Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - stekkos

Dátum: 2010.03.16. 19:53:35
I really hope the quiz administrators post their thoughts about it here, this whole discussion is good but i would like to hear the ones in charge after so many days of debate. I am sure they read the forum but its time they chip in to the dicussion
Dátum: 2010.03.16. 19:37:49
Thucydides, it was not such a bad word, the tone was the thing i tried to point out. Actually i should apologize also for not being clear
Dátum: 2010.03.16. 05:41:16
It does adress the problem, if frustration goes away then its going to be fun if they reject your question or not. Is not a matter who has their interests included or not, i love star trek but i cant get one question to pass. I find it annoying, i complained about it, finally they agreed that at least star trek movie ones can pass. Even if they did not i dont feel that i have to include my interests for it to be fair, i just go another way and post on science, geography, history, etc that are more likely to pass

Again let me stress out i agree with letting all but the silliest questions pass. And ofcourse there is nothing wrong with NHL, i have personally seen quite a few in the quiz, and i would be happy to answer any question about it even if it is totally unknown where i live. After all, i learn something about a new subject and i like that Just go a different way, ask about the game for example, not the teams. Ask about intresting, unique rules, about famous records, world championship results etc. Even about teams, ask general stuff like which team was top for last year, but dont ask which was top in 1912. I cant say if they will pass for sure, but they will have a much higher chance. That way we all learn about that sport without you getting the bad evaluation and ruining your fun
Dátum: 2010.03.16. 05:27:04
As far as they demonstrated up to now, they are interested. Do not misunderstand their lack of posts as not caring. They usually read and apply things without informing about it, especially when questions are involved. If a player is right, they correct it, I have seen many examples of questions at the quiz changing after posts from players without an admin saying: ""We will change that""

After all, good manners and language are not a matter of someone else. Its up to each of us to keep it civil. And as i said to Thucydides, that includes the time we are angry because they did something wrong, being right doesnt justify being rude. The most it can achieve is for the admins to focus on the bad language than on the problem at hand.
Dátum: 2010.03.16. 05:19:56
That doesnt excuse questions of this type, the dragonlord should be removed since it fals in the same category as the NFL questions. Even more that an NFL question since that is hands down far more known than Dragonlance
Dátum: 2010.03.15. 20:28:57
Idézet: Thucydides - 2010.03.15. 04:10:57
what game won video game of the year in 2009?

Assassin’s Creed II
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Left 4 Dead 2
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
According to evaluators the answer is an uninteresting lexical knowledge.

just what the hell does uninteresting lexical knowledge mean and who the hell are these evaluators to say it's uninteresting?...no where in the quiz rules did I find anything stating that a question has to be "interesting"

Re post the question, i feel if another evaluator gets it will pass, its certainly a very interesting quetion. Especially for a game site. Do not give up But watch the language, no need for that, even at your justified level of frustration
Dátum: 2010.03.15. 20:26:43
Or you just proved that Einstein is far more known to the world than the name of the team from NFL
Dátum: 2010.03.15. 19:39:44
I have been with this game almost from its start. I got really frustrated with the way they evaluated, stop posting questions for a while and i thought of quitting because the quiz was the reason i joined. Then i realised that you actually play a game the way it is made and enjoy it, or just stop since it is no fun. Games are for fun, if a game failes to deliver that TO ME PERSONALLY, then why am i still here? And i relised, even so i was enjoying this game. I adapted my questions to the way the evaluators think and i got 110 good, 14 bad (most bad were at first, when i got angry). I still posted suggestions, since that is a must if the game will evolve and be better. One of them being that the special group evaluation should be removed, similar to what a lot suggest now.

But since it is still there, getting angry about it doesnt solve anything. Keep posting suggestions, wrong qustions for correction, etc is constructive and it does help. A lot of questions running now in the quiz were corrected due to players reporting them, and many more removed as invalid after players pointed them out.

Bottom line:
The game has flaws and will keep having flaws like any other game
Suggestions are good, they help even if you thing they are ignored, admins do not inform of every detail they change especially about the quiz
Getting mad at a game you play voluntarily for fun is realy useless. If you like it as it is then play it and if it gets better great, if you cannot play it as it is but want to force it to change, even if you are 100% right, then what are you doing here?

So keep trying to improve but do not make this a debate site just for proving who is right. Its a game, enjoy it if you can, if you cannot stop playing
Dátum: 2010.03.15. 19:14:58
Idézet: Valkyrie - 2010.03.15. 12:42:42
If you go hunting and answer the quiz question correctly you get a bonus of …?
5,00%
10,00%
15,00%
12,50%

You get depending on quiz medals, and maybe some relics.. This Q should be reworded...

They probably let it through due to the level 1 players answering, they can only know the 10%
Dátum: 2010.03.15. 19:11:39
Please refer these quiz errors to the proper topic, ""Quiz errors""
Dátum: 2010.03.15. 19:09:51
Base level lets you know how powerfull your pet is, before you start leveling it. So if you have a pet base level 5 and actual level 20 and the next is base level 15 and actual level 10, then the second one will already have more HP, attack and absorption than the previous, even if the actual level is lower
Dátum: 2010.03.14. 19:15:03
The tolkien dragon question should have been removed.

You might not care but its as good a question as any. It is not very specific, the us senate is in the news of a lot more countries than just the us since they keep deciding on subjects that affect other nations (if that is right or wrong is irrelevant, please do not go into politics). Bottom line is good general knowledge about the US
Dátum: 2010.03.14. 19:08:51
Ok, i hope the evaluator sees this post since you have a point. Both questions were part of the database before you post them, and i mean months before. So the proper thing was to get the already in database evaluation.
Dátum: 2010.03.14. 19:06:27
Idézet: RajPL - 2010.03.13. 14:33:34
I find the Quiz very hard because the answers are mostly always from Europe.

Most of the players started in Europe so its natural these questions are more. But as a lot of players from the US log in game, the questions will start to get more variety.
Dátum: 2010.03.14. 19:02:33
At level 3 (or level 2 if you are emerald horde) you can buy spells. Those will use your spell points to cast during duels
Dátum: 2010.03.14. 11:19:19
First let me congratulate your idea for this topic, it was time to be removed from the quiz area

As for the questions you list, Hungarian currency is not a well known fact but a general knowledge question.
The Baldr one falls in the debate if mythology of one area of the world should be accepted or not. If Greek gods and Egyptian believes can be acepted then also that question is ok. So the fact is, you either reject the whole mythology category or you accept the fact that some mythologies are less known but still part of a cultures history, therefore accepted.

The thalassa one is not a valid question, even if i do speak Greek. That is an evaluation mistake as far as i am concerned, but does not justify other questions of similar specific knowledge. It should be removed.

As i explained to Vidriel, the general idea is to ask things that are considered worldwide knowledge, even if you do not know the answer, when you get it it adds something to your facts. Think of it like a quiz show on tv. At any part of the world, the currency of a country, the author of a book, chemistry, physics, geography, etc might pop up as a valid trivia. Those types are the ones that should pass here also. Not all that pass should, i grand you that, but is no excuse to add more.

And to finish with the NFL debate, asking how many teams play in NFL should be ok. You learn a nice fact about a game that is local to USA. But going in furhter like the one we discuss, does not add anything to a person outside US. even if Google can help or not. The internet helps find answers but should not define which are the good questions
Dátum: 2010.03.14. 11:00:25
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.03.14. 04:17:18
Ok, I can't ask the team name of an NFL or NHL team, which can be found in seconds thru ANY search engine... Yet you allow this:?

Which of these novels is not by Willa Cather?
Little House on the Prairie
O Pioneers!
The Song of the Lark
My Antonia

I really hope you could get over the angy mood and see reason. First of all, can you name all the team names of NFL, even if you are a US citizen? Even if you do, can you say the same for most of the people you know? How can you expect a specific question about a sport that it is LOCAL to one country, even as big as USA, be considered the same as asking something as general as an author of a book. If the question was about a character in the book then that would fal in the same category as your question. And as for googling, both questions can be found in seconds, but that is not the basis for a good question.
Dátum: 2010.03.14. 10:52:26
Idézet: Banned - 2010.03.14. 03:51:02
What country does not share a common borderline with Finland?
(I really need to start copying these...)

Russia
Norway
Sweden
Estonia <------ Listed as "Correct"

Ok...they are separeted by the Gulf of Finland.

Which, is a bordeline like any other body of water.
(the Rio Grande seperates Texas from Mexico)

So i guess your wish is to change the question to does not share land borders with finland, which would be more accurate
Dátum: 2010.03.14. 10:50:51
Idézet: aneksi - 2010.03.13. 22:42:23
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.03.13. 18:54:28
There are numerous ways of distinguishing the continents:

The seven-continent model is usually taught in China and most English-speaking countries. This is what you have in mind

The six-continent combined-America model is taught in Latin America, and most parts of Europe including Germany, Greece, Italy, Portugal and Spain.

So you cant be absolute about that, as long as the answers are not confusing (since either way the answer is America) there is no need to remove the question.

I agree with this but would like to add that more ppl see it as a 7 continent model then a 6 continent model. So the fact that there are multiple models should deem this question to be removed. Because only a specialized group off people would agree to the answer.

As i pointed out, although you are absolutely right, the problem would be a question of the type: "" how many continents are there?""
But the current question is not affected by this since the only possible answer is America, even if a player doesnt agree with that. Ofcourse as always is up to the admins, if they read these posts and decide it is deemed for removal, by all means, kick it out.
Dátum: 2010.03.14. 10:46:13
Idézet: Pastywhitedemon - 2010.03.14. 10:42:20
Which of the following is not a field position in cricket?

Gully
1st slip
Third man
Off side

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

I want to know this question is deemed to be any more obscure than questions relating to baseball/basketball and ice hockey? I know not everyone plays cricket but at least more than one country does. The other sport related question that get passed often refer to specific USA competetions so how exactly is anyone else meant to know those answers without Googling them.

My guess would be that asking about a specific position was the reason for rejection..... Cricket is a sport played in many countries and there are quite a few cricket questions in the quiz so i feel they didnt reject this just for the sport.