Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - ImLittleJon

Dátum: 2010.05.11. 23:27:06
Also, for posterity's sake, most answers to questions like these are at http://web.me.com/loquacious_4ever/Tina/quests.html, and that page also has lots of other info.
Dátum: 2010.05.11. 15:23:45
I've got a level of mind boost now, but I can't see where to go to apply it to a skill. Anyone know how to do that?
Dátum: 2010.05.11. 15:21:22
Idézet: MartinBV - 2010.05.11. 14:11:21
At the moment I'm using the 30 duel points/day option, so I'm only able to attack players with the same or higher level than me.
Can anyone tell me how much lower levelled characters I can attack if I change my setting to 15/day.

Would be nice with a public formula for this information, as changing back takes 48 hours.

Depends on your level. Initially, it's only one level lower. Around 10, I think, it switches to 2 levels. At 13, for sure, it switches to 3 levels. That's as far as I've gotten.
Dátum: 2010.05.10. 22:14:28
Idézet: LydonB - 2010.05.10. 21:10:28
@Viridel, I know you posted; but somehow I can't see your posts.

His posts show up on the Last Posts page - http://forum.doomlord.net/index.php?act=utolso_hozzaszolasok
Dátum: 2010.05.10. 13:49:24
Idézet: ardent - 2010.05.10. 12:25:12
What is the name of the human who's remains are considered the oldest ever discovered?

Lucy

First, it's "whose", not "who's". Second, the question is extremely ambiguous because there is always debate over where you draw the line between what is human and what's not. Third, a quick google search indicates that the oldest human remains are named "ardi", which wasn't even one of your choices. I think the evaluator made a good call in this case.

What race is "the wihte knight" presented in the Legend section, in Doomlord?

This is one of the cases that is explicitly disallowed. All Doomlord questions must be answerable by a level 1 character.

What is the name of the World of Warctaft expansion currently under development ?

On this one, you definitely need to change "currently" to a specific time, like "in May, 2010". You also typoed Warcraft. Finally, the question of whether WoW questions are allowed at all is something of a gray area, and it will likely depend on which evaluator you get. Personally, I have never played WoW and have no interest in it, and I would guess that a significant majority of Doomlord players are the same. However, I recognize that many of my interests would be the same for you. So I'd like to see the guidelines (clarified and) loosened up to allow questions like this.

Those are my last 3 questions. NOW, in MY opinion, your evaluators are uninterested and half witted.... i see tons of retarded questions that pass through but my last 5 were considered BAD for clear reason at all. Thus, i decided this feature of the game is useless for me and i am no longer even trying to write a question just to get mocked by some ogre-like evaluator who doesn't take his time to read ....

A lot of players are feeling the same way. I'd like to see more people trying to engage in a constructive discussion on how to improve the system, rather than just getting frustrated.
Dátum: 2010.05.09. 03:59:03
Idézet: Dakaan - 2010.05.08. 16:56:14
Did someone else observed that it doesn't work ?!
It should give +3% on hunt (in my case) but i did the math and nada.

Is there any other special condition for it to give the bonus ?
I'm asking because i still receive only 10% on hunts, instead of 13% (and yes i did the math).

I would guess that it works the same as spectral manipulation, where the bonus is (I think and hope) applied behind the scenes, before the 10% for answering the quiz question. Which means the +10% applies to the +3% as well, so you end up with +13.3%. The only problem is they don't tell you what the original base value was, and the randomness of the rewards makes it hard to be sure about a 3% difference. But I bought 9 levels of spectral manipulation back to back, and it sure seemed like my rewards went up.
Dátum: 2010.05.07. 22:18:55
"Depends" is not the same as "equals". In this case, the dependency is a negative one. The bigger your old clan's soul well, the less you have to pay in to the new one.
Dátum: 2010.05.07. 20:46:55
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.05.07. 19:36:08
The type of questions i have in mind are those that a person that has nothing to do with the sport and does not want to learn it will still answer the question and get something from it. So who was the all time record holder of a specific sport is a good trivia, and does not involve the specifics or rules of it to answer it

I understand what you're saying. I just disagree with it. Off the top of my head, I could answer all but the most obscure questions about soccer/football rules, but I would have no hope of answering anything about all time record holders in the sport. I think it's pretty typical that a passing familiarity with a sport would provide that level of knowledge, but you'd have to be a hard core fan to know things like the record holders. To me, what that says is that questions about the rules of a sport are much more general than trivia related to the sport. Personally, I think both should be allowed, but if you're going to allow one and not the other, the rules questions should definitely be the one that gets allowed.
Dátum: 2010.05.07. 17:34:09
Idézet: ImLittleJon - 2010.05.07. 13:38:59
It's visible. For some reason, new posts take a very long time to appear in the thread view, but they appear immediately on the Last posts screen.

Hmmm. My post is visible in the thread view now, but yours still isn't, and there's a gap in the numbers. So it's not just a caching delay.
Dátum: 2010.05.07. 13:43:16
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.05.07. 10:29:53
Nemesis, your questions are not ambiguous bad they fall in the special knowleadge section.

I would actually disagree with both parts of that statement. The questions were ambiguous because they didn't specify what sport they referred to.

Idézet: stekkos - 2010.05.07. 10:29:53
If you really want to post about baseball, try to stick to more general questions like, record holders, either teams or players (please input the year since it might change in the future), or famous world class events. In all, try to be a question that someone that knows nothing about baseball, or any sport, will find it at least justified as general trivia.

I don't see how the examples you cite are more general than the rules of the game in question. To me, you have that exactly backwards.
Dátum: 2010.05.07. 13:38:59
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.05.07. 06:41:32
Testing something - if you can read this, please reply.

It's visible. For some reason, new posts take a very long time to appear in the thread view, but they appear immediately on the Last posts screen.
Dátum: 2010.05.06. 16:07:17
I posted the original bug report. I did email info@doomlord.net, and they resolved the issue for me. This other guy just copy/pasted my post, so I think the idea was just to get the spam links in his signature out there.
Dátum: 2010.05.06. 15:28:05
Who wrote the poem "Annabel Lee"?

Ernest Hamingway

Should be Hemingway with an e.
Dátum: 2010.05.06. 13:59:01
Idézet: Dakaan - 2010.05.06. 13:28:21
The chance to find a map piece is 2%, plus 0,03% per climbing skill. This is the only ratio that i can see there.

This example has nothing to do with the problem since "the chance to find a map piece is 2%, plus 0,03% per climbing skill."
One group has 100 followers, and each one has a 1% chance to find a map piece.
Another group has 10 followers, and each one has a 5% chance to find a map piece.

As i told you i believe that is a error in translation, as it is normal that a lower group to have more map pieces for every player that it wont necessarily have to reflect in the total amount. What devs should do is to explain clearly how the event works and we wont have any misunderstandings in the future.

You stopped your copy/paste too soon. The next sentences: "The chance is affected by the number of the followers the soul-huckster have. The less minions she have, the higher the chance!" If you put that all together, it reads to me that the 2% is the base chance, but it can vary based on how many minions your team has. So then it's just a question of how big you expected the number-of-followers effect to be. My example was intended to illustrate that even with an effect that dwarfed the base chance of 2%, you would still expect the team with more followers to end up with more map pieces, and thus that the outcome of the second half of the event more closely matched the description than the outcome of the first half.

One thing I think we can all agree on is that they should have been clearer.
Dátum: 2010.05.06. 02:29:06
Idézet: LydonB - 2010.05.05. 18:52:01
Idézet: ImLittleJon - 2010.05.04. 13:46:08
Now, the code seems to favor groups with more members, which was the expectation they set before the game started.

The chance is affected by the number of the followers the soul-huckster have. The less minions she have, the higher the chance!

Get your facts right. The lower the amount of members, the higher the chance.

We're talking about two different things. You are talking about the chance of an individual finding a map piece. I'm talking about the aggregate chance of all the followers finding map pieces. Take an example:

One group has 100 followers, and each one has a 1% chance to find a map piece.
Another group has 10 followers, and each one has a 5% chance to find a map piece.

That would be consistent with the expectations they set, and the end result - if each follower averaged the same number of hunts/duels - would be that the first group would have twice as many map pieces.
Dátum: 2010.05.05. 13:42:48
Idézet: FriendlyCheese - 2010.05.05. 11:43:49
I bought it and it is costly, but I use it for hanging only. What am I?
a pair of earrings (correct)
a picture
window blinds
a car

still a silly question. A car can be used for 'hanging' only, as can a picture.

It's worse than that. The question is "What am I?", not "What is it?". So the answer to the question should be the thing that does the buying and the using, not the thing that is bought and used. So the correct answer should be a person or something.
Dátum: 2010.05.04. 22:02:39
I'm not quite where Viridel is, but this one annoys me.

Which of the following is true of the Doppler effect?

As a wave source passes an observer, the apparent wavelength decreases.
As a wave source passes an observer, the apparent wavelength increases.
As a wave source passes an observer, the apparent frequency increases.
As a wave source passes an observer, the speed of the wave increases.

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

One of the explicit categories that are supposed to be accepted is "Elementary school general knowledge questions." My daughter, who is in elementary school, covered the Doppler effect. They obviously didn't cover the calculus behind it, but they went over what happens when a train passes you (the sound of its horn - which is the frequency of the wave - gets lower), and the fact that frequency and wavelength are inversely proportional. That's all you need to answer the question correctly.

Bad evaluator. No doughnut!
Dátum: 2010.05.04. 17:47:35
Idézet: Kendi64 - 2010.05.04. 17:03:52
How is it possible for a level 12 player to have a level 13 item?

Trade skill, at learning level 12. See http://web.me.com/loquacious_4ever/Tina/quests.html.
Dátum: 2010.05.04. 13:51:51
Idézet: funkyw1 - 2010.05.04. 09:18:35
I missed the armor on the page when I started. How do I get it? Or am I pooched?

Hey Funky. Welcome to Doomlord. I guess Tag W3 is pretty well dead now? You just started, so you can go to Settings and delete your character and then re-register a new character. However, if you registered using someone's recommendation link, the new registration will not be credited to them unless you get the programmers to manually enter the data into the database (unless they fixed the bug since it happened to me). Of course, you could just use my recommendation link http://world2.doomlord.net/?kar=5841 instead when you make your new character, and it should all work smoothly then.
Dátum: 2010.05.04. 13:46:08
Idézet: ChaoticGemini - 2010.05.04. 06:31:29
I doubled the amount of map pieces in the past week with much less activity than I had earlier in the competition. I still think something is off with the script.

It's all anecdotal, but I think there's sufficient evidence to believe that the code got changed partway through. My guess, though, is that the original state was "off", not the new state. Yes, the code change favors different groups than the ones who were favored before the code change, but I don't see that the initially favored groups have any reasonable entitlement to being favored. Now, the code seems to favor groups with more members, which was the expectation they set before the game started.