Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - ImLittleJon

Dátum: 2010.11.04. 17:53:59
I am officially calling out MsPiggy as a cheater. I did a suicide run and deliberately stopped just short of leveling up. I sat there for about half an hour, and I still had an hour left on my low HP when I went over. MsPiggy attacked me within 10 seconds. Even using her crystal orb, she had no legitimate way to know when I was going to choose to level up.
Dátum: 2010.11.03. 00:34:07
Idézet: borecdan - 2010.11.02. 23:58:12
So the relic level I get after my 15th entity will be counted from the level of the LAST entity killed? Therefore its best to choose +3lvls next entity isnt it?

What you want is for the level of your 15th entity to be evenly divisible by 10. Killing a level 79 entity doesn't get you any better relics than killing a level 70 one. So one theory would be to choose +1 for each of the first 11 and then +3 for the last 3. If my math is right, that ends up with you killing a level 70 entity for #15. The math will be slightly different for #30, since #1 was level 50, but #16 will be level 71 at least. In any case, do the math yourself; don't trust mine, since I might have made a mistake somewhere.
Dátum: 2010.11.02. 23:01:02
Can we get one of those "are you sure" popups protecting the button that buys ducats for SE? I just accidentally tapped the touchpad when my mouse happened to be over that button, and I didn't really want to spend my SE that way.
Dátum: 2010.11.02. 21:37:49
How do you calculate the area of a Sphere?
3.14 x Radius squared
4 x 3.14 x Radius
Height x Width x Length
4 x 3.14 x Radius squared

There is no such thing as the area of a sphere. What is meant is the surface area.

What is the largest island on Earth?
Australia
Greenland
2 others that I don't remember

In U.S. schools, we are taught that Australia is both an island and a continent, which would make Australia the correct answer, but Greenland is marked correct. Please delete.
Dátum: 2010.10.30. 14:50:43
It would be nice to have a version of the Duel page that was like a challenge mode or something. It would only show you players that you were allowed to challenge (i.e. once you challenged someone, the next time you viewed the page in this mode, they would not be listed). And, ideally, it would show you the 15 targets with the lowest skill totals.
Dátum: 2010.10.29. 22:49:29
Idézet: ChaoticGemini - 2010.10.29. 21:55:00
I don't see why it is so difficult to keep track of who you put in and when you are in yourself. It sounds to me that you are asking the programmers to do more work because you're to lazy to read your battle reports. As for listing how much each person gave you, it seems to take some of the skill out of the game. If you want simple click games there are several out there. I like the thought and strategy in this one.

I'll definitely cop to being lazy. But what I'm wanting here is very little work for the programmers. When it's generating the message on the Recommendations screen, the code already needs to know who you dragged in to the TC, in order to calculate the amount. So then it's just a matter of including it in the string. A good programmer should be able to do that in 10 minutes or less, if someone provides the translations. Compared to all the time that non-lazy users spend keeping track of who they have in the TC, that seems like a good investment.

Also, I didn't ask to have the rewards split out by individual users. I'd be happy if it said
2010.10.29. 606 SE flown into you from the torture chamber (Viridel, Chaotic Gemini).
Dátum: 2010.10.29. 19:54:00
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.10.29. 18:37:06
I don't want to have to check every battle, and calculate when it happened to see if I'm still in the TC, I want to look at my character sheet, and have it show
The following players have dragged you to the Torture Chamber for HH:MM:SS longer:

I'd like the flip side - a page where I can see who it was that I dragged into the TC for that larger-than-usual reward. Maybe they could put both on the same page. Right now, the Torture Chamber text up at the top doesn't link to anything, so that would be a convenient place to put the link to this new page.

Alternatively, the Recommendations page text could include the list of who I had in the TC, along with the total amount. I suppose you could put Viridel's text there on that page, too, though that seems a little odd, since he wants current info, and the rest of it is historical data.
Dátum: 2010.10.29. 15:33:18
Thinking out loud here. How about a nonlinear system of bonuses? I don't know what the current formulas are, but let's pretend that your bonus is a function of your ability divided by your opponent's ability. If you changed the formula so that your bonus was a function of the log of your ability divided by your opponent's ability, then you'd get diminishing returns. That would still provide incentive to improve, but it would make it harder to get invincible.

I'm sure they're not going to consider changing formulas, so this is just a thought experiment. For that matter, they're not going to change anything that affects MsPiggy's invincibility. Unless she's cheating and you can prove it, you have to just treat her as a fact of life. Like Florida's hurricane season in August or something.

Anyway, next time someone complains about the random factor, this is why they keep that the way it is. Every once in a while, invincible players lose, just due to the random factor.
Dátum: 2010.10.29. 15:16:59
Thanks, quint. That's some useful info.
Dátum: 2010.10.29. 15:14:45
Idézet: Phalanxii - 2010.10.29. 03:23:40
Please can you let us know when we're in/out of the torture chamber? Just an event update would be great... if we get an update for when we're cursed, it seems logical to get one when in the torture chamber too!

Personally, I'd prefer to know when I've been scryed (scried?) and by whom. Being in the TC has no downside past losing the battle that got you there (which you already have notification of), while being the target of a scry might mean you're about to be hit and should dump your SE.
Dátum: 2010.10.27. 22:54:08
Half the time when I attack someone and it fails, no error message is displayed. So I have to attack them again to find out if they were low on HP, or if I attacked them already, or what.
Dátum: 2010.10.25. 15:46:58
Idézet: Kyril - 2010.10.25. 04:25:22
A game where players become invincible has a serious problem. Teasing them with senseless attacks is no answer to this problem. This Player can easily take 2 levels and would still be invincible.

A) You knew going in that nothing we could say was going to make this player any less invincible. Giving them empty XP may not be very satisfying, but you take what you can get.

B) Don't you think that the cows you milk feel roughly the same about you?

C) It's not an issue if you just make sure you're always safe (i.e. low HP) while you're hunting, and you spend your SE before you come out of safety.
Dátum: 2010.10.24. 15:23:15
Idézet: Kyril - 2010.10.24. 10:00:26
I play in world 2 and there is a player that reaches nearly god status, which means he/she is out of reach of counter actions. Nobody can beat him/her. He/she is almost invincible.

Don't get me wrong, but imo your game mechanism really has a problem if this can happen.

You can always spend all your SE and lose to the god on purpose, giving them empty XP.
Dátum: 2010.10.22. 19:55:04
Idézet: swiftstpaul - 2010.10.22. 19:21:36
What are treasure points for???? PLEASE HELP. THANKS CALIPSO

When your clan kills an epic monster, it drops a treasure, which goes into your clan treasury. You use treasure points to bid on the item.
Dátum: 2010.10.20. 18:50:23
Who is the Founder of Sun Dynasty?
Bharatavarsha
Manu
Vishwa
Parasurama

According to wikipedia, "The clan founder, Vivasvan or Vaivaswat Manu, also known as Arka-tanaya" and the answer that is marked correct, Manu: "In various Hindu traditions, Manu is a title accorded to the progenitor of mankind, and also the very first king to rule this earth, who saved mankind from the universal flood." I can't find anything linking Manu with the Sun Dynasty.
Dátum: 2010.10.19. 17:03:33
Like I said, I'm agnostic on this issue of how long to wait between auction house cycles, but it seems like there might be a compromise. Right now, there are 2 slots for lesser relics (+1 abilities) and 4 slots for greater relics. Perhaps the engineers could just add one more slot for greater relics. Or give a random chance for each lesser slot to be filled with a greater relic instead. That should reduce the cost of the relics, but only slightly.
Dátum: 2010.10.18. 20:19:05
Idézet: Phalanxii - 2010.10.18. 19:48:04
What is the tallest type of tree in the world?
Oak
Elm
Birch
Sequoia <-- right

Any consistency? If you're going to give one half of a latin name, do it for the others? Why is the question purposefully trying to confuse us? Anyway, I think I've seen a similar question before with Californian Redwood as the answer.

Agreeing with you, in more detail: Sequoia is the common name for Sequoiadendron giganteum - the tree that grows in the Sierra Nevada. However, if that's what the person who asked the question meant, the answer is incorrect. The Coast Redwood (Sequoia sempervirens, also sometimes known as the California Redwood) - the tree that grows where I live - is taller (though narrower) than the Sequoia.
Dátum: 2010.10.18. 13:21:36
Idézet: Kethios - 2010.10.18. 04:53:28
Which quest are you talking about?

He's referring to his previous post in this thread (#287), about the getting equipment all the same level quest.
Dátum: 2010.10.17. 03:54:08
I've noticed this, too. I will sometimes hunt once, get a question, answer it correctly, get an SE reward. Then I will hunt once again, get an SE reward with no question posed, with the bonus. Then I will hunt once again, and still get an SE reward with no question posed, with the bonus. I just didn't see the need to complain about that kind of bug.
Dátum: 2010.10.15. 19:18:27
Idézet: ImLittleJon - 2010.10.15. 18:44:51
I have enough mana. Transplantation is just not listed as one of the options anymore. It's not maxed out. I'm doing everything the same as when it used to work, but now that skill is just not listed.

Aha! Turns out it was a scrolling issue. All the eligible skills used to fit without scrolling, but now I have to scroll down to see transplantation and trapping. Actually, I probably had to scroll to see trapping, but since I never boost that, I didn't notice. So when I learned a new skill, it pushed transplantation down off the first page where I couldn't see it.