Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Viridel

Dátum: 2010.10.21. 03:34:19
Entity Reward:
Spectral Manipulator 40 +6 Defense, +6 Absorption, +7 spectral manipulation

Is this +7 SpecMan ABOVE 100, or just +7 until hitting the 100 cap?
Dátum: 2010.10.20. 22:23:46
Event:
Kennel: level 7 is finished, the last brick was built in by ______.

Awesome guys! This i really showing that the users are (finally ) being listened to!
Dátum: 2010.10.20. 16:54:39
Idézet: Inv_ - 2010.10.20. 09:05:25
while your math does make sense, please remember that the final stats rewards were given based on (input se + ap) / (cost of stats w/o the specialization/ultraspec/-x% stats cost). so yes.. if you have 0 hunting skills, 0 ultraspec and no -x% stats cost item, you get more stats than you could have bought if you did normal hunts. problem is that there were ppl who had the mentioned skills/bonuses and for them the rewards were... meh at best. all in all.. counting in the -infection bonus (which is only a bonus if you're fighting the infection), the relics and few potions, rings + neckalces i guess i'm getting closer to the input se; but keep in mind that not all fights were wins, so there were some -2 ap ones..

Regarding the losses, I did factor those into my calc, I had about 15 losses for the 385 wins (400 total battles, 800 total AP spent). Yes, my percentage may be higher than the majority of other participants - but I am only looking at my numbers. I did factor SpecMan (Hunting) into my calculation, but not (Ultra)Specialization... So, with optimal use of UltraSpec L50, I guess the SE differential could be about even. But I still got the rest of the stuff out of the deal - however yes, that's also with a ~95% win ratio.
Dátum: 2010.10.20. 16:44:18
Idézet: Valkyrie - 2010.10.20. 13:14:58
So, other people can not advertise websites but you (in your signature) can? A bit bias, isn't it?

Well played... And there is also someone with "cheap Ugg boots" in their Sig.

There is definitely a difference between having ads in a sig vs making an ad-post. But I would be just as happy to see all advertising banned. Really, does anyone actually click on Sig Ads anyways?
Dátum: 2010.10.20. 16:01:02
I think it's pretty absurd that you can be in more than one torture chamber at a time.
Dátum: 2010.10.20. 06:04:56
Idézet: D00ml0rd - 2010.10.19. 21:23:34
ok lol i will stop complaining about it

but last shot on subject

1. "The new Event is here! I can say this one was the best in the whole Doomlord history for Hungarian players"

it did not live up to the hype, well not on eng server anyway, the map event and that trade relic seems to be m uch better as the trade relic definately gave a big advantge to those that played.

2. "Also, stop talking like that. It is your decision. If you didn't like it - do not participate next time"

As has been noted already this was not completely voluntary there WAS a penalty for not participating, wether that affected players to any degree or not is beside the point it still was a penalty and it would have affected players that use SP with magic regen skill and also for manaconstruction.

3. It also penalised all clans and all players in clans with the stupid half rate regen of soul well.

lesson to be learnt? For developers and over excited mods Dont hype something up without giving full disclosure, dont hide the costs with silly formulas and dont penalise players for not particpating

For players, trust your gut instinct and dont believe all the hype when it starts walking like a duck.

Lastly thanks for answering my question about W3

1) Yeah, it took WAY too long, and was very tedious (and costly). Plus the random nature of the relic drops caused more problems than benefit. Some got the relic in the first 10, some got nothing after 100.

2) I was going to bring up ManaConstr and MagRegen, but (I don't think) anyone on W2 was at that stage when the event came in. Going forward, it'll make a BIG difference to those users.

3) At least it penalized evenly, although in the grand scheme, that meant the rich got richer and the poor got poorer

4) I still say the biggest problem was the relic reward. The Zankwad relic is crap, and the way it got distributed was lousy - the Horde Balancing was piss poor. And the Top10 prize being that same lousy Zankwad medal was just a big mistake.

Was the event worth it? For me, it was. Something that is forgotten about in all these calculations is that the "goblins" did pay back when they were defeated. So that 2000 and 2APs you spent did earn back around 1000SE, and potentially a solid potion (and of course the Relics). For myself, I spent around 800,000 and 800 APs, with around 350k being returned in victory "payment". If I would have used those 800 APs, at 1200 SE average each, that would have been 960,000. For a gain, I pulled in +45.3 in stats (average, obviously), at a cost of about 2800 (escalating to 7230, to keep the math simple) each - so that's 1.625M in "value".

Plus you got Rings, Necklaces and Crystals randomly. I got about 20 that I traded for Ducats. 20 Ducats = 50 APs worth of labour. So since I would have laboured with those anyways, can't really count them as an event cost. So the 800 APs was actually 750. So, using those numbers:

- 750,000 Spend (Pylon Attack cost)
+ 350,000 Victory Pay
- 900,000 Lost AP Value (from lost Hunts)
+ 1,625,000 Gained Stat Value
+ 35,000 with the 5 Luck Points
+ 75,000 in Infection Fighting
-------------------------------
+ 410,000 Overall SE Gained by doing the event (800 AP worth)
+ Dozens of Health & Magic potions that helped me roll more quickly thru more Goblins and Entities
+ The 20 Ducats that would have taken me 10 more days of labour to get
+ 150(ish) BOAS, that I WILL utilize as a paying member (and even if I wasn't, they could go into the Clan Crystalyzer)
+ The immediate 5-level value of infection fighting (meaning that I'll get the Infection Bonus 5 levels earlier)
+ The Three Relics (I missed out on the Top 10 Kills list by 3, damn day job)

Looks like a pretty good deal to me. Yes, I would participate in this again.
Dátum: 2010.10.19. 18:20:15
Idézet: Kethios - 2010.10.19. 12:08:01
Okay here is the answer:

We think that sacrificing the HP of a player would give advantage to the hunters, builders, while disadvantage to duellers. Everyone would just sacrifice his/her HP then go to max hunts.

Sorry but this is a no.

Agreed - it's (too great) a great loophole for Builders. Players can already sacrifice to Epic's to knock down their HPs.
Dátum: 2010.10.19. 18:18:23
Idézet: LydonB - 2010.05.01. 00:08:37
From the description he gave, it's quite easy to deduct that one is a pusher account.

Even if they are married or whatever, under the same IP gaining the crystal from the other account is already breaching the rules. So is membership in the same clan unless both pay premium.

And since the MaryBelle one has basic equipment and just builds; it's way too obvious what's being done.

Obvious or not, that's not proof. If one is a dedicated builder, why would they buy Equip? Maybe Mary just wants to play to do the quizzes and grow her (assuming) husbands Clan. Sure it could be the same player, but the evidence is circumstantial. There could just as easily be two people as one.
Dátum: 2010.10.19. 18:09:29
You can't attack this character, because you attacked him/her in the last 430 minutes.

------------------------------------

Ummm, no I didn't. 430 minutes ago, it was 3:30am, and I was asleep.

Attempted Challenge of Bugsbunny on W2

*** Follow-up, ok, so I did successfully challenge them (I queue up 3-4 Challenges before the page re-loads) - but they re-appeared on the next Duel Screen, and the Challenge option hadn't been removed. So still a (small) bug, just different than first thought. Replicated several times:
Bugsbunny 44 Diamond Carpacio 692 / 419 80% Attack! Challenge

^Bugs is the only player showing as Invisible - maybe this has something to do with it???
Dátum: 2010.10.18. 23:33:21
Who plays the main character in the first Batman movie?
Michael Keaton
Val Kilmer
George Clooney
Jack Nicholson

FAIL!

Adam West
Dátum: 2010.10.17. 18:42:48
Idézet: Cruel01 - 2010.10.15. 02:02:43
Which of these books is not from José Saramago?

The Notes ("Os Apontamentos")
Blindness ("Ensaio sobre a Cegueira")
The Cave ("A Caverna")
The Chandelier ("O Lustre")

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
According to evaluators your question is ambiguous.

Sorry, but that question SUCKS! The "Which is not" questions are horrible for the simple reason that you need to find (up to) four answers to answer one question. Not to mention, who the hell is José Saramago?

If it were up to me, I would turf 80% of the "which is not" style questions.
Dátum: 2010.10.17. 18:33:49
Idézet: Cruel01 - 2010.10.13. 15:29:18
Thank you for the attaboy

I probably won't submit as it is not worth betting that the "evaluator" will be reasonable. It is easier just to get half the points for declining to propose a question. Not to mention the anger for seeing your perfectly good question being rejected and having to answer to stupid, poorly written and sometimes wrong (!!!!) questions.

You just figured out the secret for enjoying the game.
Dátum: 2010.10.16. 23:47:38
Idézet: Kethios - 2010.10.16. 04:20:54
Good, then case solved.

It's a good thing we now have confidence in the Forum to deal with these processes, or Jon would have had to send an e-mail to info@ with the bug, the follow-up, and the self-resolution... Imagine how much Game Admin time and effort was just solved!!!
Dátum: 2010.10.16. 22:33:32
Idézet: Inv_ - 2010.10.16. 19:50:54
Idézet: Kethios - 2010.10.16. 17:24:58
About the question bug - until we can't reproduce and see how it appears, I don't think we'll be able to fix it. I'll try to find that bug.

it's quite easy. start 5+ hunts just to see there are no correct answers form a previous hunt session. if there are none, cancel the hunts and do 1 hunt only. most of the times you won't get a question.

That's not (necessarily) a bug, just how the game interprets questions. I could write for ages about how to calculate if you need to answer a question or not - but it's not worth the time. Just know that:
a) If you get a question right or wrong, that counts two for or against your questions - in the sequence the questions are asked
b) If you capture a Pet, that is NOT a "successful hunt", therefore, that answer gets carries forward.

If you do 10 hunts, and get the questions Right, Wrong, Right, Wrong, Right
Those 10 hunts will be credited as R, R, W, W, R, R, W, W, R, R

However, if you capture 3 pets from those 10 hunts, then the FIRST THREE hunts from your next batch will automatically be W, R, R. So if you start 5 hunts, you will only get one question.

Confusing as hell, but the game gets it right.
Dátum: 2010.10.16. 22:25:26
Idézet: petel87 - 2010.10.14. 23:10:26
I disagree with the auction house cycles reduction. The way it is now is fine, a relic is something special and we do not too many members with over 10 relics.

Look at the current items up in World 2... There is a Scrying Bonus (largely useless - really, you can't wait the 10 minutes?), 300 BOAS (Burnt Out Ancient Stones) - something that you can buy an "infinite" number of with money, and FOUR Stat-Boosters - which are not relics. This 5-day cycle is a joke. And even on "good" cycles, there are still only a maximum of 3 good relics, since there are always 3+ Stat Boosters.

But I have to wait almost a week to see this current pile of crap get washed away.

Not fun.

Beyond that, Ducats are a relatively fixed-cost commodity. You can really only get ~20 per week (7x "working", and a few Ring/Necklace/Crystal redemptions, maybe one or two thru SE spend)... So if 50% of the server is getting 15-20 per week, then nobody will ever be able to earn enough more than anyone else to lay claim to more than a realistic share of the loot. Also, the more quickly items go up, the quicker it will remove Ducats out of the system, which promotes more involvement & interest. But your claim that members will end up with dramatically more than their competition simply isn't logical. In fact, the MORE items you get out there, the BETTER the game play will balance.

Right now, it's just WAY too slow to see what the next items will be.
Dátum: 2010.10.14. 20:21:27
Amazing the turnaround in the attitudes of many of the primary users of the game, eh? As you can see, it really doesn't take that much to make us happy!

Let's keep it up!

Next suggestions:
1) Auction Hall cycles every 3 days instead of 5.
2) Sending a message can go to multiple people, whole (other) Clan or whole (own) Clan - instead of the current send, send, send, send, spam block, fist thru monitor system.
Dátum: 2010.10.14. 03:39:40
Idézet: MsPiggy - 2010.10.13. 16:57:41
A piece of additional info:

Being in both top10s doesn't give you two event rewards
However, being in 1 top10 and the winning horde does give you two rewards.

I'm a little sad, because I tried hard to stay in both top10s...

Yeah, that was a BIG miss on this event. Being in the Top 10 should have earned a far greater reward than the generic Zankwad medal that got given to every Emerald that participated even a meager amount.
Dátum: 2010.10.14. 01:07:50
Idézet: Kethios - 2010.10.13. 07:30:47
Here are the answers to your previous suggestions:

1. "Currently building: XY building" button in the clan side menu: Admins told me that they put this onto their To do list so it will be implemented.

2. "AP counter": Can be done easily, will be added to the To do list therefore implemented as soon as they'll have time.

3. Building from the soul well should not trigger the events panel: May be implemented.

Note that even if these modifications look like little changes, they take time to be coded so be patient.

Thanks Kethios - After MANY months of fighting, it appears that we have a quality system in place for getting this game updated & upgraded. One more REALLY important part to go (implementation) - but the path certainly seems solid.

Thanks too to those who have joined me in the fight to get our voices listened to!
Dátum: 2010.10.13. 04:29:13
Idézet: Arakan - 2010.10.12. 13:50:43
Need someone to help with acheive a draw in a duel 5 times.....World 2

Level? Horde (colour)?

Help us help you.
Dátum: 2010.10.10. 18:26:07
Idézet: Kethios - 2010.10.09. 09:37:27
Don't want to involve player attributes in formula calculation. It's a pain. Level and overall AS should count in the formula.

I agree... No point in making this more difficult than it needs to be.

Creature has 5.0M HP, regeneration of 1% daily?
Cage takes 2.5M SE, degradation of 1% daily?

If you do damage greater than 20k per level, you get a L3 "Dueling" item
If you do damage greater than 12k per level, you get a L2 "Dueling" item
If you do damage greater than 5k per level, you get a L1 "Dueling" item

If you build greater than 10k per level, you get a L3 "Building" item
If you build greater than 6k per level, you get a L2 "Building" item
If you build greater than 2.5k per level, you get a L1 "Building" item

Attacking takes DP, can attack as often as able with DP limits. There is no "retaliation hit" (Attack of 0), the creature has a High IQ (don't know if it's possible, but a variable rate of 20+5x the attacking players level?), and an Attack-Dropping spell (no spell damage).

Using Manaconstruction works, but only records 25% towards the build totals.

The back story is this giant creature projects fear into the minds of all players, sapping their will to attack. This is why it needs no attack ability itself. Players suffer a 20% Attack penalty, but gain a 10% Defense advantage (due to cowering in fear) if they have not attacked the creature in the last 12 actual (not server-reset) hours. The creature has value to keep alive to reduce morale and likelihood of rebellion in the slave-camps, therefore the cage is necessary to transport the creature safely. The warden of the slave camp has commissioned the manufacture of certain rewards for those Doomlords who reach certain thresholds regarding the attack and capture of this creature.

There - Event done.