Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - stekkos

Dátum: 2010.12.15. 05:43:28
I evaluated it the first time (the spelling was mentioned at my rejected questions topic also) I was a bit sceptic about the Isle of Man mentioned as a country but after searching a bit it does not sound as a wrong way to put it.

1. The island is not a member of the European Union, UK is
2. The island is not part of the United Kingdom, but its foreign relations and defence are the responsibility of the UK Government.
3. The island's own parliament and government have competence over all domestic matters
4. It issues its own notes, although the currency is the pound sterling

All these makes calling it a country quite ok by my opinion. If the evaluator of the second time cares to clarify it would be even more enlightening

And Petel87, knowing which was the first country to give women a right to vote is hardly specific knowleadge!
Dátum: 2010.12.15. 05:32:05
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.12.14. 19:26:24
What is not part of Canada?
Baffin Island
Victoria Island
North Island
Somerset Island

Not sure how this is useful knowledge

This question helps you learn 3 areas that are part of Canada. Now if someone does not care about geography then ofcourse it is not going to find this usefull. This does not cancell the fact that the question helps you learn something.
Dátum: 2010.12.15. 05:28:13
Is true the question has to include the word most. It was John, there is no real debate that has any grounds about that. But dark is right in regards to the question making it sound as if Jesus only loved him.
Dátum: 2010.12.14. 11:48:56
Which European country first gave women the vote in naional elections?

National
Dátum: 2010.12.14. 05:09:59
If you try searching for eclipses its hard. But if you consider multible eclipses means multiple moons, then Jupiter (63 moons) stands out as by far the most likely answer. Even if it does not, Earth is excluded immediately, then just search number of moons of other 3 (if a player has no idea). It comes up right away, and 63 vs 2 of Mars and 0 of Mercury leave no doubt what to answer
Dátum: 2010.12.13. 16:16:00
Idézet: langds - 2010.12.13. 02:33:41
ANything happening about mscheaty? aka (mspiggy)
within seconds of coming off safety i got hit. didnt have much on me because i wanted to see what would happen, a minute before i had 70k+ on me and bought stats. now the cheat hits me just out of safety with 9k on me

Noone is that good unless they are scripting or using some sort of bot or any other way she is cheating

I am not trying to support or accuse mspiggy but i am trying for a while now to stalk players just as they come out of safety and i found out is more than possible... I just scry hourly, calculate their rate of regeneration from 2 scans and then keep putting their name at the attack area (copy/paste) constantly and attack when the time is near. It works without cheating.
Dátum: 2010.12.13. 16:04:40
Whenever i try to attack the character Illuvatar in W1, the screen goes blank, and there is no battle in the previous battles tab. But when i go to hit him again, it says he has been attacked in the last 5min. I tried for 3 days now and always the same
Dátum: 2010.12.13. 05:13:04
Personally i pay for the game because i want all of my options available. I was buying crystal potions for AS, then reached repeatable quests and stopped since a combination of challanges and quests was more that enough in getting cp. + by increasing my abilities/skills it made the use of cp much less. Also i wasnt buying pet equipment, except maybe once for xp gain, due to the high AS cost. But then i got the relic for reducing the AS prices for pet equipment to half. So now i consider getting some. This 2 examples show that they are not trying to force AS spending, they give the chance to whoever whants to do things either faster, or without using se in some cases, to have that option.

On the other hand, ofcourse they want people to give money, who wouldnt? That is what supports the game. But i did a little reasearch in other browser games and this one is the only one by far that when it says you can play for free, it means it! No other game implements the ability to buy premium things in such a way that is purely optional. It does not give you such an advantage that will make the rest feel like second grade players. Any non paying can still compete and become the top in skills/abilities/duels/xp/etc.
Dátum: 2010.12.11. 11:51:04
FYI i messaged the quiz admin and asked to discuss these issues in order to see if any changes are possible
Dátum: 2010.12.11. 11:46:32
Lord Dracula was an actual person, ofcourse not a vampire as the legend says. He did exist though as human and the story goes to show how he became a vampire. So he still can be accepted as human
Dátum: 2010.12.11. 07:42:59
I said "dont go increasing an ability/skill just for the adventure" so i did not in any way tell you to change your way of game just so you can complete an adventure. I gave you my personal thought on what you could do. If it does not apply in your case then fine. Have in mind though that not being able to complete adventures could be a side effect of the development path you choose, so it is part of how you decided to play the game. However check this out:

http://web.me.com/loquacious_4ever/Tina/Adventures.html

That way you can know in advance how much chance you have in passing an adventure before you start it.

Other than that, changing the actual way the adventure system works is beyond my abilities. I decided to help you with these tips, no one forces you to accept any or all of them.
Dátum: 2010.12.11. 07:34:02
On a side note, you did get your question accepted after all
Dátum: 2010.12.11. 06:01:59
You are not supposed to use a lot of crystal points on an adventure. They should be the exception since adventures is a way to help you increase your abilities. Now ofcourse if an adventure is too much for you now, my personal way was to abandon it until i reach a better skill/ability level. In other words dont go increasing an ability/skill just for the adventure. Just pick out which you can do now and discard the rest for later
Dátum: 2010.12.11. 05:50:08
Ok quite a bit of new words i learned so far (grammar nazzi, thats priceless )

You 2 have lost the whole issue, trying to prove who is right in such a way makes you both wrong! A major reason why nothing is changed in the quiz is proven at the googleability poll. Barely 27 people voted and 264 views. We are talkning 14000+ players in W1 so that is just a mockery of a poll. Still as evaluators go we did take the sugestion seriously waiting for players to show what they want. Apparently they do not care or they love the quiz as it is.

So trading insults will not change a thing, only your blood pressure (salt does that also and is a much more tasty way mind you ) Players have to start caring as a group, since any change will affect all and for sure it will not satisfy them all. Imagine going through the trouble of accepting a very good suggestion from a player only to have 10 new complainers that liked the old way. Quiz needs renovation, i am very much in favor but i will say it again: With a dozen exceptions, no one else seems to care.
Ì think i had no reply on the issue. But i will ask again since a lot more yes has been added.
Dátum: 2010.12.07. 09:57:46
Idézet: ImLittleJon - 2010.12.06. 18:43:30
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.12.06. 14:42:34
Also it is not a question that would pass as general, billions of people do not even own a bilble

You're kidding, right? By that criteria, you would have to reject every single question.

If every single question was asking this kind of detail, yes. Is not a problem to ask questions about the Bible, but asking what book comes before another is not something that can b considered general trivia. Is the same with novels, we accept questions about any book but not about specifics of its story or characters.

@V3ng3nc3x: The problem with your question was that you needed to know who Gallagher is, what he does, who the rest are, what they do (or more specific what they are most known for), and then find out who fits the description of the question. Its a lot of info to ask about.
Dátum: 2010.12.06. 14:57:46
Phaedrus, Technically you are right but the main people ruling the empires are often and without objection used as a reference to the empire itself. I have seen many times the answer to the question "What was the empire that streched from Britain to Persian Gulf called" being the Romans.
Dátum: 2010.12.06. 14:52:54
After seeing Lord destiny win the championship 10 times in a row (W1), i would say random is there only if the players are actually closer than they think. How else can he win so many times if his supirior abilities and skills did not always count? Piggy is right, random might be a fact but that is because you are not as far appart in power from the players you usually duel as you may think.
Dátum: 2010.12.06. 14:45:04
In reference to famous comedians, watermelons are to Gallagher just like prop comedy is to?

Most people wouldnt know what you mean, let along connect the Gallagher smashing watermelons metaphor to Carrot top!
Dátum: 2010.12.06. 14:42:34
In the Bible's New Testament, which book comes before Revelations?

Various translations have different ways of placing the books. Also it is not a question that would pass as general, billions of people do not even own a bilble