Felhasználónév: Jelszó:
Szerző
Topic neve: Quiz errors
averageElfieNő
Végzetúr poronty
5 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Quiz errors
2221. hozzászólás - 2010.12.11. 02:17:45 (Válasz Ferociter #1492 hozzászólására.)
"Tetahedron" in Greek means 4 edges
Pontszám: 3
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2222. hozzászólás - 2010.12.11. 03:54:41 (Válasz Elfie #2214 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Elfie - 2010.12.10. 12:39:47
I was tought the planets in elementary school. But please, check yourself and let me know if I'm the one who is wrong here and the question is correct: http://nineplanets.org/

Keep searhing...In of August 2006, at a meeting of the International Astronomical Union, Pluto was voted to be demoted from planet status to "dwarf planet" because it and its moon are part of a sea of other objects that occupy the same region of space.

From a news article:
The word "planet" originally described wanderers of the sky that moved against the relatively fixed background of star. Pluto, discovered in 1930, was at first thought to be larger than it is. It has an eccentric orbit that crosses the path of Neptune and also takes it well above and below the main plane of the solar system.
Recent discoveries of other round, icy object in Pluto's realm have led most astronomers to agree that the diminutive world should never have been termed a planet.
Pontszám: 5.33
hatedpetel87
Végzetúr poronty
109 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2223. hozzászólás - 2010.12.11. 08:12:17 (Válasz adonies #2209 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: adonies - 2010.12.10. 10:12:07
Idézet: Elfie - 2010.12.09. 18:56:16
I came across with a question asking "Which of the following is a planet". I don't remember the other options but two of them were "Pluto" and "Mercury". Last time I checked, both Pluto and Mercury were planets. So...

Idézet: petel87 - 2010.12.09. 19:14:01
... so check again

I checked as well and they're both planets! What's your source in that?

According to International Astronomical Union:

http://www.iau.org/public_press/news/detail/iau0603/
http://www.iau.org/static/archives/images/screen/iau0603a.jpg

Pluto is a dwarf planet and can not be classified as a planet for one simple reason: it has not cleared its neighbouring region of planetesimals.
Pontszám: 5
much likedSpin
Végzetúr poronty
83 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2224. hozzászólás - 2010.12.11. 08:57:58
After trying 10's of thousands of different elements, what finally managed to burn for over 300 hours, bringing in the age of the electric light?

I have a problem with this question. The part that says 10's of thousands of different elements.... This is wrong, considering there is only 115 known elements as of the time I am writing this, and some of them were not known back when the age of electric light was ushered in. How could any one of tried 10's of thousands of them. I think the writer meant 10's of thousands of combinations of elements, and that would make the question correct. Otherwise it is wrong pure and simple.
likeddark22Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
247 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2225. hozzászólás - 2010.12.11. 09:02:04
You are right, specially with the correct answer being some sort of card board if I recall the question correctly. Last time I checked cardboard was not an element (and I m chemist:)
much likedSpin
Végzetúr poronty
83 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2226. hozzászólás - 2010.12.11. 09:02:31 (Válasz Elfie #2214 hozzászólására.)
Lol did you even bother to read the website you posted as your example Elfie? Click on Pluto, which mind you is also listed under the dwarf planets category on the first page. The first sentence explances that Pluto was reclassified as a dwarf planet. Haha I love people who click on the first link on the internet that they think says what they want. Next time you defend you position try doing something called RESEARCH they teach that when you get out of elementary school.
Pontszám: 2.33
irritatingadonies
Végzetúr poronty
46 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2227. hozzászólás - 2010.12.11. 10:34:34
Which band is playing with Bruce Springsteen's ?

The Sunshine band
Nirvana
Double Trouble
The E-Street band <-- correct

The question should be rewritten.
irritatingadonies
Végzetúr poronty
46 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2228. hozzászólás - 2010.12.11. 10:35:39
How many naturally radioactive elements are known as of May 2010 ?

9 <--- marked as correct

http://www.hps.org/publicinformation/ate/q661.html
How many naturally occuring radioactive elements exist and what are they?
Natural radioactivity originates from extraterrestrial sources as well as from radioactive elements in the earth's crust. About 340 nuclides have been found in nature, and more than 60 of these are radioactive. All elements having an atomic number greater than 80 possess radioactive isotopes, and all isotopes of elements heavier than number 83 are radioactive. The natural radioactivity of the earth includes three major categories. Primordial radionuclides have half-lives sufficiently long that they have survived since their creation. Secondary radionuclides are derived from radioactive decay of the primordials. Cosmogenic radionuclides are continuously produced by bombardment of stable nuclides by cosmic rays, primarily in the atmosphere. Some human-made radionuclides persist in the environment, but these are not "natural." A much larger number of radioactive isotopes than now exist were produced when the matter of which the universe is formed first came into being several billion years ago, but most of them have decayed out of existence. The primordial radionuclides which now exist are those that have half-lives at least comparable to the age of the universe. Radioisotopes with half-lives of less than about 108 years have become undetectable in the 30 or so half-lives since their creation, whereas radionuclides with half-lives greater than 1010 years have decayed very little up to the present time. More detailed information on natural radionuclides, including lists of individual radionuclides, can be found in the book Environmental Radioactivity, Merril Eisenbud and Tom Gesell, Academic Press, San Diego, 1997, and on the Idaho State University sponsored Web site: Radioactivity in Nature. Tom Gesell
averageSacrosanctFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
55 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2229. hozzászólás - 2010.12.11. 10:39:32
just got this question

"which of the following fiction characters is not human"

some answers given were

White Fang (marked correct)
Lord Dracula (this is ALSO CORRECT)

so the question needs to be re written. Lord Dracula USED to be human, but stopped being human the minute he became undead, thus no longer being human, but becoming something different entirely.
I am the Dragon!!! Before you you RIGHTLY Tremble!
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2230. hozzászólás - 2010.12.11. 11:46:32 (Válasz Sacrosanct #2229 hozzászólására.)
Lord Dracula was an actual person, ofcourse not a vampire as the legend says. He did exist though as human and the story goes to show how he became a vampire. So he still can be accepted as human
A hozzászólást stekkos módosította 2010.12.11. 11:48:56-kor
Pontszám: 8.33
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2231. hozzászólás - 2010.12.11. 14:12:57
How many alphabets are in Gurmukhi ?
Twenty Six (26)
Thirty Six (36)
Thirty Seven (37
Thirty Five (35)

A good question, but as it is formulated, it's wrong. There is only one Gurmukhi alphabet but there are 35 characters, so the question should be: "How many characters are there in the Gurmukhi alphabet?" (or script)
Pontszám: 7.50
averageElfieNő
Végzetúr poronty
5 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2232. hozzászólás - 2010.12.11. 19:08:58 (Válasz petel87 #2223 hozzászólására.)
thanks
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2233. hozzászólás - 2010.12.12. 13:24:13
What is the name of the snake which is considered to be the most dangerous and feared species in Africa from Egypt to South Africa?
Black Mamba <- marked as correct
Egyptian Cobra
Ringhals
Puff Adder <- some sources say it's this one

Depending on the source the most feared snake in Africa is either the Black Mamba (Dendroaspis polylepis) or the Puff Adder (Bitis arietans), but neither of them lives in Egypt. The Black Mamba is the most venomous while the Puff Adder is responsible for the most deaths.

Babies are born without what?
Elbows
Eye Lids
Shoulders
Knee caps <- marked as correct

Babies are normally born with kneecaps. Kneecaps only start to turn bony (ossify) at 3 years of age, before that they are made of cartilage.
There is a condition known as 'Nail Patella Syndrome' where a baby could be born without kneecaps. Source: http://www.doctorslounge.com/pediatrics/forums/backup/topic-5896.html
A hozzászólást MartinBV módosította 2010.12.12. 13:42:07-kor
Pontszám: 7.67
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2234. hozzászólás - 2010.12.12. 17:38:41
Who was "Auntie Mame"?
Bea Arthur
Rosalind Russell <- marked as correct
Lucille Ball
Charol Channing
This question need a little more detail, "Auntie Mame" is a fictional Character from a 1958 film by the same name, her "real" name is "Mame Dennis" and she's played by Rosalind Russell. The film, in turn, is based on a 1955 novel by the same name. The question should thus be: "Who played "Auntie Mame" in the 1958 film by the same name?" or something similar.
irritatingadonies
Végzetúr poronty
46 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2235. hozzászólás - 2010.12.12. 18:55:03
Motorola, Inc. is best known for which electronic device?

Washing machines
Electronic lighters
wireless telephone handsets <-- marked as correct
Electronic shavers

Actually, at this point in time they're best known for their "mobile" (or "cellular") phones, which is not the same as "wireless telephone handsets". This question definitely needs a date as well.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2236. hozzászólás - 2010.12.12. 19:10:42
What is the study of meaning?
Semantics
Secularity

Semantics is listed correct, but it could easily be Secularity - given that religion is often considered the search for meaning. Since the question does not specify language, this question is rather ambiguous.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2237. hozzászólás - 2010.12.12. 19:16:54 (Válasz stekkos #2230 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.12.11. 11:46:32
Lord Dracula was an actual person, ofcourse not a vampire as the legend says. He did exist though as human and the story goes to show how he became a vampire. So he still can be accepted as human

Still, really ambiguous since the question asks "which of the following fiction characters is not human"

Dracula WAS human, but not IS human (meaning permanently human). Kick it.
popularFriendlyCheese
Végzetúr poronty
239 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2238. hozzászólás - 2010.12.13. 09:46:32
in the rulse section, what is the fourth subject down?
Your character
Story
The game
Relics

I have been playing this game for ages and never found a 'rulse' section anywhere.
A hozzászólást FriendlyCheese módosította 2010.12.13. 12:08:12-kor
popularFriendlyCheese
Végzetúr poronty
239 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2239. hozzászólás - 2010.12.13. 09:56:49
Just had the question about which fairy story was NOT written by the Brothers Grimm.

The correct answer was given as 'Beauty and the Beast'.

However, one of the other answers was given as 'Cinderella'. The Brothers Grimm did not create 'Cinderella'. They may have adapted their own version of it but certainly can not be given writing credits for it.

Cinderella stories have existed for thousands of years and the name was first used hundreds of years before the Grimm version.

Please remove this question.
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2240. hozzászólás - 2010.12.13. 17:04:01 (Válasz FriendlyCheese #2238 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: FriendlyCheese - 2010.12.13. 09:46:32
in the rulse section, what is the fourth subject down?
Your character
Story
The game
Relics

I have been playing this game for ages and never found a 'rulse' section anywhere.

On the left side there are a number of sections, way down there's one named, "Misc" The third of the menu options there is "Rules"
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!