Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Sbart

Dátum: 2011.10.05. 16:48:29
The problem with the quest is that it is one of those instances in the game where one thing is called different things in different places - even though they talk about the same thing.

It is called Stun in the Quest and in the Combat log, but Paralysation on equipment and in your Buff summary.

Magical Regeneration is another one. The skill is called Magical regeneration, but under your HP/SP it tracks when you can use magical healing.

And I am sure there are a few more (Quests and Missions are used interchangeable in a few places for example).
Dátum: 2011.10.03. 13:08:11
Idézet: Artimis - 2011.10.03. 12:54:34
I just got to level 15 and it says you can buy boots for 1500 soul diamond. what is that?

Soul-diamonds are a reward from Adventures, something you can start doing at level 40. For more info see http://doomlord.wikidot.com/adventure.

No idea why the boots are available from level 15, maybe it has something to do with the Landragor event?
Dátum: 2011.09.28. 11:38:56
Idézet: Cruel01 - 2011.09.27. 21:59:01

As per eukar's comments, all events are repeatable to give everyone a chance to get the same items/benefits. You will have the chance to play in the next Huckster event and get the rewards you missed in the first time. This is true for all items, except for the Orb of Duel, which was given for free to some people and will NEVER be given again.

Cruel.

Except that events are not repeatable, and cannot be. If they were the game would become "static", since it would be just repetition of previous events (with the flaws found in them). Events have to evolve all the time, both in the story behind them and how they work (unless someone finds the magic formula that makes everyone happy with how the event plays out).

The big problem is Permanent Relics in an open-ended game. This is becoming a big problem in Doomlord, since people who were around and participated in Events become stronger than people who weren't (or didn't).
One way to solve this is the time-limited Relics (like the Auction ticket from Landragor and the rewards from the Xeno-war Event).
Another solution is to have different Events, but let the rewards be the same. But then the reward has to be actually the same item, and if the list of rewards is expanded it should be expanded for all Events giving the same Reward (not like how the Huckster war gives more different rewards than The Map Event).

tl;dr
Events are important for the game, but the Rewards from them needs to be planned long in advance so they don't imbalance the game.
Dátum: 2011.09.27. 09:48:30
With the Acceleration option "Comfort functions" enabled you can choose to stop Hunting when you have 10 Adventures. However, the AA ability "Long-term memory" enables you to have more than 10 Adventures at the same time. Now, the game looks like it works correctly, i.e. when you have the AA ability you stop Hunting when you have the maximum number of Adventures (and not 10), but the text is still the same.

Suggestion:
Change "Stop hunting if you have 10 adventures." to "Stop hunting when you have the maximum number of Adventures." in the Hunt menu when you have the Comfort functions enabled.
Dátum: 2011.09.27. 08:23:03
Idézet: MacSka - 2011.09.27. 06:49:15
Why Zarknod medal? This event was Landragor. Hungarian sever this was an other medal.

I have no idea what the reward was on the Hungarian servers in the original event (or this one), but from the text in the end of the event it is perfectly clear why it is "Zarknod medals" and not "Landragor medals". Why would the guy we just imprisoned give us medals?
Dátum: 2011.09.24. 14:22:31
Idézet: Cruel01 - 2011.09.24. 13:27:52
Excellent event!
Great rewards!!

A couple of comments though.

1 - The Orb of Duel issue, which was extensively discussed here, was not resolved. The event ended and some people have both the Orb and the Locket without ever purchasing any of them with AS. And the people who didn't get the Orb at Zarknod have been left with a huge disadvantage.
2 - I personally don't like the structure of this event. I believe there should be a goal and a chance to lose (like with the Xenos). It makes it more interesting.

Cruel.

In the Zarknod Event, which was very similar, there was a goal. Instead of a fixed time, there was a fixed number of SE that had to be used for the event to end (Zarknod set free from his prison). This was very bad, since the amount of SE was very high, and you had no idea of when the event would end.
Dátum: 2011.09.22. 08:09:05
Idézet: Furlozza - 2011.09.22. 06:12:29
With regard to the top 10 finish in kills or charged SE, Will some folks get two rewards for being in both categories, or just one... and if the latter will those just outside the top 10 be beneficiaries? Or how will it work?

I can't say for sure, but after the Zarknod event people who were in the top 10 of both categories still only got 1 reward. The only way after that event to get two rewwards was to be in the Top Horde and be in one of two top 10.
Dátum: 2011.09.21. 17:46:03
Idézet: Miklos - 2011.09.21. 16:34:02
Don't be mistaken, deadstar. No one got orb of duel for free on the doomlord.net worlds, ever. That there was once a Hungarian-language server where people could get it is quite irrelevant, I think.

I think that is wrong. According to some old posts on our Clan forum we actually got the Orb of Duel during the Zarknod´s Awakening event, phase 3.

This is what I posted on our clan forum during the event:
"10.03.2010 12:22:26
Phase 3 have started; New Relic:
Orb of Duel: You can start one more duel in a row without getting a penalty."
Dátum: 2011.09.20. 20:08:12
Idézet: dark22 - 2011.09.20. 19:35:38
Orb of duel was never part of Zarknod event, round 1 was transcendal focus,round 2 was magic absorber and round 3 was locket.
Those 3 items are/were available at this event among the 3 new ones ( auction ticket, the book and the epic chest).
All together there should be 6 possible items and orb of duel is not among them.

I just checked some old Zarknod info, and according to that info the third Relic during that event was the Orb of duel.

I think the Locket of the Tireless was from something else, but I can´t remember what (buying Ancient stones at some specific point?).
Dátum: 2011.09.17. 09:30:25
Idézet: Nico75 - 2011.09.17. 08:45:13
The quest meet a dragon!Where can i find it?

Legend nr 19 (level 20).

http://doomlord.wikidot.com/quests
Dátum: 2011.09.14. 10:50:11
I think Bartessica Slam is asking if he needs to do anything with the "half-year tome of wisdom" Relic from the event, since he doesn't see any effect from it.

To try to answer the question: No, you don't have to do anything with it. As with most "bonus SE from hunting"-effect (Horn of Power, Tower of power etc), you don't actually see the extra SE separately from the rest, and just have to trust the programmers that it is actually there.
Dátum: 2011.09.06. 11:45:44
Idézet: Nico75 - 2011.09.06. 10:53:34
im stuck on the Execute an opponent! How to finnish this quest

You finish this quest by reducing an opponents HP to less than your Execution skillx5 and having the Execute skill (requires Learning 15).

Execution
"If your opponent has less hit points at the end of the duel than (executionlevel)∗5, you win the battle regardless of the damage dealt. If both players have the execution skill, the winner is the one with the higher skill level."
Dátum: 2011.09.05. 15:16:41
Idézet: Madaa - 2011.09.05. 12:33:33
heya!I GOT A PROBLEM ON MY SKILLS PAGE:MY LEARNING SKILL DOESN'T HAVE IT'S BUTTON NO MORE,SO I CAN'T UPGRADE IT!PLS HELP.

Are you in a Clan with an Academy? Otherwise the maximum of Learning is 30 (+2 per level of the Academy building your clan has built).
Dátum: 2011.08.29. 15:09:50
I'm mostly guessing here but...

The amount of SE you get from a battle against the Dracon is modified by Spectral manipulation.
At the end of the Event you get an amount of SE to increase stats according to something like:
(Amount of AP spent)*(Hunt efficiency*)-(Amount of SE you *could* have gained from the Dracon battles)

The important part here is "could gain", i.e. instead of wasting a lot of space saving how much SE you gained the game just does a simple calculation in the end (# battles*(some factor)*Spectral man.). And this is probably the same if you did use SM or not during the battles, so if you didn't you loose out on that SE.
I hope that makes any sense (and is somewhat correct).

* Hunt efficiency is probably a factor of your Mind-boosted SM, Trapping, and Soul-energy squeezing
Dátum: 2011.08.25. 15:14:39
I agree that the lack of information is bad, but taken from the first post:
"There will be top lists for most dracons killed and most SE channeled and there will be reward for the top 10 of these categories."

So we did know that there would be top 10 lists, just not what the Reward will be.
Dátum: 2011.08.25. 14:06:55
In the page on the Landragor Event there are tables fro most Battles won and highest effective charge.

1. The headers for both these tables are in Hungarian - please change them to English (at least on World 2)
2. What are the rewards for being in one (or both?) of these two top 10 lists at the end of the event?
Dátum: 2011.08.14. 06:37:55
What is the oldest continuously inhabited city in the world?
Lamphun
Cadiz
Damascus
Delhi

The question has two problems:
1. The cities that are considered for the title does not generally have written record for their entire "life". As such it is sometimes not entirely sure that they were not abandoned at some point.
2. People disagree on when cities were actually "settled" (we are talking about things that happened 3000-8000 (?) BC)

I would suggest removing the question for ambiguity.

Sources for more information
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/ What_is_the_oldest_continuously_inhabited_city_in_the_world (and included links)
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-the-oldest-cities-in-the-world.htm.
Dátum: 2011.07.30. 21:25:22
Idézet: Cruel01 - 2011.07.30. 19:53:49
Thank you Sbart, but I don't think this is it.
I believe you are referring to Backlash.

Cruel

Spell 83 (Cosmic Vacuum):
Type: spell
Level: 83
Damage: 100-235
Drain soul: 5%
Backlash: 25%
SP cost: 235

Where is the Feedback? Or are you talking about another spell?
Dátum: 2011.07.30. 19:22:45
Idézet: Cruel01 - 2011.07.30. 15:31:40
Spell 83 has Feedback 25%.
What is this?

Cruel.

Feedback means that the opponent does damage to himself if he does damage to you (with physical attacks, not with a spell).
Example: You opponent hit you for 100 Damage. Feedback 25% would then do 25 Damage to him.

Personally I don´t think Feedback is that good, since it requires your opponent to actually hit you.
Dátum: 2011.07.26. 08:16:06
Idézet: Cruel01 - 2011.07.26. 04:11:24

Even considering the clan buildings, I would still be at 80% considering the given formula (X=Att+Lvl-Def+50%). And with 80%, missing 5 out of 6 is almost impossible (0.15%). Missing 6 out of 6 as you suggest occurs 0.01% of the times.

But still possible, which is why you cannot judge the validity of the formula with such a small statistical sample. I understand that it sucks, but it doesn't mean that the formula is wrong.

Soul Drain favors Rubies. But you only drain when you hit and developing defense is easier than developing attack because armor and shield grant huge bonuses to defense. I think it is the opposite of what you said. Ruby has an advantage in the beginning. But as soon as spells become out of control, Emerald rules.

Doesn't Ruby clan hit more often also (I know this is almost impossible to determine, but that is what the description says)? Combined with more damage and the fact that a Ruby Doomlord probably have better Attack, you should get higher yields from Soul Drain.
But I do agree that the spell does get a bit out of control. Looking at how I do damage myself, it looks like the developers would want us to actually do quite a lot of damage to each other with every duel - Emerald by spell and others by attacks. But since people develop Con very little and all other abilities more, this doesn't happen and the spell gets "out of control". No idea of what to do about it really.