Topic neve: My quiz question was rejected
public enemyV3nG3nC3XFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
54 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: My quiz question was rejected
1241. hozzászólás - 2010.12.08. 18:55:36
"In which city can be Regent's Park found?"

Is an actual question in the game and I just want to give props (That's high praise) to the, God bless them, evaluator that went ahead and deemed this a worthy question. Although the sentence structure is all wrong and doesn't make a bit of sense, it was allowed to take it's place along side the finest of questions where it had made its way to me. I suppose it was fate really because not only did I get one rejected because I didn't capitalize the first word in the sentence,which they classify and label as a spelling mistake and rightfully so i might add- spelling-, then just to let me know I better get with their program I got temporarily banned from writing questions for I have no idea why. But this question lets me know they (those that evaluate and ban me) are indeed fair and justice is equally dealt. Paramount gentlemen and gentle-ladies, I appreciate your attention to me when I have made even the smallest of mistakes so I don't have to look at a question like that and know I did it. Good job also of thinking ahead and leaving questions riddled with mistake in the game so we can have examples, bravo, bravo!!
Trust is a knife given as a gift but felt being returned it in your back later. Pull it out so you can return the favor or lay there and bleed to death
Pontszám: 4.50
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1242. hozzászólás - 2010.12.09. 04:26:08 (Válasz V3nG3nC3X #1226 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: V3nG3nC3X - 2010.12.06. 14:57:53
From your explanation I can get a question rejected because I didn't capitalize the first word in a sentence? That would be a good reason if it wasn't for the fact I've seen several questions that failed to do so also. That really isn't a spelling mistake so much as it is an improper sentence structure, correct? If the reason given is a generalized response shouldn't there be a message with a more specific reason as to what the evaluator was referring to? Instead of wasting my time looking for a misspelled word and finding none, which leads to frustration, a simple message attached saying "Please make sure the first F@#%#% word to your question is capitalized.". How hard would that be? Maybe the evaluators get a kick from the frustration they create.

For some unknown reason this is acknowledged by all sides as a positive element to build in - yet here we are, more a year later (I first suggested this before I quit World 1 in frustration over the Quiz bullshit) - and it still can't happen.
Pontszám: 5
likeddark22Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
247 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1243. hozzászólás - 2010.12.09. 04:55:29
Don't get me wrong but if you can't see that your first letter is not capitalized then stop writing questions. There are only few possible answers for refusing question. Capitalize the fucking first letter is not one of them cause it is quite obvious.
Evaluators such as stekkos lose time and time explaining why they rejected a question then little smurf like yourself comes around and shits on them.
Is this quiz perfect? Big no. Is it good and straightfoward enough for people to understand how to get past few kinks it has? Yes.

There will always be mistakes, deal with it or find another game.
If you have not been in situation to lose earned quiz medal because 49th question you got in quiz had wrong answer marked as correct than you don't know what real frustration is.

I hate when my question is rejected for spelling, then when I fix it it gets rejected again for ambiguos/ specific group thingy. 1st evaluator has to chck both instead of losing double time for me and him/her.

That is what is called constructive criticism. What you did was bad mouthing from frustration.
Pontszám: 4.67
Végzetúr poronty
54 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1244. hozzászólás - 2010.12.09. 12:56:31 (Válasz dark22 #1243 hozzászólására.)
"There are only few possible answers for refusing question. Capitalize the fucking first letter is not one of them cause it is quite obvious."

Yeah and so is putting an "a" before "few" and an "s" on "question" but you didn't. Next time you feel you can correct me and curse at me with your rhetoric and bauble don't clutter up the forum, send it to me in a message so I don't have to embarrass you for all to see.
While it might be obvious to capitalize the first word, it is equally obvious English is not your first language and if it is you have no room to correct me. If you want to pick me apart make sure you spell check first, you would be able to fix the word "chck". There is also another thing you should understand, "1st" is an improper way to start a sentence, First is better.

I hope you paid attention, because that was constructive criticism without cursing. Not that hard is it? Instead of acting and looking like a jackass a simple message with your opinion would have got your point across. You want to call me out and curse at me, well pussy here I am. That goes for anyone else who would like to give me their insight, send it to me in a message or I'll punk you in front of everyone also. Forum boards are not for personal discussions, that is what should be obvious. Enough said.
Trust is a knife given as a gift but felt being returned it in your back later. Pull it out so you can return the favor or lay there and bleed to death
Pontszám: 2.33
hatedpetel87
Végzetúr poronty
109 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1245. hozzászólás - 2010.12.09. 15:15:11
Sometimes reading this topic is more fun than the actual game. The level of frustration shown by some underage "I speak english as first language" people reaches insanity. It is a pity that so often they are ignoring the point and reach for interpersonal arguments. I would like to propose to implement a new rule to people who are posting new quiz questions. Prior to adding a question they should agree to a statement which says that they are willing to accept a fact that their questions might be rejected many times for multiple reasons that they may not be happy with.
I am not being sarcastic, it would work just like due dilligence in terms of phiantrophy and it would save us dozens of unnecessary comments.
I am as well suprised by dark22 that he/she still bothers to answer to some posts here knowing that all he/she can achieve is a response full of frustration. Keep up good work dark22, even if in this case it was not worth to bother.
Pontszám: 8.33
likeddark22Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
247 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1246. hozzászólás - 2010.12.09. 22:07:44 (Válasz V3nG3nC3X #1244 hozzászólására.)
You just don't get it do you? My spelling in forum is not in question, my ability to get my questions passed is. If I can get it with such poor spelling and grammar nazzi like you can't due to spelling, what does that say about your general IQ?

Thank you , sit down and stroke your e-peen on someone elses behalf.
Végzetúr poronty
54 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1247. hozzászólás - 2010.12.11. 03:11:09 (Válasz dark22 #1246 hozzászólására.)
And apparently you don't read very well either, I told you to send a message and not clutter up the forum. Who's IQ should be in question? The fact that you are so proud of getting your quiz questions passed with poor spelling and grammar just supports my argument that approval is given based on how well the evaluator is feeling that day, that and I'm sure you're some kind of ass kisser suck up.
If I were the spelling and grammar Nazi (the correct spelling by the way) you accuse me of being I seriously doubt I would get questions denied, right?!? Once again, you have made no sense, failed to support whatever your argument or issue is with me, and clutter up the forum with your idiotic banter.
If you pull reeeeaaal hard from your waist eventually you'll hear a loud "POP", that's what you're looking for ok, it's your head coming out of your ass, now you can pay attention.
You're the one who invited yourself into this conversation, i didn't seek you out or ask for your incoherent opinion, remember who started what with who first. Don't troll and you wont get wrecked! Enough said!
Pontszám: 4
Végzetúr poronty
54 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1248. hozzászólás - 2010.12.11. 03:11:17 (Válasz dark22 #1246 hozzászólására.)
And apparently you don't read very well either, I told you to send a message and not clutter up the forum. Who's IQ should be in question? The fact that you are so proud of getting your quiz questions passed with poor spelling and grammar just supports my argument that approval is given based on how well the evaluator is feeling that day, that and I'm sure you're some kind of ass kisser suck up.
If I were the spelling and grammar Nazi (the correct spelling by the way) you accuse me of being I seriously doubt I would get questions denied, right?!? Once again, you have made no sense, failed to support whatever your argument or issue is with me, and clutter up the forum with your idiotic banter.
If you pull reeeeaaal hard from your waist eventually you'll hear a loud "POP", that's what you're looking for ok, it's your head coming out of your ass, now you can pay attention.
You're the one who invited yourself into this conversation, i didn't seek you out or ask for your incoherent opinion, remember who started what with who first. Don't troll and you wont get wrecked! Enough said!
likeddark22Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
247 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1249. hozzászólás - 2010.12.11. 04:20:53
If you were my superior in any way than I might consider taking you up on that offer, but since you re clearly not, I don't see why should your wishes be taken as relevant seeing that you are irrelevant person.
Since we are guessing which kind of person other one is (ass kisser, really? I d say that you re 6 y/o dude who will always get into arguments because he does not understand where to put his energy. If you had spent just a fraction of time to actually make a decent question instead of trying to troll me so desperately this would not even be an issue.

But you are right (sadly petel is as well) as this conversation is not leading anywhere, and its time to end it.
But feel free to try to continue it cause my instincts are telling me that you are type of person who likes to have a final word in any conversation.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1250. hozzászólás - 2010.12.11. 05:50:08
Ok quite a bit of new words i learned so far (grammar nazzi, thats priceless )

You 2 have lost the whole issue, trying to prove who is right in such a way makes you both wrong! A major reason why nothing is changed in the quiz is proven at the googleability poll. Barely 27 people voted and 264 views. We are talkning 14000+ players in W1 so that is just a mockery of a poll. Still as evaluators go we did take the sugestion seriously waiting for players to show what they want. Apparently they do not care or they love the quiz as it is.

So trading insults will not change a thing, only your blood pressure (salt does that also and is a much more tasty way mind you ) Players have to start caring as a group, since any change will affect all and for sure it will not satisfy them all. Imagine going through the trouble of accepting a very good suggestion from a player only to have 10 new complainers that liked the old way. Quiz needs renovation, i am very much in favor but i will say it again: With a dozen exceptions, no one else seems to care.
A hozzászólást stekkos módosította 2010.12.11. 05:51:05-kor
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1251. hozzászólás - 2010.12.11. 07:15:49
Peter Murphy fronted what band, which is genreally considered the pioneers of Goth Rock?
Bauhaus
Love & Rockets
Depeche Mode
Skinny Puppy

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
Spelling mistakes in question or answers.

Yes, after posting the question twice (and having it be rejected twice), I now see the spelling error - ONLY because I posted it in this forum, and the FFox spellcheck found it. Otherwise, I would just be a(nother) pissed off user.

GET THE FUCKING REASON BOX FOR DECLINED QUESTIONS IMPLEMENTED NOW!!!

And yet ANOTHER proof why it is beyond retarded to prevent Evaluators from correcting questions on the fly.

I am just so sick of shit like this.
Pontszám: 3
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1252. hozzászólás - 2010.12.11. 07:34:02
On a side note, you did get your question accepted after all
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1253. hozzászólás - 2010.12.11. 07:44:27 (Válasz stekkos #1252 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.12.11. 07:34:02
On a side note, you did get your question accepted after all

Yes, but imagine how much happier I would have been if:

a) There was a little box that said "Rejected for spelling - check "generally"
-or-
b) An evaluator could say "Well, a simple little oops. There all fixed now."

Are the simplest options truly not the best ones? Is customer satisfaction truly that low a priority for the company that exists (assumedly) to make money? This game does a lot of things well. But the mind-numbing stupidity around a lot of areas is truly baffling.

And where the hell has Kethos been for the last month+?
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1254. hozzászólás - 2010.12.11. 08:11:26 (Válasz Viridel #1253 hozzászólására.)
Viridel, you should politely list this example in the suggestions forum. I'm not sure if the developers pay attention to the quiz sections. The evaluators that watch these ones agree with you, but we have no power to change it. I can get just as frustrated over rejecting the same question repeatedly for simple problems. I have to bite my tongue and accept the multitude of capitalization/punctuation errors in otherwise good questions even though I see a player here and there posting in the quiz errors thread that they are also annoyed with them. If I rejected them, there would be even more angry players, but there would be a lot more happy players, if we could either fix it, or message them back how to fix it before we accept it.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1255. hozzászólás - 2010.12.11. 11:51:04 (Válasz ChaoticGemini #1254 hozzászólására.)
FYI i messaged the quiz admin and asked to discuss these issues in order to see if any changes are possible
very popularFurlozza
Végzetúr poronty
121 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1256. hozzászólás - 2010.12.12. 11:24:16
Attempt #1:

After whom is the window style "palladian" named?

Andrea Palladio
Andrew Palladian
Andrea Palladium
Palladio Windoctus

Attempt #2

In Architecture, the Palladian Window is named after .....?

Andrea Palladio
Andrew Palladian
Andrea Palladium
Palladio Windoctus

The correct answer is indeed ANDREA PALLADIO. Proof? Go to wikipedia and type in either Palladian window or Andrea Palladio. He was Italian, lived in the 17th Century. (Okay winductus ain't a word, but who wants not to smile at the odd question.)

So my question is this:

Could I have a living breathing human being validate this question or at least tell me just how I go about it as this is my first attempt, and if humour/quirkiness and intelligence are not appreciated, then I shall not bother with another attempt. So much for one about the Guggenheim Museum in New York, or its Spanish cousin.
The ONLY Wombat on W3
Pontszám: 7.50
likeddark22Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
247 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1257. hozzászólás - 2010.12.12. 11:49:01
http://architecture.about.com/od/buildingparts/g/palladian.htm

1st one was maybe bit badly phrased but still I don't see major spelling mistake in both of them.
It doesn't matter how wrongly are bad answers spelled as long the question and right answers are correct.
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1258. hozzászólás - 2010.12.12. 15:58:58 (Válasz Furlozza #1256 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Furlozza - 2010.12.12. 11:24:16
After whom is the window style "palladian" named?

Andrea Palladio
Andrew Palladian
Andrea Palladium
Palladio Windoctus

Only the evaluator(s) who rejected your attempts can tell you for sure what their reasoning was. But a lot of times the spelling status is used for reasons other than spelling, due to the fact that it doesn't use up one of your questions. So my guess is the real issue is that your wrong answers are too similar to the correct one. I would keep the one where Palladio was the first name instead of the last name, throw in a Pallas Athena, and then one more where the first name is completely unrelated to the correct first name. You might still end up getting a "too special" rejection, though, as your question is rather obscure.
Végzetúr poronty
54 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1259. hozzászólás - 2010.12.12. 17:23:03 (Válasz dark22 #1249 hozzászólására.)
Unlike you to just continue beating a dead horse.
Pontszám: 1.80
Végzetúr poronty
54 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1260. hozzászólás - 2010.12.13. 07:45:52 (Válasz dark22 #1249 hozzászólására.)
How many teeth has a bear ?

Was this one yours? Honest to god, true question in the quiz. lolz
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!