Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Phalanxii

Oldal: 1234567891011
Dátum: 2011.02.21. 01:00:29
If you buy the bronze and copper key of knowledge, do the effects stack? Does the one with the greatest effect take place?

The only reason I ask is because for some reason, answering 25 questions a day has become much harder to do and I've ended up with around 400 AP to spend. I was planning on getting the gold key of knowledge (level 110) but I couldn't resist the silver one. Is there any way that you can cash in one key to get the next (with a small added fee of 500-1000 SD)?
Dátum: 2011.02.13. 20:16:09
Idézet: LydonB - 2011.02.13. 15:40:16
Or remove the default radial button altogether - meaning that one must select an option before being able to build.

That seems like a good idea and I like it. Even though I've never fallen for that, it's an accident waiting to happen!
Dátum: 2011.02.12. 13:37:20
Player Ardent on world 2 is level 70 and has bought a spell of level 93 (23 levels higher). She no doubt has the huckster friend AAC, along with the golden necklace of trade from the map event, but That only enables a maximum of 220 trade. Yes, it is possible to buy the black market membership, but she does not have it (or at least it's not showing up on the character page). Also, I thought the black market membership would only take effect if you bought it before the huckster friend. She has recovered from the infection so could boost +5 over the maximum, but I can't think of any other way that a player can get +5 trade over the maximum (she has no special relics like the book of knowledge or anything similar).

I'd very much like to know!
Dátum: 2011.02.10. 23:45:41
If we don't beat the event this time, things need to change. To much of an imbalance of dueling/building of the xeno queens.

ImLittleJon, I think that is a good idea, one of a few that could be used to make the building easier.

To incentivize more players to build, completing the requirement for the reward (400 duels/1600 builds) should contribute to just half the reward. So if you get 200 duels and 0 builds, you get level 2 reward. 300 duels and 0 builds = level 2 reward. 300 duels and 800 builds = level 3 reward.

Also, killing the queen could half the cost of building/double the effectiveness for a duration of say 15 minutes. Then, it would have to regenerate higher than 10%. More like 25%.

There could also be stages, split up the fighting and the building so if you want to fight the monster, a certain amount of building must be completed first.
Dátum: 2011.02.10. 22:46:16
I thought the amount of build points you get depends on your build skill. At level 20 build skill, you get 20 build points, at level 40 build skill, you get 40 build points? Also, a sudden bursts of quests/some lucky duels or something could give a good boost...
Dátum: 2011.02.09. 13:35:06
Who made the first mechanical computer? (More pieces were built.)
John von Neumann
Wolfgang von Kempelen
Gotfried Wilhelm Leibniz
Blaise Pascal

It might just be me but I couldn't find this in 5 minutes. The first mechanical computer seems to be (unquestionably) the antikythera mechanism, possibly designed by Archimedes. I still don't understand what the 'more pieces were built' part means. It looks like the most likely answer is Gotfried Wilhelm Leibniz, but it took far too much effort to get there, and I can't say that with much evidence behind it.
Dátum: 2011.02.07. 18:30:58
Really?

65 | 33.3% | 3.16%

monster is easily beaten sure, but building? It is such a massive drain... for me a build costs 4372, so if I were to build 1600, that would be a cost of 175k. None of the rewards are worth that SE, not for me anyway. I think the other high level players feel the same, hence the 3.16% built.
55 | 5.59% | 19.21%

Easily beaten and will likely be imprisoned successfully. The builders probably won't help out much with the higher level since they will already have spent over 1600 builds and there is no real incentive to spend more. However, they will still help so the first 2 will probably fall.
45 | 19.62% | 27.12%

Easily beaten and will likely be imprisoned successfully. First three will probably fall.
35 | 61.85% | 15.29%

Will be beaten and could be imprisoned successfully, but will require help from other categories. First four might fall.
5 | 97.24% | 1.53%

By this point, everyone will have spent a heck of a lot on building but there will be a determination to win the event to get the rewards so there may be an even larger drain just to eradicate them. Can those that were in the 65 category help the level 5 category out? If it is limited to just the 15 and 25 category, there's no way they will beat and imprison this monster.
Dátum: 2011.02.06. 19:54:40
For me, the EH is exactly as it would be for a player. I attack xeno's 10-0 levels below my level (57-67) and I always get at least the expected 1368. It feels like the event was made for me; I struggle to use DP in battle, I like XP, I've never lost against them and I have EH!
Dátum: 2011.02.06. 00:18:12
Idézet: stekkos - 2011.02.04. 20:58:13
And i say it without a doubt: ANY player can go from punching bag to dominating.

I disagree. If player a gets to spectral manipulation 100 10 days before player b, player a has 10 days extra SE than player b. If both players then play a perfect game, player a will always have the upper hand. Of course, there is no such thing as a perfect game, you just have to play better in order to catch up. Yes, there are ways to play better but sometimes you just hit a limit. It is incredibly demoralizing when the gap between you and your opponent increases, perhaps Viridel is simply experiencing that and see's no way out.
Dátum: 2011.02.05. 23:50:38
Idézet: Miklos - 2011.02.05. 12:56:19
Someone asked about the top10 rewards.
Most victories: +5 to critical hit medal.
Most builds: medallion of doom (+1 building, -1 sec to hunting)
Most unconscious pets (actually a fun category): +1% SE for squeezing.

Woah... it's changed from +10 execution to +5 critical hit for most victories? That changes things, critical hit is actually useful to me. It would be helpful if you added the list of these rewards on the rewards page.

Also, I remember talk of changing the focus crystal to make it reusable for half a year. Is it currently a one time use only?
Dátum: 2011.02.05. 23:26:20
In the Second World War, which of the following beaches was not invaded by the Allied Forces?
Omaha beach
Club beach
Sword beach
Gold beach

This question is too broad, I'm sure there were lots of beaches that weren't invaded. Yes, it's easy to google Omaha/club/sword/gold beach invasion, but really it should be which of the following beaches were invaded by the allied forces in WW2.

Dr. Who's weapon of choice is the...?
Empowered Boxers
Sonic Screwdriver <- marked as correct
Sonic Pistol
Plasma Rifle

Maybe it's my location (in the UK) that causes a search of 'sonic screwdriver' to come up with 10 immediate associations with Dr. Who, but it's certainly not a weapon so should be more accurately described as a tool.
Dátum: 2011.02.03. 14:03:20
The admins may not be very talkative, only seemingly making an appearance when directly requested, perhaps due to the language barrier and difficulty of communication.

So, in order to make your voice heard, you need something solid, a poll, petition, ideas, suggestions, improvements.

Make it concise, relevant, to the point, direct, whatever. Make it clear what you want. Your long post contained a few relevant points but I can guarantee an admin will not want to read it all. It sounds more like a rant, and frustration never gets anyone anywhere.

Creating an end game is a massive task, requiring lots of new programming and a lot of restructuring the game itself. You should start with a poll and see how many people want an end game of some sort or another. If the results are a unanimous yes, follow it up with a second poll asking how long the game should last (triggered when first person reaches level 50? 100? 200?). If there is a clear winner, create a new poll and diverge into different types of end game (new clan building, a final battle with the enemy, etc) and continue doing so until you have a solid, presentable idea that has lots of weight behind it.

What you are suggesting goes against a core idea behind the game (never ending) so I would expect it to fall at the first hurdle, but you can always try. I think there is a speed server on the Hungarian servers which ends, hitting certain objectives (eg. first clan to 50 epics or something), so you could simply request we get that on the international servers (and suggest a few adjustments if you wish).

Either way, if you want peoples opinions on an end game, I think a new topic in the suggestions part of the forum should be made. Here, the opinions will be even more well hidden.
Dátum: 2011.02.02. 13:53:30
Before Titanic was released, what was the highest grossing movie in the United States?
Independence Day
Jurassic Park
Jaws
Star Wars

Already complained about this one, 16 pages ago!
Dátum: 2011.01.31. 16:26:00
What is the SI prefix for one-billionth of a unit?
micro
pico
giga
nano

Whilst nano seems the more obvious answer, pico can be a billionth when using the long scale system.

EDIT:
What kind of animal is gnu?
fish
reptile
antelope
bird

Whilst the question is correct, there's no consistency, they should all be at the same level of classification (so antelope should be mammal).
Dátum: 2011.01.24. 17:38:41
Which is the strongest human muscle?
Biceps
Tongue <--
Quadriceps
Triceps

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061004125023AAWU1D6 sums it up for me and from that, the tongue was the least likely to be right.
Dátum: 2011.01.21. 22:40:15
I'm just waiting until I get the relic before I get the AAC just to be safe. That's what it says on the definition so that's what I'll go with.
Dátum: 2011.01.21. 22:33:10
In the poker game "Texas Hold'em", what are the 2 cards called that are dealt face down to every player?
Pocket Rockets
Hole Cards
Down Cards
Pocket Cards

I've seen it referred to as both pocket and rocket cards.

"Even old New York was once New Amsterdam" is a lyric from what They Might be Giants song?
According to wikipedia, the single reach #61 on UK charts in 1990. That's neither popular or recent and yes it's googleable, but otherwise the answer isn't obvious so I personally think it's a bad question.
Dátum: 2011.01.17. 22:48:43
There should be an item that has the same effect as a space rift potion but instead of EH and DA, it swaps your horde hatred orientation.

It could be a relic, a potion, event reward, whatever.

Also, how about crystal horde hatred? Not sure I personally would go for this one but it could be an idea...
Dátum: 2011.01.16. 16:29:15
Does the chance of getting a specific epic drop depend on the quality of the item?
When first battling epics, we had 4 gem of sherans and 1 ring of bufa. Then we had 4 collar of quests with just 1 red crystal in the next band... Anyone else had a similar trend?
Dátum: 2011.01.15. 23:22:22
Really? I just got overbid in the treasury and there was no notification (the reason I found out was because I checked the treasury).

Can't really speak for the auction house, I've only bid on one item and I don't think I was overbid.
Oldal: 1234567891011