Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Viridel

Dátum: 2010.11.15. 00:47:48
Idézet: HempImp - 2010.11.14. 21:56:48
I've just gotten a message that if I write one more 'bad' question I will not be allowed to write more. This doesn't seem fair. I have not knowing written a question already in the data bases, and I have never intended to write 'bad' questions. So I guess I will have to pass them all through here first, and if I get permission from you, I will write it...but then what if another evaluator (there is only one per question, is this correct?) receives it and rates it bad?

Is there any redemption from this state I am in? Will I be allowed to return to writing questions after X amount of good ones have been sent?

I get all manner of obscure sport questions (both European and American) and not being a sports fan, I have to google all of them. I'm terrible at math, so I use the calculator automatically built into my operating system for those problems, if I don't want to fool with it, or if I think I can make a reasonable deduction, I will have a go at answering. Because I think (am not certain) all players have access to these things, Google is free if you have an internet connection and you must in order to play; I know nothing of Mac computers, but I don't know of any PC operating systems that don't have a calculator in the Accessories tab...
I don't have a problem researching questions I get, and I try to research properly questions I am trying to write. There is so much grammatical error and misspellings in the game content itself, and knowing that this is being played on an international level, that unless a question is impossible to discern either the question itself or a reasonable answer for it, I cannot figure out why the admins are so picky. It's pretty clear the things written by them are not always correct, so why should players submitting questions have to be when trying to write in a language that is not their native tongue?
At any rate, I would like some help to that I don't get banned from playing this part of the game. It's as fun as dueling and hunting, and I can't be banned from doing those if I have bad grammar!

Any suggestions for me to be able to get back into the good graces of the evaluators. I've read everything in the forum regarding the quiz, and I will be able to better for having read it. Thank you for being willing to review questions for us so that we don't lose our ability to enjoy this aspect of Doomlord.

HI

It's an automated response after X number of rejected evaluations that serves nothing more than to create resentment and/or paranoia. Ignore it.
Dátum: 2010.11.14. 18:55:53
Idézet: MsPiggy - 2010.11.14. 18:04:27
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.11.13. 23:28:29
An issue I have in being in the Top5 of World 2 - I HAVE to run at 15DP per day, or I can't hit anyone other than a few guys. Meanwhile, someone a few levels lower has dozens of targets in their range, and can stay at 30DP per day. It's really hurting my Challenge (and to some degree, Adventure) totals since in being successful, I have to choose to accumulate fewer DP.

Is it really fair that I lose 105 DP per week just because I'm at a higher level than 99.8% of the competition?

I think that as you go up in levels, you can keep the 30DP option, but you can start hitting a few levels below you... Maybe 7.5%, rounded down, so a L54 can hit L50+ And for the 15DP option, you can hit a 15% lower level player.

Thoughts?

Being high level has it's benefits too. And if you challenge lower level people, your chances to win usually rise, so that balanced out a little. There's also the option to use Crystal potions, but what I'd advice is to get the Continuum demunition skill. Even with few targets, if you can challenge them every hour, they should suffice. Provided you're active enough to do that of course.

But still, if there were two that I could hit, that would be one per hour, on the hour, for 15 hours a day - just to use the 30DP. Hopefully nobody is that active!

As for the broadened attack options, it'd be ok if challenges have a wider range than duels. The lower level opponent could get a x% bonus to skills for each level you challenge below yourself, of course the bonus only takes effect in defensive challenges. A much lower level player will easily lose all HP by an attack from a high level player, so the attack range shouldn't be widened too much. I think the current range is fair.

That's why the 7.5% difference (rounded down). Basically for every 14 levels, you get access to one more level below you - that way high-level players still have at least some regular targets, but the spread isn't big enough to create a competitive imbalance. As for the "lower level bonus" to skills - not a fan of that. It makes their L30 Toughness more valuable than my L30 toughness - even though the game uses L30 as a "trigger point". Same for skills at the level cap - just creates more problems than it solves. The other thing with Challenges is that it's VERY GOOD to be Challenged. You have the chance for Crystals at absolutely no cost to yourself. If you lose, it's meaningless. So giving players a bonus, when they have nothing to lose already - I'm not a fan of that.
Dátum: 2010.11.14. 18:44:31
Idézet: ChaoticGemini - 2010.11.14. 12:06:46
Wait a minute. The king of necroposting on these forums writes:

Idézet: Viridel - 2010.11.13. 22:47:02
I'm also not sure, but if I start (but don't finish) training a creature, and have Auto-Squeeze on, will that pet always be safe - or would I need to finish training that pet first before re-activating Auto?

and 3 hours later when someone responds how it is works, it's behind the conversation?? I guess we can all ignore your questions after 3 hours too.

Ohhhh, crap. My bad. I read it too quickly, and thought you were telling me how to activate the Auto Squeeze (in the Hunt screen). Combined with the fact that I have asked for Auto-Squeeze to be included in the Pet Squeeze section - I was thinking of an issue to a feature that hasn't been implemented yet.

I do sincerely apologize.

MY FAIL!
Dátum: 2010.11.14. 08:33:59
Idézet: ChaoticGemini - 2010.11.14. 01:52:58
When you set auto-squeeze, it squeezes the pet you just captured. It shows up right on the hunt page. That it auto squeezed the pet and the amount you got for it.

Don't take this the wrong way, but you are sooo far behind in the conversation...
Dátum: 2010.11.13. 23:31:03
Idézet: D00ml0rd - 2010.11.13. 22:53:41
why would a player even ask that question, how would it even enter ones mind unless one was able to see exactly what SE someone else was holding.

ive never had any seperation between creative affin and normal se so its not like theres even soemthign there to indicate what se someone is holding.

however knowing exactly what Se someone is holding would in fact explain how someone was able to do such accurate and proftable hits time after time after time after time after time etc etc etc

has piggy just shot herself in her trotter?

Unless it's referring to the Energy Harness bug.
Dátum: 2010.11.13. 23:28:29
An issue I have in being in the Top5 of World 2 - I HAVE to run at 15DP per day, or I can't hit anyone other than a few guys. Meanwhile, someone a few levels lower has dozens of targets in their range, and can stay at 30DP per day. It's really hurting my Challenge (and to some degree, Adventure) totals since in being successful, I have to choose to accumulate fewer DP.

Is it really fair that I lose 105 DP per week just because I'm at a higher level than 99.8% of the competition?

I think that as you go up in levels, you can keep the 30DP option, but you can start hitting a few levels below you... Maybe 7.5%, rounded down, so a L54 can hit L50+ And for the 15DP option, you can hit a 15% lower level player.

Thoughts?
Dátum: 2010.11.13. 23:17:58
Idézet: Miklos - 2010.11.13. 10:19:31
Thank you for this topic, it is indeed promising. Now that is is quite well formed, I would like to add my thoughts. The mechanics are all great, my observations are purely technical.

1.) About AP as a cost. My experience during the Zarknod event was that the most precise players calculated and compared the event reward to that they should have received if they spent the APs on hunting instead. There were many arguments over this, and at the end, we had to balance the ability bonus reward so it was exactly equal to if they would have hunted (including every possible bonus). So if we would like to use APs as a way to activate this, it would be the safest way to award the same SE and XP for each activation as we would for hunting.

I don't disagree with this entirely - however - if the reward is a strong enough series of relics, how is the use of AP in a battle such as this any different than labour in the Auction house? I don't suggest APs for this event at all - it was the single biggest nightmare surrounding the Zankwad event - and this should be a DIFFERENT event anyways - not Zankwad 2.0

2.) About DP as a cost. DP is less of a resource than AP, some players can't even use it all up. But with energy harness, it is becoming a resource too, so if we use it as a way to activate the event, we have to reward SE and XP, at least to those who have EH skill.

EH is buggy now anyways, and I don't think (m)any count on it as a legitimate way to accumulate SE. As for the XP, meh, easy enough to add a nominal amount to each hit and that balances. Again though, if the relics are worth the cost, then there won't be complaints.

3.) About not taking damage during the attacking the monster: this is an interesting idea, however hit points, regeneration rate, ways to heal were always part of the game and a natural limit to number of activations. I would prefer to keep this, this way we don't have to limit number of activations per day. However, pets would get xp and morale from the fights, like during the Zarknod event.

The reason for this is to ensure that everyone can participate to some degree. If all the good dueling items go to good duelers, all that happens is the strong get stronger, and the weak get (comparatively) weaker. Maybe not activations per day, but allowed damage per day - that way if someone hits 5000 in one shot, they only use up 1 DP. If someone takes 50 hits to get that same 5000 damage, then yes, they had to work harder - but they are in line for the same reward. That seems fair.

4.) The number of mega-enemies, their hp, damage etc.
Number. There was the idea of having more than one enemy, and players can choose which to attack depending on the reward they wish. Yes, this has the danger of no monsters dieing due to players splitting their dps. It is much simpler if we have only one enemy, but at the end, players can choose from various rewards.
HP. This is a tough question. It is pretty difficult to calculate in advance the dps of the players, how many will be active etc. It is possible that the creature dies in 2 days, or it doesn't in the entire event time and players get nothing. Also don't forget that low level players can deal only a small proportion of high ones. A high level player can deal 10,000 dmg, while a low level can deal 50. A possible solution to this that there are indeed several monsters: each for every 10 level. Players of level 1-10 attack the tier 1 enemy, players of level 11-20 attack the tier 2 enemy, etc. If a group finishes off their opponent, they can attack the next higher level enemy. If there is none, they can attack the ones below. This way everyone fight a creature of their own league, and the monsters damage is in ratio to the players.

I'm certainly fine with a creature for every 5 levels even - you get locked into a creature when the event starts, regardless if you level up. And yes, I like attacking up - but not attacking down. Doing this would somewhat mitigate my counter-point from #3 - although not completely, as the character development differences do still exist, and need to be accommodated - not accentuated.

5.) Alternate (non-fighting) way to participate for soul-energy by building a cage. This is also a nice idea (although I do not believe that there are many pure builder main characters who never fight). There should be one big cage which anyone can build. The building would simply show on the clan panel, and could be built with manaconstrucion or for SE.
If we are worried about this slowing down building of clans, we can make an alternate building way, which can be activated once per day by each player.

To heck with the Clans - during Zankwad, everyone had their Soul Well reduced by half - and nobody really cared. Ultimately, and I keep saying this, if the reward is worth the expense - then you won't have complaints. If I invest 500,000 in building the cage, but get a relic that will allow me to invest 750,000 back in - then it's good for the Clan to promote participation. If it's largely a break-even (like Zankwad was), then participation won't be as strong. Not sure why you would put as a building in each Clan though - because it's a Clan cage - got a global task. ManaCon is also too strong for an event like this, and needs to get mitigated somewhat, since there's no cost to use it, yet massive gains. Those players who don't have ManaCon will be completely left behind. In fact - if you don't want to hurt the Clans, say this cage can ONLY use SE - no ManaCon at all.

6.) Rewards. As you said, there should be reward tiers, based on your performance. The tough job here is compare performance to level. Both dps and building potential are very dependant on level. For this reason, it would be much more simpler to give rewards based on the number of activations. How to work this for the building part - if someone does a manaconstruction with 100% mana, that would count as 1 activation. Building for as much SE as to raise luck by 1 point would count as 3 activation.
There should be rewards for killing, and rewards for building. I will compile a list of these later.

If we use the level system, then this problem largely goes away. As we saw with Zankwad, Activations have their own inherent problems. I activated about 95% of the time. Many others were successful only 50% of the time. As for the ManaCon & Luck points, this is a HORRIBLE idea (sorry), as we all have different values for out next Luck level, and I've blitzed a pile of SE into Magic and ManaCon50 to help my Clan with about 70k per activation. Someone with ManaCon1 and a few thousand SP that contributes 1000 to the build is NOT the same contribution as I make.

7.) i agree with Stekkos that there should be no penalty during this event.

Why not? I think the -AT +DF is quite viable.

8.) Story. Thank you for your great work, Kethios, I will make a few adjustments to ensure it is in harmony with the current world history.

And my story idea is chopped liver. Thanks for that.

9.) Implementation. Currently, we work on patching up the original servers latest developments. This will take some time, as well as starting a new map event. As an estimation, I can say that we can implement the above in January if all goes well.
Dátum: 2010.11.13. 22:47:02
Idézet: dark22 - 2010.11.13. 22:24:48
Right but with an option that timer doesn't matter if the max pet capacity is reached

Exactly - all three Added options are necessary to cover the viable bases. And are ultimately good for the makers of the game, as Stones will still get used - but not in a "gouging" way.

I'm also not sure, but if I start (but don't finish) training a creature, and have Auto-Squeeze on, will that pet always be safe - or would I need to finish training that pet first before re-activating Auto?
Dátum: 2010.11.13. 08:02:35
Sent in a PM to Kethios (as per his request), but also posting it publicly in case anyone is in agreement, or has a counter-argument.

The issue is that there is no way to Auto-Squeeze without potentially requiring an additional use of resources (be it Stones or APs). When I purchased the Comfort Functions, one of the advantages clearly states Auto-Squeezing (with L60+ Squeeze). I took this to mean that a creature would automatically be Squeezed when the timer allowed - after all, this is the true meaning of AUTO - no additional requirements. This seems reasonable, given that I made a PURCHASE to receive this benefit.

I fail to see why a function that I paid money for will also cost me to have active - after all, if I want to spend 1/3 Stone to re-activate it; I didn't really need to purchase the function. In fact, I have less control now than I did before, as if I select Stones/APs, I have no way to NOT use them - even if there are only 10 seconds before the timer would reset itself.

I'm not suggesting that the Stones/AP options be removed - merely that a new global option be added (probably to the Squeeze screen):
- Automatically Squeeze an untrained creature when the timer resets

In addition, there should be three new options added to the Hunt area:
Currently:
Squeeze captured creatures automatically, and if necessary, reactivate squeeze for 1/3 ancient stone.
Squeeze captured creatures automatically, and if necessary, reactivate squeeze for 1 action point.

Add:
Squeeze captured creatures automatically when the timer resets, and if the pet maximum is reached, reactivate and use squeeze for 1/3 ancient stone.
Squeeze captured creatures automatically when the timer resets, and if the pet maximum is reached, reactivate and use squeeze for 1 Action Point.
Squeeze captured creatures automatically when the timer resets. Do not use any reactivation options.

These would give the user the options they need, as to how to use the feature that they PAID for, in the optimal way for their game. Personally I use tend to use option 3 - meaning I don't want to use Stones until I'm at my Pet Capacity, but at that point, I would be willing to - which seems to be a win-win scenario.

- V
Dátum: 2010.11.12. 23:26:43
Which Brazilian city's aiport is called Congonhas?

Aside from the misspelling of "aiport", how exactly does this qualify as anything but uninteresting & lexical?

As for the previous post, I always learned it Sally - but both are obviously quite viable.
Dátum: 2010.11.12. 01:05:34
Idézet: Hexonx - 2010.11.12. 00:34:35
Yes, I have around 500 or so...

It's weird same thing happened today. I began written a forum post and in the middle was called away for an hour or two. I left the computer on with the page open and when I got back I finish the post and pressed send or whatever and ... BOOT, out to the Doomlord Front Page, had to log back in and go to the forums (Clan) and just like the adventure ... nothing there!!!

Who knows maybe there's a typing timer or something silly lick that or maybe its my computer or maybe ...

Like 99% of all user-driven-activity sites, there is a timeout limit. Webbanking is usually 15 minutes, chatrooms range from 10 minutes to an hour, Doomlord is 2 hours.

Write the adventure in Word/Text, then just copy & paste them into the text boxes. That way you can't time out, and you can do a spell check.
Dátum: 2010.11.10. 20:02:50
Idézet: ImLittleJon - 2010.11.10. 17:53:32
Idézet: Kethios - 2010.11.10. 12:18:50
The following suggestions will be forwarded towards the admins:

1. A page where you can see who you dragged into the torture chamber.

2. "Interrupt your rest" on duel page.

3. Pop up button when buying ducats for SE asking "are you sure"

Does that mean you are not forwarding the suggestions from Post #285 in this thread?

And how about the problem with Auto-Squeeze?
Dátum: 2010.11.10. 02:27:21
Idézet: BabeTheOx - 2010.11.10. 00:04:14
I wasnt sure where else to post, so this is the most familiar for me.

Is the Magic Absorber too powerful an item, when comparing it to other Magic Absorbtion items, most of which only have a tiny static bonus?

Meh, not really. There are L50 characters doing 700-1200 points of magic damage... And the Magic Absorber blocks "only" the level worth (in this case, around 50). It's a big item for a L30 character / opponent, but as the game goes on, its impact will be minimized exponentially.
Dátum: 2010.11.08. 11:07:02
Idézet: ChaoticGemini - 2010.11.08. 10:48:24
I disagree that a lower level player can't compete. They just have to save and wait to bid on the items they want most. There chance will come, just not immediately.

Meanwhile, the rich get richer, the poor get poorer.
Dátum: 2010.11.08. 04:35:02
Which of this ships does NOT appear in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies?
The Black Pearl
The Flying Dutchman
Queen Anne's Revenge
HMS Dauntless

Another movie question requiring intimate knowledge of the specifics of all three in the series.
Dátum: 2010.11.08. 00:46:32
Which of the following is NOT a member of DC's Green Lantern Corps?
John Stewart
Guy Gardner
Hank Henshaw
Hal Jordan

Wow... Specialized knowledge, ya think?

PS. All four names appear on the Wiki page for Green Lantern Corps - so it's not even a fair question.
Dátum: 2010.11.08. 00:45:24
Who wrote the cult classic "Little Shop of Horrors"?
Jack Nicholson
Roger Corman
Fred Katz
Charles B. Griffith

Little Shop of Horrors
LittleShopAlbum.jpg
Original Cast Album
Music Alan Menken
Lyrics Howard Ashman
Book Howard Ashman
Basis Roger Corman film
The Little Shop of Horrors
Productions 1982 Off-Broadway
1983 West End
1986 Film
2003 Broadway
2004 U.S. National Tour
International productions
2006 West End Revival
2009 UK Tour
Awards Drama Critics Circle Award for Best Musical
Drama Desk Award for Best Musical
Outer Critics Circle Award
Evening Standard Award for Best Musical

Moderation accuracy is starting to slide a little again...
Dátum: 2010.11.08. 00:39:53
Idézet: firanx - 2010.11.07. 14:14:49
Which French revolutionary was not executed by guillotine?

Georges Danton
Jean-Paul Marat
Maximilien Robespierre
Louis de Saint-Just

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

- I disagree. Assassination of Marat by Charlotte Corday is widely known fact.

Who killed who with the what now? Careful with the statement "widely known fact" - what is your history education is, probably isn't the same as the rest of the world.

Hell, we all can't even agree if the world is 14 billion years old or 6000 years old.
Dátum: 2010.11.08. 00:36:23
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.11.07. 13:57:38
Well i searched 3 logos from different sources and they all had a 9 string harp.

The whole debate is rather moot if we can agree that the number of strings on the harp is wayyy too specialized knowledge. The symbol for Guiness being the harp, sure. The number of strings on said logo? Too detailed.
Dátum: 2010.11.08. 00:29:11
Idézet: petel87 - 2010.11.07. 14:24:27
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.11.07. 05:31:05

Petel, if I wanted your opinion, I would tell you what it was.

There is NO reason we can't have:
a) A faster cycle in the Auction House
b) Better relics that are actually worth bidding on.

That's all I'm saying.

Faster cycle and better relics will give an additional advantage to some players, it will make the game imbalanced and I strongly disagree with this idea. I started playing this game a long time after W1 was created, yet I can find myself in top 50 (both levels and top SE loots). If the auction house relics were given away every second day I will never have the chance to catch players that started playing before me.

This is false logic. The more quality items, the more Ducats will be spent more frequently. In its current state, there are so few quality items, that they will ALL inevitably be eaten up by players who have Ducat Bonuses or have to drastically overpay for the quality of said item. If there were more quality items, then the market would more accurately dictate the value - it's rudimentary supply & demand.

In your example, again, it's false logic. If more quality items were available, then the top players would still bid on them against each other, and drive the price to the appropriate level. Instead of having to save up 200 Ducats to have a *chance* at a top item, maybe it only takes 150-175 Ducats if more items are available. In fact this opens up the bidding to MORE players, since they won't have to save up for as long to get into play.

As for voicing without frustration, fair enough. But the point is that I've waited a few months spending 2 or 5 APs every day. Selling unneeded artifacts. Waiting for something to come up that would justify spending all that AP/SE worth on... And... Here it is... Nope... Just more crap. Guess what, it IS frustrating.

As for the cycle change, if it were twice a week (3.5 days), it wouldn't change the final bid amount. There are usually only marginal bid changes between days 2 to 4 - all the action is in the 1st and 5th day. So compressing the middle likely won't change the final bidding much at all - except to cycle more items thru, opening more items up to all players. Also, a 3.5 day schedule means that certain regions don't get screwed on the deadline time every single time.

I just don't see how a 3.5 day schedule hurts the game - all I see are benefits.