dátum: 2010.11.02. 03:01:50
when you kill 15 entites you will get to pick one item. depending on how strong were the entities you killed (you noticed the "pick 1 lvl stornger entity, pick 2 lvls stronger..., pick 3 lvl stronger entity" thingy after you killed the first one?) the items you can pick will be similar lvl ((look few posts up to get the correct entity/loot lvl range)
Dátum: 2010.11.01. 23:44:25
FIFA world cup is held every 4 years, what other event is held every 4 years?

Olympics <-----
Euro Cup

Thenicly Olympics are held every 2 years (summer and winter are both Olympics if not specified in question) while Euro Cup is held every 4 years, same as FIFA WC.
Dátum: 2010.11.01. 22:21:00
We kinda got stuck here, is there any news Kethios?
Dátum: 2010.11.01. 22:19:58
Well if you think that your opinion is only one that matters than it is true, there is no point in this poll:)
I said in my post that I feel that tampering with the settings would create imbalance instead of fixing it, which is basically agreeing with you but...
I saw at least 3 different topics where the hunter/dueler imbalance was an issue, so I created this poll to gather options and general feeling about the issue, and not to "fix the game".
Dátum: 2010.10.31. 07:05:32
Please try not to vote only by your current character setting (yeah, hunters hate duelers and vice versa we all know it ) but try to think of a good reason for your vote and write it down.
I'm not sure is the current setting imbalanced or not, I feel that one side has the advantage but I also feel that any tampering with current settings would instead of fixing it, create even more unbalance.
Dátum: 2010.10.31. 06:56:46
Point taken:) Perhaps a note somewhere when the servers resets could do the trick.

But I still think that you can work around it, for me that situation is similar to having enough knowledge not to leave your SE on you while you are off, while it is hard to not hunt until server resets (mostly players are from Europe and not all pull my kind of night shifts everyday to do it), Duelers can do the same trick and attack you right after server resets (my tactic ) tying your hands for the entire day. That leaves you with option to win a fight against your captor which is equaly hard because you wouldn't be attacked in most cases if there is a good chance that you will win.

Only positive thing is that, beside image in your head that you are currently being tortured by some random person, there is no real loss to your character. That makes the difference in "free" gains (as you said there is a chance of loot on attack anyway)
Dátum: 2010.10.31. 06:43:16
Well following the logic that DPs are usefull for hunters (you can always buy crystal potion afterall) it would be balanced if something new would be implemented for duelers but only after lvl 40 (yes, you can start challenging at 30 but there is little point in that when adv only start after lvl40).
On other note than the auction hall question would be drawn up again, duelers pretty much get their ducats for free, while hunters have to spit out 10%-15% of their daily income on ducats (depending on number of daily APs gain, basically are you prem or not).

And duelers do that from the 20th lvl + gains from DG, while hunters (unless they are mixed) are not so certain that they will defeat DG monsters early on ( and again dueler can fight multiple DG monsters in a row w/o concerns while hunters have to either spend APs (again) or invest in chrono to cut down time to use DG w/o AP penalty).
Dátum: 2010.10.30. 17:12:23
Idézet: ImLittleJon - 2010.10.30. 14:50:43
It would be nice to have a version of the Duel page that was like a challenge mode or something. It would only show you players that you were allowed to challenge (i.e. once you challenged someone, the next time you viewed the page in this mode, they would not be listed). And, ideally, it would show you the 15 targets with the lowest skill totals.

Agreed, it gets tiresome sometimes to find your usual challenge victims (you know they are there but you can't remember their correct name and the duel list keeps giving you same 100% duel targets no matter how many time you refresh, so this is not lazyness its just tiresome to click everything 20 times to get what you want 21th time cause your target is at 60%).

About the TC thing, it would be bad if names and amounts of SE gained were displayed (nothing against just the name list for easier recognition) eventhough it would suit my style of play (no gains from me:D) cause same players would be targeted even more. If you need to break a sweat not to get 0SE duel it should be the same with TC. Gather data/compare data/ make a farm list (TC list:D).
As I had some complains from spider characters I talk to in-game that they sometimes simply don t have good targets available this would open a new area of strategizing (is that a word?) for them.

@ Viridel
No need for HH:MM:SS counter, server resets at 4 am game time, so time remaining is always the same.

Also there is no "Free" gain from TC as you have to duel and win a fight to gain something (by that logic normal SE gain from duel is "free" as well, someone had to do the work while you simply took it:)).
Dátum: 2010.10.29. 04:33:06
I don't know why people make such a fuzz about being in TC:)
If you are dragged into one it clearly states so in the last lane of your fight. So if you really wanna know just check your previous battles.
Cursing on the other hand is an event, it is clearly a sign that you will be in a fun zone soon:D
Dátum: 2010.10.28. 22:17:53
Idézet: Kyril - 2010.10.28. 10:30:11
you really should improve your reading skills

6. Kyril 30 Emerald Careless Conjurers 607 296 1.2M

I duell a lot and I'm under the Top 10 duellers in high score. I now have stored 800 aps and my 4th championship medal is very soon coming. I know what I'm talking about. What I'm now doing is milking cows but no hard work. I'm hardly being attacked by others, even though I have no god skilled char. MsPiggy has a god skilled char. Nobody will fight her because you know you can not win. She can carry a million SE with her without having a risk to loose something. That's the whole truth.

It's the fact that I want to face a challenge in the game. I'm not an adult with an undeserved sense of superiority.

My apologies, I just read the first few names on top list:)
While I understand from where is your logic coming from I don't understand on what are you complaining (Again:)) about.
On one hand you are complaining about lack of comprtition and challenges, but on other hand you have few good spiders just above your lvl (if you re not in MsPiggy range you will be shortly) you complain about the impossibility of defeating some players ( too much of a challenge for you?).
I really don't have anything against you or your posts, but you have to decide which problem is bothering you; too big of a challenge or lack of it. And all you did was complain, perhaps if you had a suggestion or something how to get the "imbalance" fixed people would listen.

Due to my line of work I have lot of extra on-line time and play quite a few browser games, and in each of them people that are good are on top and nearly untouchable, or have some weird strategy that works for them and makes them untouchable. If anything this game deals with it better that other games because of diversity of top lists and strategies one can implement (top builder, highest lvl, highest skill, top dueler, biggest SE gained etc.), and it is almost impossible to be the best in all the categories, while in other games top spots are usually reserved for same few players in all categories.

tl;dr- what is the problem and how do you suggest we deal with it?
Dátum: 2010.10.28. 03:38:56
You just don't get it do you? You think Miss Piggy woke one day and had uber character? ITS HARD TO BE A GOOD SPIDER! It takes time to make it work, and sometimes, as Kethios said, even if you do everything right, you can just luck out and there will be another player even better than you.

Think about how easy it is when you go to catacombs when someone stronger bullies you, or when you go under 15% to hunt... They don't have that luxury, they always have to keep their SE on them, while open to players 5+ lvl of their own to take it from them, they have to optimize their XP rate, need to watch lists closely to avoid attacking 80% of normal players that knows the basics and hide their SE and give up empty XP, they have to scry opponents to check just the right time to attack, and they have to be STRONGER than any other spider on their lvl range.

You, on the other hand, you just need to click hunt button and then come on forums to complain how hard it is to beat player that have met the requirements I wrote above.
Dátum: 2010.10.25. 19:29:02
I don't understand. Lets say my english is not good enough, and now tell us exactly what is the problem with that picture?

Ok so let me reprase... All those SE you see was somebodys else before they took it. Now check the folowilg stats. (same world)

Dark22 - level 21 Doomlord
Victory: Defeat:
Against the Emerald Horde 34 99
Against the Sapphire Horde 8 41
Against the Diamond Horde 19 63
Total: 61 203

Looted soul-energy: 1.412
Lost soul-energy: 474

The bolded underlined part is making my point. At this stage of my character development I can't really kill an ant not to mention other doomlords but my SE difference is positive. And that is the reason why there is not 2000 lost duels but only 200.
Real player looks at my character sheet and knows that he is getting free XP and no SE. Mixed ones try to drag me to torture chamber but after few times they see that that gains them 0 SE as well. End result is no attacks on me, but even if I get 300 of them it hardly matters to me.

So again which part of this do you not understand? Michal Shumacher is gay because he dominated F1, Michael Jordan was a prick because he dominated basketball world...etc. What you do is not complaining, its crying.. There is a difference between those two