Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Spin

Oldal: 12345
Dátum: 2010.05.03. 12:18:18
What is it called when you knock down all of the pins in bowling?
Strike (marked correct)
Split
Gutter
Spare

Both strike and spare are correct since the question doesn't state whether they are all knocked down in one shot or if you can use two balls either way they are all knocked down might one to clarify this.
Dátum: 2010.05.02. 04:59:36
I just got this question.

What binds two people, yet touches no one?

the answer given was a wedding ring. Though I think this is wrong since most people wear their wedding rings at least one person is touching it. Might want to change this.
Dátum: 2010.05.02. 04:57:46
Idézet: Boar - 2010.05.01. 09:57:01
Idézet: Spin - 2010.04.30. 12:09:25

Wow you really need to chill out, if every question in this game is not to your liking why do you continue to play? As for the first part of this post, not all of those games are multi-platform in order to be considered multi-platform the game has to be the same on more than one platform. Since Little Big Planet has differences on both PS3 and PSP then it is not a multi-platform game.

As for the Shaq question, he is a famous enough player (who has also acted) that he is easily found on a google search. you do have 5 mins to look for the answer if you do not know it.

And for the last one really? they gave a specific year this year, and while it technically can change still since hte year is not over, maybe you should wait until it does if it does at all before you start going off.

So please relax, take a deep breath, calm down, and try to enjoy the game, if you can't don't play it anymore save this area for problems that are real with questions or at least suggest a way to fix it other than delete everything.

Look, I think you live in another dimension, where is no difference between good and bad questions. Those above are bad, they are not matching the evaluation conditions. With this kind of thinking, you must be some kind of idealist. The conditions are almost clearly defined,so I'm right. I'm not nervous or angry, I'm calm and peaceful like the Dalai Lama. Just trying to clear the database,cause it is full of questions which are not good.Thats all.
And again, just to make it clear:

Multiplatform games: more then one of the possible answers are available on multiple platforms,so the question is not correct literally.And the most important: the players massive percentage are not know those games! This is exactly the special knowledge!

Basketball, Shaq and America: The complete career of a player with dates is special knowledge,only the fans are so specific. It is forbidden in this quiz.

John Terry: Just as above, plus the use of the current year is not a wise choice!

And the point of my post is this: this questions are in a quiz. A quiz is a game of knowledge,I consider it so, I'm not using search engine to find an answer. (Actually,it should be forbidden. If the GM-s want it, hopefully it will change soon,so everyone will be on his own,without search engines,databases).Everyone,who use them is not worthy to gain even the damn 10% SE for it. If you also use those things, you have absolute no right to judge my posts. Everyone can use Google. But not everyone is smart enough to deal with hundreds of quiz questions! I'm trying,and also trying to help the ones like me,by reporting the bad questions.

If players where only limited to knowledge on hand then no one would play since it would be almost impossible to get some of these answers. that or the quiz would only hva esimple easy answers, since this is a international game, and there is as of yet no regulated level of teaching around the world. Different countries put greater importance on different subjects. Not to mention that since I grew up in america we use a different measurement system then metric. Does that mean I deserve to get questions wrong because I don't know them in meters, but in feet? I am glad that you hate using search engines and don't want to use them good for you. but you do have to realize this is a game. The quiz is only one part of it, since this isn't a game solely about quizes keep in mind that learning can even be done from a search engine. for example one of the questions about what the bridge of sighs(spelt wrong I know) connects in Venice, I was never taught this, I looked it up once and now I know, so I would say it was specialized knowledge, but it did help me learn something.
Dátum: 2010.04.30. 12:09:25
Idézet: Boar - 2010.04.27. 14:56:43
Which of these is not a Playstation 3 game?
Assassin's Creed
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
Little Big Planet
SSX 3

Actually non of these are PS3 games, all of them are multi-console games. The correct title would be: Which of the followings are not playable on PS3... Or something like that. But as I see, this is a special knowledge also. A game-console is not common in every household around the world... Correct or delete please.

What N.B.A. Team Drafted Shaquille O'neal in 1992?
L.A. Lakers
Miami Heat
Orlando Magic
Cleveland Cavaliers

Absolute special question. Delete please!

What English Premier League team does John Terry play for (year 2010)?
Manchester United
Liverpool
Chelsea
Arsenal

Can change anytime+ not common knowledge! Delete please!

Wow you really need to chill out, if every question in this game is not to your liking why do you continue to play? As for the first part of this post, not all of those games are multi-platform in order to be considered multi-platform the game has to be the same on more than one platform. Since Little Big Planet has differences on both PS3 and PSP then it is not a multi-platform game.

As for the Shaq question, he is a famous enough player (who has also acted) that he is easily found on a google search. you do have 5 mins to look for the answer if you do not know it.

And for the last one really? they gave a specific year this year, and while it technically can change still since hte year is not over, maybe you should wait until it does if it does at all before you start going off.

So please relax, take a deep breath, calm down, and try to enjoy the game, if you can't don't play it anymore save this area for problems that are real with questions or at least suggest a way to fix it other than delete everything.
Dátum: 2010.04.15. 07:07:03
In the Star Trek Universe, the android named 'Data' has a twin brother named?
Lore (marked correct)
Datum
Q
Byte

while Lore is the brother of Data in Star Trek, he also had another brother introduced in the movie star trek nemesis. The android B-4 while this new brother didn't have as sophisicated a neuronet as either Lore or Data he was physically Identical to both of them. Technically that would make them triplets. So the question is wrong and should be removed or changed
Dátum: 2010.04.15. 01:00:40
I found in error in the text for one of the skills.

chronocompensation:

You will be tired if you make more than one hour attacks in one hour and your statistics will be decreased. This skill reduces the waiting time: each level will reduce 1 minute. At the maximal level of 50 the waiting time will be 10 minutes instead of 60 minutes. It decreases the reuse time of the dimension door, squeezing and mind boost as well.

it appears to be an extra word in there I put it in bold. Thanks.
Dátum: 2010.04.14. 23:59:32
Idézet: Boar - 2010.04.14. 14:54:01
How many even prime numbers are there?

I can't understand the question! Even with what? What the hell is this supposed to mean?

Who wrote the Capital?
Engels
Marx
Robespierre
Lenin

The Google can't answer this for me. Now what? Are you sure this is the correct translation of the book's title?

Even as in even or odd. 2,4,6,8 are all even numbers, 1,3,5,7,9 are all odd numbers. So the question is asking how many of the prime numbers are even.

As for the other question it is the right title, the question might come up better in the german title "Das Kapital" since google only likes to find state and local capitals.
Dátum: 2010.04.13. 05:55:29
I agree that some have been killed and we have weighed them, but since there is know way to get weight on random blue whales in the ocean than it really is more an approziamtion and a question that says up to how much should not be allowed. If it was say what was the heaviest a blue whale that has been killed has weighed that would be different. It is like saying up to how tall can a human grow? while we might be able to say 7 feet or something like that there is always a mutation that comes along and then someone is born 7' 1" and then 7 foot isn't the max anymore.

The first line of wikipedia for blue whales says:

The blue whale (Balaenoptera musculus) is a marine mammal belonging to the suborder of baleen whales (called Mysticeti).[3] At up to 33 metres (108 ft) in length and 180 metric tons (200 short tons)[4] or more in weight, it is the largest animal ever known to have existed.[5]

Even it says or more. so clearly it should be thrown out as a question.
Dátum: 2010.04.10. 03:50:09
So I got this question.

What famous battle took place in the year 1066?
The Battle of Bosworth
The Battle of Hoth
The Battle of Hastings
The Battle of Marston Moor

just after getting the one what year did the battle of hasting take place. Which I know has been in the system longer. Just rewording a question ok, or should we point them out so they can be taken out of the system?
Dátum: 2010.04.10. 00:35:26
I found a problem with these two questions.

When you are driving in a vehicle and you come to an intersection with no stop signs, who has the right of way?
always the driver on the right
always everyone
always you
always the driver on the left

Are you sure this is true in all countries? This seems like one of those things that is only preveltant in some areas of the world. If that is the case throw in the country it would pretain to.

What do you have activated when the number of action points is restricted to 400 instead of 250?
Otherworldly Powers
Nothing
A pet
Premium Membership

This question has two answers, premium membership, but also under the acceleration abilities you can select. Maximum action points
which does this...

You can increase the amount of your maximum available APs from 250/400 to 400/800 by spending 200 APs. This is a one time cost, once you paid for it your APs available maximum is permamently increased. In addition, you will be able to duel 3 times in a row instead of 2 without getting a penalty.
Thus you can activate this option and get up to 400 points avaible for AP as well. This question should be thrown out.
Dátum: 2010.04.06. 22:18:40
No kiefer was born in london while his parents were working there, so he has both british and canadian citizenship, but his nationality is canadian. Just cause you are born somewhere else while your parents are on the job doesn't mean you lose the nationality your parents are.
Dátum: 2010.04.06. 22:11:56
What is the new "profession" of Arnold Schwarzenegger?
Waiter.
Terminator.
Lawyer.
Governor of California. X(marked correct)

This question is wrong. Governor of California is not a profession, it is a job. Arnold's new profession would be politician.

Examples of professions: Lawyers, Engineers, Professors, Military Officers and Non-Commissioned Officers, and Qualified Teachers, Architects, Accountants, Notaries, Advocates, Actuaries, Dentists, Midwives, Pharmacists, Scientists, Nurses and Physicians.(from wikipedia and common knowledge)

In the United States, the title governor refers to the chief executive of each state or insular territory, not directly subordinate to the federal authorities, but the political and ceremonial head of the state. (from wikipedia)
Dátum: 2010.04.06. 02:24:38
So the clan I am in has hall of peace to level 2. Another clan went to war with us and after the war was over they cancelled the peace treaty on the 3rd of April. The next day they were able to attack members of my clan again. I think there is a bug since they should not be able to for 13 days after ending the peace treaty. Can some one please look into this. thanks.
Dátum: 2010.04.03. 20:42:07
I think this is the best place to post this, but I could be wrong. I just got a new quest and have been working on it. this is quest.

Deal critical damage 20 times!

Personally this quest is very vague and when I say that I mean it doesn't say that only critical hits in duels count. And if you manage to crit twice in the duel it only counts as one time for the counter. I have tried it with epic battles and dimensional gate battles and only the duels count, but technically it doesn't say that, nor does it say only one 1 crit in the duel will count. I have no complaints if this is the way it is suppose to be, it would just be nice if it said most of this to begin with. Thanks
Dátum: 2010.03.30. 06:14:48
This question should be changed.
What planet is Princess Leia from?
Tatooine
Alderaan
Coruscant
Naboo
She was raised on Alderaan, but was born shortly after the her fathers battle on mustafar, no where near Alderaan. A simple solution would be to change the question to which planet was Princess Leia raised on? Then it won't be wrong. I write this to make the question correct yet I doubt anyone will do anything about it, since that is usually the case.
Dátum: 2010.03.26. 03:44:38
I agree that it should be added to that page I am sure it was meant to be added just got forgotten about. But also as far as the rules for quoz question writing state there is nothing that states that questions about the game have to be in the description page. It use to, but that was back when the game first started. Technically i could write this question and it would not be wrong.

How many correct questions must you answer before you can write your own?
100 *mark this as correct

since the quiz page still says 100 correctly answered questions to get a chance to write your own. Even though it was set to 30 instead.
Dátum: 2010.03.23. 06:21:51
Here I did the leg work for the lazy people who play the game... post number 7 on the news forum

http://forum.doomlord.net/index.php/topic,6.0

follow the link lots of great info about the game.

on the log in page click on news archive. then this pops up.

Adventures (2010-01-13) The adventure system is now live! As soon as you reach level 40, you get a new button, Adventures. You can complete fun adventures for special rewards, or you can even write your own ones.
Dátum: 2010.03.23. 06:18:51
So you guys are admitting that you don't read the news posts on the log in page? Because it was right there and there have been lots of questions about this game that a 1st level wouldn't know. Considering I just reread the rules the other day and all it says is...

"Try to design questions to which any educated and intelligent player may answer. Do not ask ones that demand lexical knowledge (like dates) or that is known only by a special group (e.g. Magic the Gathering, comics etc.). " that is it. since the answer to my question can be found in the news section of the forums, and on the login page under the news portion then obviously even a level 1 would have access to it.
Dátum: 2010.03.23. 00:20:59
Can anyone tell me why this is considered a specialty question? Maybe one of you moderators?

At what level can you start doing adventures in the game Doomlord?

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

This is a perfect example of why the evaluators for this game are bad, and need to be replaced.
Dátum: 2010.02.26. 10:14:07
Just got this question

When do you use CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)?

When a person is choking
When a person is unconscious and has no heartbeat
When a person is unconscious and not breathing
When a person is unconscious but breathing

The answer the author gives is "When a person is unconscious and has no heartbeat." And while this is correct according to the mayo clinic CPR should also be perfromed when someone isn't breathing as well. So two of the anwers are correct. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/first-aid-cpr/FA00061
Oldal: 12345