Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Phalanxii

Oldal: 1234567891011
Dátum: 2011.01.15. 17:02:12
If you're bidding on an item, you should receive a notification if you are overbid. This could be in your events, or a separate box in the misc tab (this page could lead you to all your bidding history, your current bids or whatever).

It should apply to the auction house as well as the treasury (too many times I see a player bid 1 TP over another player and win the item because the other player doesn't realize or something similar)
Dátum: 2011.01.11. 00:10:22
http://doomlord.wikia.com/wiki/Energy_harness

(EH * opponents level * 0.2)*bonus from CA = threshold for EH gain
* If you have EH 50, opponent level 60, CA 50
* (50*60*0.2)*2 = 1200 SE minimum

First of all I should note that EH isn't boosted by items unless you have access to the energy master AAC.

If you had energy master 2 and a bloodsucker relic, you would get 10% bonus to your SE. The key thing is there is no addition in the calculation, meaning it makes no difference as to what order they come in. Therefore +10% = *1.1 (this makes sense to me, but I haven't actually tested it):
((50*60)*0.2)*2)*1.1
is the same as
50*60*0.2*2*1.1
So you get 1200 * 1.1 = 1320

I have tested the formula before and it's always come out right (though like I said, not tested it with bonus's from relics).
Dátum: 2011.01.10. 23:50:35
Builders choose to sacrifice certain aspects of the game (buying new weapons, dimension gates, adventures, dueling, entity battles) as it is a game strategy that they take with the intention of winning. Their ultimate goal is surely the ability to defeat everyone in a duel? They sacrifice losing the championships now with the idea they will win them all in the future.

I don't think events should be for builders particularly, there's no competition in building. When the servers mature even more, the number of builders will reduce and most players will be fighters, making the events designed for builders obsolete.

I've read the many complaints about the championship; people think it's ridiculous and the outcome is resolved by the toss of a coin instead of statistics. Even so, we all enjoy taking part, an event is an event!

Instead of having a championship in a split second, why not have it over the course of a week? The event would be a burst of activity and it only draws from already implemented ideas (map pieces = filled totems, leaderboards like zarknod, knockout system like the championship)

Not heard an event suggested from the players for a while so I thought I'd kick start something anyway

EDIT: oops I just realized I posted this in the wrong thread, but since I can't delete posts I'll leave it here.
Dátum: 2011.01.10. 19:38:49
How about you can manaconstruct twice per day, once for the event and once for your clan? To avoid fighters getting an extra build point per day for level 1 manaconstruct, could you scale it? So at manaconstruct 50, you get the full build point, but at manaconstruct 25, you get half a build point, even if you use the full amount of SP.

Or, you could do the average manaconstruction; for levels 55-60 it could be 30k a day, 30k = 1 build point. If a player has above average and builds 90k a day, that's 3 points. If a player builds 1k, that's 1/30th of a build point.
Dátum: 2011.01.10. 18:49:17
New event idea:
The enemy masses all of it's strength and manages to partially possess every doomlord in the game.

As a result, all doomlords (apart from clan members) can attack each other until the event
finishes.

If you win a duel, you have a chance to target the enemy part in your opponent, destroying it.

After destroying it, you can use an empty totem (bought for 5 duel points from the soul-huckster) to trap the enemy in.

There is a chance to find an empty totem during hunts (2%)

(If you win a challenge, you have the same chance to target the enemy part, but you destroy 1/3rd of it, partially filling a totem.)

Once you cleanse your opponent of the enemy, she/he goes back to normal and is knocked out of the competition (cannot collect any more totems and is prohibited from attacking their horde).

You can buy a relic that gives you a 5% chance to steal a totem in a successful duel (costs 2 filled totems)

After 1 week, the person carrying the most totems are the best fighters/tacticians so they receive the greatest prize.

There are three leaderboards:
The ones that won the most duels
The ones that finished with the most totems
The clan that has the most totems in total

Everyone that takes part receives a totem charm (hatred of horde + 10 (goes over max))
If you finish on one of the leaderboards, you receive +5% SE from duels/+5 to your skills during challenges (your choice)- unless it's the clan leaderboard
If your clan comes top, the prize is each member gains (level/2) absorption (does not increase over time)
If you're top of the list, you receive +10% SE from duels/+10 to your skills during challenges and tests

If you like it but some of the stats (prizes too generous, chance to get totem too small, too imbalanced for duelers/hunters) then please state exactly what you think should happen (I think developers are more likely to take an idea if it has confident and defined values).
Dátum: 2011.01.10. 16:52:29
Even though it's been in my signature for a while, thought I'd make a comment:
http://doomlord.wikia.com/wiki/Doomlord_Wiki
A long way to go on it, but it's getting there bit by bit

Miklos, would it be an idea to edit your post summarizing the sites so people can get the info they need straight away?
Dátum: 2011.01.09. 23:47:57
Idézet: Inv_ - 2011.01.09. 22:43:29
anyway I'm quite done with this. It's clear that the devs are not reading it and unless there are some stupid posts that require my attention, I won't reply here anymore.

I think that's an unfair comment, it's not the developers job to read these posts, it's the forum mods (which I'm certain are reading this topic regularly). The mods report back to the devs with a list of to do things and really, there has been nothing mods can comment on until the devs get back to them with the findings. The only thing worth taking down from the last 20 posts would be to take into account the building benefits from MsPiggy (if found guilty) which I'm sure they would've accounted for anyway.
Dátum: 2011.01.09. 13:42:41
When does the second crystal horde come? When there are another 35 players over level 50?

When they come back after the 7 defeats, do they come back at a higher level (I notice on world 1 there is 1 clan hovering around the 50-60 and another around 80) or is it the second clan that replicates the top players again?

Edit: how long does it take for them to come back after their 7th defeat?
Dátum: 2011.01.09. 01:13:44
Idézet: Cruel01 - 2011.01.09. 00:03:11

The original message said "Each category gets an epic opponent to defeat. If they win, they can help the next higher category. If that is dead as well, they can help the next lower category, etc." So I thought all players in one category would fight the same epic creature. Isn't it the case?

That was my understanding too.

Thanks for the updates
Dátum: 2011.01.09. 00:52:29
Idézet: ImLittleJon - 2011.01.08. 14:56:29
They have demonstrated that they are barely aware of what gets said here, and they don't generally care. They took action based on whatever they saw in 2 months of logs. They did care enough to start collecting the logs.

Likewise, I don't know why anyone would expect any further explanation from them than what we've had. They don't really engage much.

Here's what I think is the explanation (making lots of assumptions)
We, on the international servers are their overtime. Every word we post has to be processed and translated to them and the once fun game becomes the chore you hate doing. I don't blame them whatsoever; they developed the game on the Hungarian servers where they have friends. Now we're fairly established, the servers are self-sustaining. If they expanded their company, got some international mods, worked on their advertisements, the company could flourish. Why they're not doing that, I don't know, maybe some hidden limitations or they're bringing out a new game or something. I can't imagine money is the problem since our servers just get the translated version of the already tested Hungarian servers... But yes, it's not the mods fault, it's the companies for putting them in an environment outside of their comfort zone.

Alternatively, there could be lots of stuff going on behind the scenes. New ad campaigns, interviews, upcoming updates etc. and we're just kept out of the loop due to the language barrier. However, it doesn't feel that way to me (and apparently most of the community).
Dátum: 2011.01.08. 22:44:16
68.83% Complete the rule: I before E except after ____.

Proving that 31.17% of Doomlord users are illiterate.

There are more exceptions to the rule than there are examples by a significant amount... it was primary school knowledge, but they've stopped teaching it because of that exact reason! That might be the result of the poor answer rate anyway...

I'm amazed that this question got less than 100%
The prefix 'bi' relates to what number?
91.51%
Dátum: 2011.01.08. 19:14:49
Which person wasn't a famous Dutch painter ?
Johannes Vermeer
Jan Steen
Joost van den Vondel
Frans Hals

I can see why it got through since it's not difficult and the question is interesting, but I'm sure I've read that no questions with a 'which is not' part to it are banned?
Dátum: 2011.01.08. 01:24:01
Can you have multiple Medal of Dooms, and will their effects stack?

Are the Focus Crystals removable (like relic crystals)?

You can have more than 1 building medal and I see no reason why they wouldn't stack (I can't confirm it but there is nothing against it)

The focus crystals can't be removable otherwise they would surely only offer 1? If it were removable, there is a massive imbalance in the prizes.

I thought hard about if it should be removable but I think this is more an event that is designed to get enjoyment out of participating, rather than the rewards at the end. It rewards you constantly throughout, unlike zarknod which was a massive drain. One of those events which is fun to do, repeatable, offers small (but often) rewards.
Dátum: 2011.01.06. 22:54:29
http://doomlord.wikia.com/wiki/Hall_of_War

Not sure on the last point of that page though.

If you don't want the link, the formula is:
The bonus SE from winning battles but gaining little or no SE is calculated by: HoW level * 40% of damage caused - SE gained from the duel (includes energy harness)

(if anyone can verify that though, that would be great)
Dátum: 2011.01.06. 22:52:19
According to the hungarian wiki, grandmasterful architecture (not sure on the translation) boosts it to 30, so there must a third set of architecture to get ramparts/training grounds to level 35 (unless grandmasterful architecture is different on this server)
Dátum: 2011.01.06. 22:36:12
Does the +1% SE squeezing go over maximum like the building medal? That's hardly a fun stat at all if that is the case...deadly serious!

The space rift potion, you say it exchanges energy harness and disadvanced development and you can get 3, 6, 9, 12 pieces? Does that mean if you use the 12 pieces and you start from EH 50, you will end up with 12 DA and 38 EH? Or 12DA? Or something else?

I like the idea, seems well thought out to me.
Dátum: 2011.01.06. 18:05:00
Which of these is not an aircraft?
A10 Warthog
Jadpanther
Zeppelin
Concorde

A 'which is not question' I think.
Dátum: 2011.01.06. 17:14:58
Idézet: MartinBV - 2010.06.13. 14:32:49
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.06.03. 02:35:30
Who didn't appear in the Winnetou books?
Old Firehand
Old Shatterhand
Old Death
Old Rangerman

I thought these "who was NOT" questions were NOT being accepted anymore...

And besides, how are we to answer this question without reading the books? My search on the web only produced two of the names in conjunction with the books. Searching a bit more might produce the answer.

I did find the answer but it is still a bad question.
Dátum: 2011.01.05. 13:41:34
Which one of these was used in the six day war?
Anthrax
Napalm <--
Space laser
A nuke

Isn't this a little specific and a bit uninteresting? If it was napalms first use I might think it was a good question but it's not.
Dátum: 2011.01.03. 02:59:08
Idézet: ImLittleJon - 2010.11.07. 20:53:28
By far the most effective way to drive more traffic to these forums would be to feature them more in-game. Right now, all there is is the link in the sidebar and the link on the hunt page. What would be huge would be to put the last posts widget in the game. If the hunt page, instead of saying "While you are hunting, visit the forum!", it had this stuff:

This is the idea with the most potential in my opinion. Extending on your concept, instead of the most recent posts (which can sometimes be a little disappointing), you could have 3 or 4 'hot topics'. These could be anything like most posters, most viewed, hand picked by mods etc. That way, it would show the best the forum has to offer, and also the most active parts for new players to jump into. Please take this idea to the suggestion box because I think it will do a massive favour to the game and forums!

There is a fine line between educating players and spam. The mail out would have to be done perfectly to attract more players than it would put off so there is potential. I would suggest a one off mail when the player reaches level 5 (so they're interested in the game, they haven't had any mails regarding purchasing ancient stones lately, they've mastered the basics and want to learn more). Also, a little more emphasis on the forum wouldn't go amiss in the tutorial since you won't find an clan forum for a fair few more levels.

In terms of the community on the main forum, I think the traffic is all being held up in the clan forums. Players may ask a question, and the ones active on the main forum will be able to answer it, meaning they just cut off a player from the main forum. Whilst I think that is fantastic as it helps make a clan more... clanly, that is where most of the potential traffic goes.

I'm not sure on the rewarding players for posting, since it could very easily dilute the excellent quality of information we already have. I'm undecided how effective this would be, but rewarding a player with a berserker potion when they make 10 posts for the first time is an idea. After 10 posts, they are likely to be in a conversation or to post something worthwhile and it's unlikely they'll spam a whole 10 posts. Once a player makes the first 10 posts, they feel like part of the community as they see familiar faces and have contributed something.
There could also be a quest for registering on the forum (if possible to link our names to the in game characters).

And for the original question:
I think it's pretty well balanced! Hunters can use DP for crystal potions, duelers use AP for ducats. I think if anything, hunters have better usage, because they can use AP and DP and still develop as planned, whereas duelers can only use DP or else ruin their game.
Oldal: 1234567891011