Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - ChaoticGemini

Dátum: 2010.08.05. 02:25:15
Your mindboost needs at least 2 points before it will work.
Dátum: 2010.08.01. 16:18:21
As written, it is wrong. Magellan died in the Philippines. His team made it around, but he did not. Also, you asked the first person, not first expedition. I believe the first person was a Canadian with the last name of Slocum. Feel free to Google it.
Dátum: 2010.07.30. 15:05:13
I also believe you are trying to ask about
The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett

Plus, see the Sticky topic "Quiz evaluation rules and updates" about "who wrote" questions
Dátum: 2010.07.28. 03:03:30
There isn't one we can look into; only the admins can do that. I just know I have seen that question come up written at least 3 different ways and have rejected it as in the database more times than I can count.
Dátum: 2010.07.26. 09:31:46
Idézet: wakhere - 2010.07.25. 09:03:55
what Answer does "Deep Thought" In the Hitchhikers Guide to the Universe give to the Ultimate question of "Life, the Universe and Everything" ?

Enlightened fulfillment'
Walk the Path of Righteousness
One thousand Years Of Tranquility
Forty Two

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
Spelling mistakes in question or answers.

I have put every word i have used through the dictionary checker and they all pass....

I would come up with a new question. That one is in the database 3 times already.
Dátum: 2010.07.19. 22:51:30
Idézet: manunkind - 2010.07.19. 22:20:09
any idea what in this question is ambiguous or wrong? Genesis has TWO creation stories (the 7 days of creation and adam & eve). these strories have a different sequence of events.

According to The Bible's Book of Genesis, what was the order of events in creation?

plants, animals, then man.
man, plants, then animals.
light, earth, then life.
all of the above. [correct]

Yes, it's on Stekkos' thread http://forum.doomlord.net/index.php/topic,77.220#hsz229
Dátum: 2010.07.19. 22:45:15
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.07.19. 20:32:25
Idézet: FLO2 - 2010.07.19. 03:28:41
What breed of dog might you see riding on the Budweiser Wagon, as it's pulled by a team of Clydesdales?

German shepherd
St. Bernard
Chihuahua
Dalmatian

According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer

Evaluators must lead a sheltered life

Either that, or you drink too much beer. That's a horrible question!

Proof we can't please everyone.
Dátum: 2010.07.17. 05:04:52
Idézet: Maintzunun - 2010.07.17. 04:07:13
Red Colobus monkeys of Zanzibar regularly eat what unusual item?

Charcoal (right answer)
Aluminium
Dirt
Plastic

Seems that it's no harder than any of the other 'animal' related questions i may have answered, for example :
Gelada monkeys live in only one place in the world. Where is this?
Cheetah paws have a unique distinguishing feature from other cats. What is it?
What way (unique amongst cats) do jaguars kill their prey?

The Red Colobus eat Charcoal to help them be able to digest harmful toxins found in such foods as Indian Almonds and Mango Leaves. A similar incidence is done by human medical practioners around the world. If a human has swallowed a poisonous or toxic substance, the person may be given activated charcoal after their stomach is pumped. The charcoal absorbs any drugs or poisons that may still be in the stomach.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zanzibar_Red_Colobus
It has also been found eating bark, dead wood, and soil.
Charcoal and Dirt are correct. Interesting question, though, so please remove dirt and resubmit.
Dátum: 2010.07.15. 02:20:39
Idézet: MartinBV - 2010.07.14. 17:26:16
What brightly colored amphibians secrete toxins from glands behind their heads?
Fugu Fish
Frill-necked Lizard
Fire-bellied Toad <- marked as correct, and the only amphibian among them.
Fiddler Crab

Based on the answers this question is really which is an amphibian, as only one of the 4 answers is an amphibian. And the answer to the question is, most brightly coloured frogs and toads do. In fact they don't have to be brightly coloured to do so.

Sadly, that question is part of my dumbed-down series of questions and as easy at it is, currently, only 52% have gotten it correct. The description does fit the correct answer though, so I fail to see how this is an error.
Dátum: 2010.07.12. 17:02:54
Idézet: Maintzunun - 2010.07.12. 05:57:23
Why do tigers leave scratch marks on tree trunks ?

To mark their territory (correct answer)
To attract prey
To strengthen their limbs
All of the above

Yes, the problem is the all of the above answer.
I sent the exact same question back 4 to 5 times in the last week and it was continually resubmitted exactly the same. Sorry if it was not just you submitting the question, but I got tired of "second" chances over the same question, so I just marked it as bad.
Dátum: 2010.07.12. 05:00:16
Idézet: MartinBV - 2010.07.11. 17:34:52

Heinz claims to have how many "varieties"?

At the minimum this one needs a date. To be honest I never saw that quote on a Heinz bottle..... is that only because I don't eat Heinz ketchup.

I have no idea what country you're in, but I have even seen the large, black roman number on the bottle in Asia.
Dátum: 2010.07.11. 12:29:07
Idézet: agmnthane - 2010.07.11. 09:21:25
What is the maximum size of custom pictures for premium members?

100KB and 120x200 pixels in JPG format
Dátum: 2010.07.10. 02:47:36
My understanding: god & mortal had a kid = 1/2 god. That demi-god had a Gilgamesh with a god. That would equal 3/4.
Dátum: 2010.07.10. 02:39:39
Which of these is a vehicle?
a Tiger <--
a Culverin
a Serpentine
a Big Bertha

It is vague what the question is asking, so more than one could be correct.

Where was Jesus crucified?
Egypt
Jerusalem <---
Nazareth
Rome

Technically, none of the above. It is believed it was on a hill outside of Jerusalem

In modern Māori usage, the name for New Zealand is Aotearoa. What does it mean?
Home of 100.000 sheep
Land of the long white cloud <--
Rocky Heavens
Endless waters

I know google is not always the most accurate, but it says, "The original derivation of Aotearoa is not known for certain. The word can be broken up as: ao = cloud, tea = white and roa = long, and it is therefore usually glossed as "the land of the long white cloud". In some traditional stories, Aotearoa was the name of the canoe of the explorer Kupe, and he named the land after it. Kupe's wife (in some versions, his daughter) was watching the horizon and called "He ao! He ao!" ("a cloud! a cloud!"). Other versions say the canoe was guided by a long white cloud in the course of the day and by a long bright cloud at night. On arrival, the sign of land to Kupe’s crew was the long cloud hanging over it. The cloud caught Kupe’s attention and he said “Surely is a point of land”. Because of the cloud which greeted them, Kupe named the land Aotearoa.[2] Aotearoa can also be broken up as: aotea-roa. Aotea is the name of one of the Māori migration canoes. The first land sighted was accordingly named Aotea (Cloud), now Great Barrier Island. When a much larger landmass was found beyond Aotea, it was called Aotea-roa (Long Aotea).[3]"

What food type does Kellogs produce?
Meat
Vegetables
Cereal <--
Soup

The company name is actually "Kellogg" and they make a lot more than just cereal

What Is the highest grossing film of all time?
Gone with the wind
Titanic
The Dark Knight

no date

What's a second full moon in a month called ?

listed as correct: Blue Moon
The suggestion that the second full moon in a month is called a "blue moon" comes from an error made in "Sky and Telescope" magazine in 1946, and repeated several times in print and on radio until it people believed it was true.

Illusionist David Blaine held his breath for a world record for how long?
17 minutes 4 seconds <---
17 minutes 15 seconds
17 minutes 10 seconds
17 minutes 20 seconds

Very trivial times and he only held the record for 3 or 4 months.
Dátum: 2010.07.07. 03:07:17
Sometimes I dread looking at what the latest problem is with the quiz threads, but something about this post makes every visit here worthwhile. It just makes me smile.

Idézet: MartinBV - 2010.07.06. 14:47:42

What is the most reproduced tree by man?
pine
maple
walnut
oak

Reproduced? When man reproduces a tree, he makes an image or a replication of a tree. Who knows what tree kids reproduce in their drawings and paintings. I simply do not believe there is any statistical material available to answer that question. If we are talking the most commonly cultivated tree, I have been unable to find any statistics to support the claim that pine is the correct answer.
Dátum: 2010.07.07. 03:00:47
Idézet: wako - 2010.07.06. 21:19:53
I just bought an item 2 lvls higher than mine, which was my quest, I did not complete the quest. Why not?

Did you accept the quest before purchase?
Dátum: 2010.07.05. 17:03:15
I think it is very playable without them. You just have to play a little smarter and ideally find yourself a good clan.
Dátum: 2010.07.02. 15:23:55
Idézet: FLO2 - 2010.07.02. 03:01:25
What was the world's highest man-made structure for 4,000 years before being passed by The Central Tower of Lincoln Catherdral?

Cathedral
Dátum: 2010.07.01. 23:38:05
Idézet: Ferociter - 2010.07.01. 22:44:47
Is there any info on what level you need to have in pet training to capture multiple pets? Is that even the correct skill?

Is there a skill tree I can check out anywhere? I feel I am playing blind at the moment.

On the forum here: http://forum.doomlord.net/index.php/topic,26.0
or
This website: http://web.me.com/loquacious_4ever/Tina/quests.html
Dátum: 2010.07.01. 23:30:59
Idézet: Ferociter - 2010.07.01. 19:04:11

How many provinces are there in the country of Ireland?

Answers need to be spaced apart so that an educated guess can be made.

Idézet: Ferociter - 2010.07.01. 20:12:07
Put in another question, which has now also been rejected. I find it very hard to believe that this question is already in the database. Perhaps there is a similar question, but not the exact same.

Which of the following animals is the fastest at running?

Zebra
Giraffe
Coyote
Jackal

This question is already part of the database.

This exact question may not be, but there are plenty of "fastest" animal questions and to know the minute differences between animals so far down the fastest animal list becomes lexical knowledge.