Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Galana

Oldal: 12
Dátum: 2011.03.01. 17:57:09
Idézet: MartinBV - 2011.02.28. 07:01:29
About radioactive decay: It is a lot more complicated than that. It is true that most radioactive decay goes towards iron, as iron is the most stable element, some iron isotopes can however decay towards other elements. When going into nuclear physics it becomes a lot more complicated, as fusion and fission have produced all the known elements. However reactions away from iron tends to absorbs energy while reactions towards iron tends to releases energy.

I was guessing this answer would be Carbon, as Carbon-dating is used to determine ages of things. So if this question had been accepted, I would have learned something new, and probably done further reading on it. Instead we have another failure of the quiz system.
Dátum: 2011.01.29. 01:59:23
Idézet: quint - 2011.01.28. 22:30:00
I agree, it wouldn't hurt to see the current average score of an adventure.

In the meanwhile, I uploaded a script to the wiki which shows the tests of known adventures in game at the Adventures page, so you don't even have to visit the wiki page to decide whether to keep and adventure or not. You can install it from here: http://doomlord.wikidot.com/local--files/main/dl_adventurewiki.user.js, but first make sure you have the GreaseMonkey addon installed. (for Firefox) It might work in Chrome as well, but I didn't test it. You will need the Blank Canvas Script Handler for Chrome to run extension scripts.

Seems to work just fine in Chrome! Thanks for the update and hard work!!!
Dátum: 2011.01.27. 20:07:22
Richard Clark, "America's Oldest Teenager," was not famously associated with which of these TV shows?

Answer given as American Idol. There is NO correlation between these two on Google. I don't know whether the question is just completely wrong, or it's supposed to be "Dick Clark", but Dick was blocked by the Quiz; and the answer would be New Years Rockin' Eve. And searching "America's Oldest Teenager"; yes, it is Dick Clark. Looking at his Wiki page, D.C. has NEVER been associated with American Idol.

This is just embarrassingly bad, and the Mod who approved this one also needs a spanking!!!
Dátum: 2011.01.26. 04:21:44
The barbs on a cat's tongue are for _?
grooming
tickling people
scraping meat off of bones <- Marked right
they are pointless

This is completely wrong. The primary use of the rough tongue is for combing of the coat; this is universal amongst all cats. The scraping meat off bones answer is not applicable at all to domestic cats (who shouldn't get bones in the first place), and even for cats in the wild, it is definitely the secondary purpose.

The question should be removed, and the evaluator given a spanking!
Dátum: 2011.01.19. 21:12:12
In Greek mythology, who was the lover of Priestess Hero?

What?!?
Dátum: 2011.01.19. 01:11:03
Idézet: Viridel - 2011.01.18. 07:43:01
Once you hit ManaCon L30, you can use ManaCon twice a day - once in the "normal" way (Clan Building), and once in the event. However, for the event, it takes SE to trigger (AND Spell Points to use). The trigger cost is Level*100, and the SE used in this way does NOT count towards your Luck skill. If you don't want to use ManaCon in this way, or if you want to Build more than once a day, the SE spent towards Building DOES count towards your Luck skill.

As for the Event:
SE Building (NOT including ManaCon Trigger): Level*200 = 1 Point
ManaCon Building (NOT utilizing the Trigger SE): Level*400 = 1 Point

So you still get all the benefit of whatever you have invested into ManaCon, but now there is a cost to do so. Or, you can choose not to utilize it (especially if you are under L30), and receive full benefit for the SE spent towards Luck - but you won't get as many Build Points. However, you CAN blitz the event to keep pace with the ManaCon Leaders who may not wish to make such sacrifices.

I don't entirely understand all the math involved here, but it certainly seems to address the complaints by all sides. As a building-based-player myself, it is very important to me that my character get a fair opportunity to participate in these events. The Map one worked well enough; aside from my displeasure about being trapped on a lousy team through no fault of my own; but the Zarknod was a complete waste of time and thought. I was reading intently through the Suggestions thread, and really liked where this was supposed to go. Unfortunately it has fallen far short of what I was hoping for, and anyone can easily see that it is yet another event geared towards offensive players. It really upsets me when Administrators are saying that I don't play the game properly. I have two Lady of Alvariel medals to prove that I am playing just fine; and the Administration needs to accept the fact that different players have different goals for their characters, and as long as they are not cheating, all are acceptable, and all need to be accommodated in the game events.

At least Viridel is trying; but I'm not seeing much out of the ones who should be most interested in getting things right. This is very disappointing.
Dátum: 2011.01.17. 04:30:38
What does rakia stands for?

Ambiguous - here's the first page of Google:
RAKIA - Ras Al Khaimah Investment Authority (India)
Rakia hebben wij gevonden op wiezoekje (???)
Does anyone know how to make bulgarian rakia?
Analysis of Rabbi Slifkin's Rationalist Blog: The Rakia
RAKIA, Al Hamra Real Estate and Rakeen Development

Given answers:
Hungarian instrument
Serbian national drink
Muslim food
Celtic Dance

None of these fit ANY of the Google's above.
Dátum: 2011.01.12. 07:43:27
While I may not agree with how Viridel chooses to express the problems all the time, it's rather quite obvious he is exactly right and has put far more thought into the checks and balances than the game administration has. It's really unfortunate that the game administration can't enter this thread and create an open dialog, since the event was invented on the .net server, by .net players.
Dátum: 2011.01.10. 06:29:53
The "Axel" and "Rietberger" are terms used in which sport?

The second term isn't English.
Dátum: 2011.01.10. 01:41:37
What was the original C++ implementation?
Zortech C++
Cfront (marked correct)
MSVC
g++

How is this not special knowledge? It's not even on the C Programming Wiki, but this is:

Major implementations Clang, GCC, MSVC, Turbo C, Watcom C
Dátum: 2011.01.08. 06:35:17
Idézet: FriendlyCheese - 2011.01.07. 22:45:24
Hate to say it but it took about 15 seconds to get here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gawain

Still don't see it. Searches for "stronger" and "night" come up with no useful results. This is definitely TOO specific.
Dátum: 2011.01.07. 21:06:23
Which Knight of the Round Table was stronger during the day and weaker at night?
Sir Galahad
Sir Tristram
Sir Agravaine
Sir Gawaine

I have spent more than 10 minutes on Google looking for this, and am getting absolutely nowhere. Lucky for me, it's an adventure, not a Hunt. Unlucky for me, I have a 75% chance of failing the adventure.
Dátum: 2010.12.30. 17:28:55
Which is the smallest prime number?

1, 2, 3, 5

The quiz answer is 2, but there is some debate as to whether 1 is prime - after all, it is a number divisible only by 1 and itself; it just doesn't have two factors. Best to remove the 1 option, and all doubt is gone.
Dátum: 2010.12.28. 07:17:03
It is really too bad that the US cannot take its own quote and just shut the hell up.
Dátum: 2010.12.23. 04:56:21
In the Map Event:

Due to your outstanding performance you will get a more powerful reward (in case your team does not finish first anyway)

Now, I could comment about finding 113 pieces out of the 1081 that the 44 person team has found; which is 10.5% of the map by 2.3% of the membership (me). But I'm resigned that this team will finish 3rd. So, with the above accolade, does that mean I automatically receive the equivalent of the 1st place prize (which would certainly be reasonable); or a prize just one level more than the rest of these losers have helped "accomplish"? After all, it's not my fault others aren't close to pulling their weight, and I would hate to be penalized given my participation when someone from the winning group needs to only get 10 pieces for a full reward.
Dátum: 2010.12.13. 19:05:48
Idézet: LydonB - 2010.12.13. 09:16:53
Idézet: Kethios - 2010.12.13. 09:01:02
How about:

If you complete a skill/ability challenge with additional CP, the system could save it like the quiz challenge and the likes so we wouldn't have to invest lots of CP.

Ideas?

That's pretty much what we've been saying.

Precisely. The number of times this is likely to happen shouldn't damage the bottom line. And would they rather me spend 50 CPs ONCE to pass an adventure, or spend 0 CPs and abandon it in fear of being unable to pass it at all? Seems like meeting somewhere in the middle is the best strategy for both sides.
Dátum: 2010.12.13. 08:58:04
Idézet: quint - 2010.12.13. 08:04:55
Actually, there is a threshold value for skill tests at each level: the average of the skills of players of that level. (this is computed twice a day) So it is normal that this threshold increases each time you level up.

As for having to repeat tests for which you used CPs, my advice is to observe the amount of HP you usually lose in adventure battles and try to anticipate whether you have enough in order to complete the next adventure. If not, better wait until you do. The same goes for SE/HP/SP requirement in adventures. Of course, this only works when you know in advance what test you'll encounter, but that's why I created the page http://doomlord.wikidot.com/adventures where you can look up adventures and see if you are prepared to pass the tests. For adventures not on that list, you'll just have to make sure that you do them with close to full HP and SP, with potions of each type prepared and with enough SE on you. This way, you can minimize the chance of losing CPs on adventures you might have to try again later. It also doesn't hurt set the maximum number of CPs that can be used in an adventure to some really high value. (like 500 or 1000, just to be sure)

I know this doesn't change the fact that you're still going to lose some CPs from time to time, but if you give yourself enough chance to complete an adventure in one try, the chance of losing CPs will decrease drastically. And I think that's the only way to counter this feature (I wouldn't call it a bug or error, since it's probably the way it's intended to work), because the admns will definitely not change it.

As a builder, there is still a definite possibility that I may lose a fight, and if that is at the end of an adventure, then any Crystal Points I have invested up to then are wasted, and this was the source of my original complaint. There are also quiz questions with wrong answers that create the same problem. Really, I'm not complaining about the cost of CPs, at least not yet. What is upsetting me is that you get credit for successfully completing part of an adventure, except if it is a skill or attribute challenge. I have a major problem with that part of the adventures.
Dátum: 2010.12.11. 23:21:25
Idézet: MsPiggy - 2010.12.11. 14:15:17
Of course that won't change the fact that many would be happier if you only needed to spend CP once...

That's all I'm asking for. If you pass a test, it stays passed. Just like fights. Just like questions. Just like HP and SP stuff. I want to know WHY a passed test resets when none of the other categories do. Soul Diamonds are an important currency in the game, so restricting the ability for someone to accumulate them crates further imbalance in the game.

Like I said, I'm willing to pay if my level isn't high enough; but it's absolute garbage to have to pay twice or more. I don't see why I should have to use a cheat sheet to get around an obvious flaw in the game. Just fix the flaw!
Dátum: 2010.12.11. 07:25:15
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.12.11. 06:01:59
You are not supposed to use a lot of crystal points on an adventure. They should be the exception since adventures is a way to help you increase your abilities. Now ofcourse if an adventure is too much for you now, my personal way was to abandon it until i reach a better skill/ability level. In other words dont go increasing an ability/skill just for the adventure. Just pick out which you can do now and discard the rest for later

Interesting... Instead of providing information as to WHY this stupidity exists, you're telling me how to manage my character. From what I have seen, the necessary levels for attributes increase as one goes up in levels. Therefore, unless I build my character exactly to the specifications that game wants, I will always be deficient somewhere. I am amongst the highest skill-per-level players in the game. I can get Crystals. But when I am forced to repeatedly spend them just for an opportunity to pass an adventure; that's just crappy game management, by an administration team that feels little need to make their presence felt in the public area.

I've researched the threads on Adventures. Nobody agrees with how they work. I am a Skill-Heavy Builder. I do not have strong attributes, nor do I care to. So don't tell me how to play my game. Tell me how to get something that is clearly broken, fixed.
Dátum: 2010.12.11. 03:55:49
Ok, I'm really upset by this. One of my attribute scores isn't very high, but I have a lot of Crystals. Passing this adventure took a LOT of them on one category. Unfortunately I lost the battle. Now I have to use a pile of Crystals AGAIN in order to just get to the point where I might win the fight again???

How is this fair? How does this make any sense?

I want to hear from somebody on this one, because I can see quitting the game over something like this - it completely screws up how I built my character.
Oldal: 12