Topic neve: Quiz errors
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
961 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Quiz errors
3161. hozzászólás - 2011.08.11. 19:17:17
who is project "vida fox" named after?

um, no clue what this is and can't google it.
Pontszám: 5
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
961 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3162. hozzászólás - 2011.08.11. 21:18:09
"How long is the Guinness world record nori maki sushi roll?"

no date. uncertain if answer marked as correct is actually correct, as i find other answers as well. for example:

http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Sushi#Guinness_World_Records
http://www.worldbreakingrecord.com/2010/09/sushi-roll-worlds-longest- california.html
popularFriendlyCheese
Végzetúr poronty
239 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3163. hozzászólás - 2011.08.12. 09:21:16
Which one of these is a font?
German
Vernanda
Arial
Typo

verdanda is the only one that is NOT a font!!

Who burned Rome?
Julius Caesar
Nero
Caligula
Augustus

None of them did! No evidence exists to say Nero did anything other than return to Rome to help organise the city to stop the fire.

What's the animal for 2010 in the Chinese calendar?
Dog
Tiger
Monkey
Pig

The Chinese year began on 14 February 2010. Therefore there were 2 animals during 2010. The Ox was the animal for January and half of February.
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3164. hozzászólás - 2011.08.12. 12:26:33 (Válasz etinixa #3158 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: etinixa - 2011.08.11. 05:19:10
Who or what is He-Man?

A thin membrane found only in women????

I believe online games which are accessible to all ages should not contain such a question.

So, you want to say that hymen is something dirty, filthy, obscene and shoud be hidden from children?
Inter urinas et faeces homo nascitur
very populareukar
Végzetúr poronty
104 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3165. hozzászólás - 2011.08.13. 21:24:12
Who invented the battery?
Thomas Edison
Alessandro Volta
John Wilkinson
James Hargreaves

The answer is easily googled, but I have two small objections.

1) Battery of what? It should be specified that electrical battery is meant.
2) There are evidences from the archaeological findings that ancient people might have used deviced based on the same principle (but maybe for some other purpose). Such an answer is not given, so ok as it is, but to be correct, maybe the question should ask about "first documented inventor"?
very populareukar
Végzetúr poronty
104 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3166. hozzászólás - 2011.08.13. 21:57:40
Who is Slavic supreme god?
Svarog
Morana
Perun
Triglav

Well... Perun is Slavic traditions is close to Greek Zeus, that's correct. But I would not call hin "supreme". He is one of the supremes, as I remember from the school lessons. Rapid search did not bring easy evidence that he is more supreme than Svarog, or Makosh' (and she is not even mentioned). Maybe someone more experienced will comment?
much likedSbartFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
879 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3167. hozzászólás - 2011.08.14. 06:37:55
What is the oldest continuously inhabited city in the world?
Lamphun
Cadiz
Damascus
Delhi

The question has two problems:
1. The cities that are considered for the title does not generally have written record for their entire "life". As such it is sometimes not entirely sure that they were not abandoned at some point.
2. People disagree on when cities were actually "settled" (we are talking about things that happened 3000-8000 (?) BC)

I would suggest removing the question for ambiguity.

Sources for more information
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/ What_is_the_oldest_continuously_inhabited_city_in_the_world (and included links)
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-the-oldest-cities-in-the-world.htm.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3168. hozzászólás - 2011.08.15. 11:57:42
I am on vacation so no time to look at the posts. Rest assured I will see all of them as soon as I get home this week. Keep posting
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3169. hozzászólás - 2011.08.17. 20:02:43
Which of the following is NOT text containing writings of a major religion?
The Bible
The Tripitaka
The Kamasutra <- marked as correct
The Koran

The Kama Sutra is an Indian Hindu text, and it does contain religious writings (Hinduism), and is in itself by some regarded as a religious text, and since Hinduism is one of the major religions I'd say this question is at the best ambigious, or simply wrong.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3170. hozzászólás - 2011.08.18. 08:43:25
wikipedia: The Silmarillion is a collection of J. R. R. Tolkien's mythopoeic works, edited and published posthumously by his son Christopher Tolkien in 1977. So the answer is ok, he was responcible for publishing it, regardless of which publishing agency he used.

SG1 grammar fixed

New wonders q is ok. The link you provided has the same ones under The "New" Seven Wonders of the World. The fact these were from a poll online and not by an official worldwide agency does not negate the list.

Color/flavor q cannot be found in the database. Did you post it exactly as it is written?

Robert q now reads: What is the name of the singer Robert Cummings?

European Parliament q has been fixed already by someone else. Strasburg is no longer an answer

Removed Witches and Jews is now the correct answer

Santa Claus q is ok, at least at a first check i find that the US version created in 19th century ended up influencing all other versions worldwide

Is true Yiddish is the Ashkenazi Jews language but looking up some references it seems it is used widely by many Jewish communities worldwide, including Orthodox Jews. And i have also seen it linked to general jewish language in many books and films.

Cannot find vida fox in database, probaply already deleted. Nori Maki and font questions also not found

Nero q deleted

Chinese calendar: Regardless when other calendars started, the 2010 for chinese calendar started at 14/2 so previous days do not count towards the sign. Furthermore, Ox is not an option so no reason to change it

Battery q: When we say THE battery, general understanding is the electrical battery. Also any ancient references to similar devices have so little grounds for now that no change in wording is needed

Slavic god: I will also like someone more expirienced to help here

Oldest City: Changed it to Which is most commonly accepted as the oldest continuously inhabited city in the world?

Kamasutra q: Correct answer is now The book of Mormon
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
961 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3171. hozzászólás - 2011.08.18. 17:53:14
Stekkos, are you suggesting Mormons are not a "major" religion? what counts as major?
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3172. hozzászólás - 2011.08.18. 19:10:18 (Válasz manunkind #3171 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: manunkind - 2011.08.18. 17:53:14
Stekkos, are you suggesting Mormons are not a "major" religion? what counts as major?
I think that's a matter of definition, so maybe the correct answer should be "The Iliad"

Another one that is not really correct:
How could you recognize a pirate ship should you happen to see one?
By it's flag - it has a skull on it <- marked as correct
By it's cannon - it's made of gold or silver robbed from other ships
By it's mast - it's higher than on other ships
By it's captain - he always has a parrot, eye-patch and a hook

The "pirates flag" is called the "Jolly Roger"
Popular culture at work here, today several naval units have used the Jolly Roger and don't expect the modern day pirate ships to bear it, it would make it far to easy for the intended victims to take preventive action.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3173. hozzászólás - 2011.08.19. 10:30:17 (Válasz manunkind #3171 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: manunkind - 2011.08.18. 17:53:14

Major religions are the basic religious groups from where all other religions/sects have been formed. By members Catholics and Orthodox are large religions but are both part of Christianity which is the base religious group or major religion. Mormons are part of Christian religion.
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
961 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3174. hozzászólás - 2011.08.19. 16:10:48
rather than the ambiguity of 'major' religion, i prefer MartinBV's suggestion of something like The Iliad. i don't imagine Mormons would want to be thought of as 'minor' any more than Christians want to be thought of as just a popular sect of Judaism.
A hozzászólást manunkind módosította 2011.08.19. 16:12:24-kor
Pontszám: 7
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3175. hozzászólás - 2011.08.20. 07:38:19 (Válasz manunkind #3174 hozzászólására.)
As explained, the number of members have no impact on the term major. As far as the term is used, no religion is considered minor. But even mormons will agree that their religion is derived from the major group of Christianity.
popularFriendlyCheese
Végzetúr poronty
239 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3176. hozzászólás - 2011.08.22. 11:32:04
What president was shot while walking to California Governor Jerry Brown's office?

Answer given as Gerald ford but the question is wrong as he was not shot but only shot AT. The bullet did not hit him so he was not actually shot.
popularFriendlyCheese
Végzetúr poronty
239 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3177. hozzászólás - 2011.08.23. 16:52:45
Which country's flag is called - "Union Jack"?
Canada
Australia
Great Britain
The USA

I'm sure this has been here before. The flag of Great Britain is called the 'Union Flag' NOT the 'Union Jack'. It only takes that name when flown at sea where all flags become 'Jack'.
popularFriendlyCheese
Végzetúr poronty
239 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3178. hozzászólás - 2011.08.23. 16:54:25
What is a "Dream Team"??
English basketball team
American basketball team
Croatian basketball team
Turkish basketball team

The question needs an overhaul. "What Olympic team was once called the Dream Team?" perhaps. Anyone could dream about a team and it becomes a dream team!
Pontszám: 7.50
popularFriendlyCheese
Végzetúr poronty
239 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3179. hozzászólás - 2011.08.23. 16:55:06
Where did an earthqueak happen on tuesday, January 12, 2010?
Haiti
Japan
Vietnam
United States of America

Spelling: earthquake; Tuesday
popularFriendlyCheese
Végzetúr poronty
239 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3180. hozzászólás - 2011.08.24. 09:58:20
Which color's the spell point gauge?
Red
Blue
Green
Yellow

I don't understand this question! Perhaps because I am colourblind. Someone explain please?
Dobókocka - a sokoldalú kiegészítőAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!