Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Sbart

Dátum: 2011.01.23. 20:45:47
Idézet: petel87 - 2011.01.23. 20:12:56
Thank you all for your entertaining points. I would only like to add that it is only an assumption that the nickname is in spanish. I looked through a bit an your favourite word "puta" means mischievious in Catalan language, could be used as an inflection of the Latin word puto, it as well means foam in Lithuanian, hole in Maori, is a definite singular of word pute (which mean pillow) in Norwegian, could be a genitive of put in Scottish Gaelic or an adjective of word puto (rice cake) in Spanish.

Combined with "madre" it could literally mean anything in many many various languages (or combinations of these). I am hoping that whoever has anymore doubts can literally see what I am trying to point out.

And yet none of this addresses the point that puta is well known to mean whore in Spanish, and therefore people find it offensive. Does that mean that it can mean other, non-offensive things? No, of course not. But the original point, that the word is offensive to a lot of people, still stands.

Besides, I personally find it bad style coming from a person that complains that everyone else gives bad arguments to call other peoples points "entertaining" and say that it is other peoples "favourite word". To me that just means that you have run out of arguments and can´t argue for your point of view without trying to play the elitist know-it-all.

And just as a fotnote:
Catalan (Noun)
puta f. (plural putes)
1. (pejorative, vulgar) Prostitute, whore, slut.
2. mischievous

Maori (Noun)
puta
1. hole
2. anus

As you can see, in both cases you chose to use the meaning that supported your opinion, instead of presenting all possible meanings. As you can see, the word is easily offensive in both Catalan and Maori.
Dátum: 2011.01.23. 17:28:54
Idézet: petel87 - 2011.01.23. 15:55:26

Sbart -> I am right at this moment of discussion because nobody presented any valuable opinions regarding this topic. I personally do not care about citizenry opinion as in most cases it is simply incorrect. Just like your silly accusations.

Against better judgment I have to argue against that. A person was attack by another person in the game and found the attackers name, Putamadre offensive. You then argued that it is ok, because it is not in english and can therfore not be offensive. I can only consider that false logic. The person was offended, something that you cannot, idenpedently of arguments, change. Your argumets are based on that any word not in english is by nature inoffensive, since it has no meaning (in an english langue forum). But some words are not part of english, and yet are so well known that they can be argued to be offensive even when used in a conversation in english. I would personally argue that puta is such a word, and therefore should not be allowed to use under the Forum guidelines or Terms of use.
I could also argue that this is not the english version of Doomlord, but the internationall version of Doomlord. Sure, the langue to use in the forum is english, but there are people of many different nationalities playing this game and therefore one has to take care when naming characters or expressing views on this forum.

And before you wonder, do I think that it means that other inapropriate and/or offensive names should also be removed? The answer is yes, if the name uses a widely known offensive term, then I think it should be removed (the name, not the player, it would be simple enough to force a name change).
Dátum: 2011.01.23. 15:29:45
Idézet: petel87 - 2011.01.23. 11:54:39
Idézet: manunkind - 2011.01.23. 06:09:20
*scratches head* petel87, why on earth would you take that position? just because offensive language is more difficult to decipher for some doesn't make it ok.

Briefly speaking because I am right

So you are right? You know for a fact that people are not offended by reading that name? Interesting, it looks like petel is some kind of omisentient...or, maybe ImLittleJon is right. Petel behaves like an internet troll, stiring up the fire wherver he/she can and then pretending to be "righ" just because he/she says so.

If people are offended by names and/or what people say in the game, this is the place to write about it and complain.
Dátum: 2011.01.20. 15:00:19
Polyprotic acids are acids that can donate two or more protons in a chemical reaction. Which of these acids are polyprotic?

Sulfuric acid <-- Correct answer
Hydrochloric acid
Nitric acid
Formic acid

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"! According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

Ok, this is school chemistry, nothing special at all. The definition of polyprotic is even in the question. The first three acids are the major mineral acids that we all learn and the last is the simplest possible organic acid. Are we not allowed to ask questions that is part of what everyone should learn in school?
Dátum: 2011.01.19. 13:42:59
Idézet: quint - 2011.01.19. 13:30:50
Idézet: Cruel01 - 2011.01.19. 13:18:31
If you a dedicated hunter, you will lose your 8% trapping and the squeezes.

Actually, things have changed a bit compared to what was posted by Miklos here. You will be able to use trapping in the event.

Which is why it would be nice to actually get an update on how things are going to work. We can discussing things here all day, but if we don't get any information, all we can do is speculate.
Dátum: 2011.01.19. 11:54:52
Attacking for DP has its drawback as well, attacking for AP does not have any yet (but I will think about this).

I am actually wondering about this. Isn't there a drawback to attacking with AP (no Trapping means less SE/Hunt)? And will we actually attack with DP? How does the event work? Is it like Zarknod and there is a battle? If so, then we will be limited by our Stats (HP mainly) in how many attacks we can make per day, not if we have AP/DP or not.

So basically what I am asking is how does the Battle part of the event work? This actually influences the Building part, since we are trying to figure out if they are balanced against each other.
Dátum: 2011.01.18. 00:46:59
I think the point here is that there is a cost involved in using Duel points to attack the Xenos, since it will be like attacking a player with 0 SE (so you get some if you have Energy Harness).

And with the change to the Building part (you can build for SE as many times as you like), Mana-construction (if it is once/day for 1 Build point) is going to meaningless. If it is 1 Build point per X SE built, then it would make more sense, and there would definitely be a choice where to use it (Event or Clan building).

So attackers that do nothing different than they would normally do - attack. But you want builders to do something that they wouldn't usually do - sacrifice the clan for their personal benefit...

Attackers (I suppose this means duelers) would sacrifice something: Every DP they spend on the event will get them less SE than their normal attacks would. Sure, using Manacon would be to sacrifice building in your clan, but the Dueler would also get less SE to build with.
In the end both types of players would have to make a choice: Should I participate in the event and get a reward that I think is better than the sacrifice I make, or should I just skip it?

It would be interesting to hear how the discussion is on the Hungarian forum and how the developers see on it.
Dátum: 2011.01.17. 18:19:00
Idézet: Cruel01 - 2011.01.17. 15:30:46
I fully disagree with the second manacon for the event. If this is done, you will be automatically giving the victory for whoever has manacon lvl 30 or over. Therefore, it won't be an event.
As I have already said, compromise is required! I am aware that if I want to stay in the top 10, I will need to evolve in lvl much faster than what I would like to. This is my compromise and I am thinking if it is worth. Just giving builders the option not to change anything in their strategy and still come up with an easy victory makes no sense to me.

Cruel.

I see how having Mana-con 30+ will give you an advantage in the top 10 Building, but it is the same kind of advantage you would get in the Top 10 Fights from having a high Elementary Fusion/Shape reality (extra AP/DP) or higher stats (so that you win more fights).

Having said that, I still think that the easiest way is to either have it as proposed or removing Mana-con from the event.

Why keep it as proposed? The original proposal stated that you could get 1 Building point/day from Building with SE and 1/day building with Mana-con. This is no longer the case, since we will be able to build as many times as we want from SE/day (and get 1 Build point per X SE).
So if I have the potential to build 50000SE with Mana-con and one Build point costs 5000 SE, I could build 10 times in the Event and use my Mana-con in a Clan building. Using Mana-con in the Event only gives me 1 more Build point, so why use it?

Question: I will have to use X SE to get 1 Build point. Does my Building skill affect this amount?
Dátum: 2011.01.16. 14:45:35
Stekkos, he wants an option to turn of the premium HP regen all together, i.e. buy the premium but be able to not have the faster HP regen (hunting or not). He doesn´t want to turn off the Basic HP regen, just the premium part.
Dátum: 2011.01.16. 14:43:07
Idézet: petel87 - 2011.01.15. 08:19:57
D00ml0rd is like Hitler. Hitler hated jews, Doomlord hates everyone who has a different opinion and can not acknowledge any reasonable arguments. Some people think that Hitler should have never been born. Interaction with others is indeed a complicated skill, if you do not have it dear at least try to obtain it. If you can not than please be quiet forever as your attitude is highly unwelcome.

Petel87, please re-read the avove (which you wrote) and tell me that you cannot see how that could be seen as offensive.
Dátum: 2011.01.14. 11:25:36
Kethios (or someone who play(ed) on the Hungarian servers): Did anything like this ever happen on the Hungarian servers? And what happened then? Temporary suspensions? Deleted accounts? Other punishments?
Dátum: 2011.01.14. 09:58:51
Idézet: Random - 2011.01.13. 09:48:08
Resources should be invested in each event. In the construction section, two types of resources can be invested (which would adversely affect the clans)

1. Manacon up once a day (this can only be used once a day) Disadvantages: does not build the buildings of the clan.
2. Construction of a fixed amount of SE, this levels for level. Down several times a day may be out to build. Disadvantages: does not build the buildings of the clan. But increases the luck. (So do not waste of SE the character, but it's a disatvanges the clan.

I just re-read this and I am not sure I understand it correctly. How exactly does the building part of the event work?
Just to clarify:
I can build from SE (a certain level dependent amount for 1 build point) or with mana-construction (all my SP for 1 build point).
Depending on how many Build points I have at the end of the event I can choose a reward.
I can build once per day with mana-construction.
I can build as many times as I like per day from SE <--- Is this true? In the original preview of the event I understood it as once per day from SE, but the post above can be read as if I can build as many times per day as i want from SE.
Dátum: 2011.01.14. 09:16:04
"Top lists: there will be 3 top lists. Most victories, most builds, and a fun stat, most unconscious pets. Every top lists will show the top 10 in that category, and they will get a small extra reward at the end of the event. Most victories: xeno combat medal (+10 execution), Most building: medal of doom (+ building, -1 sec to hunt), Most unconscious pets: squeezing medal (+1% soul energy squeezing)"

These are the medals discussed, the top 10 medals. Not to say that Viridels idea is bad in any way, but I think the idea is to have a number of choices of rewards for participation (in different tiers depending on level of participation) and then have an extra reward to the top ten contributors in all three categories: A medal.

All, in all I think that they want the rewards from the event to be less permanent relics and more other things so that they can do the event more often, and people will have a good incentive to participate every time. Think about the Zarknod event: If you got all three relics, would you participate as much if it ever came around again?
Dátum: 2011.01.13. 15:18:56
Idézet: quint - 2011.01.13. 15:05:15
Idézet: Sbart - 2011.01.13. 13:15:06
you would presumably change your weapon at least once in those 6 months.

But these focus crystals can only be placed in rings or necklaces. I'm stuck with the same necklace since a long time on W2. And I can't expect a new one soon. So at least in my case, a permanent focus crystal would be more valuable than a reusable one which expires after 6 months.

My bad. If the FC are for rings/necklaces I suppose that permanent ones would be better than reusable (but time limitied) ones.
Dátum: 2011.01.13. 13:15:06
It's really nice to see the comments from the Hungarian servers, and I have to agree with many of them.

About the Focus crystal: A reusable focus crystal that gets deleted after 6 months must be more valuable than one that is permanent, but not reusable, since you would presumably change your weapon at least once in those 6 months. Or?

It's a really good proposal that the Building for SE in the event should count for increasing Luck and your Total building. I suppose the Mana-construction (however it is implemented) would also count for Total building. Also to be able to find adventures when battling the Xenos Mother queens is a good idea.

I like the fact that the Event is not a guaranteed win, but maybe a small reward (Medal of Doom?) would be nice if we loose.

A Medal for just participating.
I don't really like this one though, it's a bit like getting a price for just competing. But maybe a small price when the Xenos mother-queen that you are currently fighting goes down? The price should be small (maybe -1 sec to hunts or +1 to a skill), but if you are efficient and get other people to do more, you could potentially get more than one.

About the rewards:
Increase or Decrease of the infection is a brilliant idea, I thought the people who wanted 100% infection got the shaft with the Zarknod event.
About the Xenos combat medallion: Maybe a choice of the listen bonuses (+5 hard skin, +5 absorption, +5 regeneration) or some other choices thrown in there: +Critical Damage, +Critical spell damage, Prevent paralysation, Drain soul protection, extra mana-regen (1%?).
Dátum: 2011.01.13. 10:05:04
I agree that an event like this, with rewards, should mean an investment from the player. The issue at hand with the event as proposed is that there are two categories:
1. Fights (for AP and DP)
and
2. Building (for SE and Mana-construction)

The investment (or loss) in Category 1 (Fights) looks to be small; Fights for AP gives SE and XP as for a normal Hunt (minus the possibility to Trap a pet?) and Fights for DP gives nothing unless you have Energy Harness (correct me if this is wrong).
The investment (or loss) in Category 2 (Building) looks much bigger than in 1. Building for SE builds your Luck, and from the preview of the event the investment is not that big (about 3 hunts worth of SE). The Mana-construction (MC) one is a lot worse though. A character with Magic 50 and Mana-construction 5 gets one Build point for building with all his SP, a character of the same level with 100 Magic and Mana-construction 50 also gets 1 Build-point for doing the same, even though the second character lost a lot more building potential for his clan.

Suggestions:
1. Remove Mana-construction from the event. This is the simple solution.
or
2a. Put in a level based level of how much you should build for with Mana-construction to get 1 Build point.
2b. As in 2a, and let any SP left after building the minimum in the event be used for building in a clan building (via a drop down menu for example)
or
3. As 2a, but let people use Mana-construction twice a day during the event, once for the event and once in the clan buildings.
Dátum: 2011.01.07. 11:23:47
Wouldn't it be better if Mana-construction was something like:
"If you use Mana-construction building at least 1000xLevel SE you gain 1 Build point. Mana-construction can still be used only once per day"

The exact amount of SE would have to be adjusted of course (just grabbed a number). But having it like this would mean that you would have to invest something into it, and not just grab Mana-construction 1 and having low Magic.

If one wants to benefit builders even more, you could allow this use of Mana-construction to be different from the one you use in the clan buildings, i.e. you can both build in the clan buildings and in the event with mana-construction.
Dátum: 2010.12.06. 17:57:00
From the map event page:
"Marietta, the charming
94 followers

So far you found a total of 24 map pieces.
So far you found 2 map pieces.

Results of the other soul-hucksters
Katherin, the gorgeous
54 followers
They found a total of 15 map pieces.

Agnaesh, the fascinating
44 followers
They found a total of 10 map pieces.

Ericath, the enchanting
45 followers
They found a total of 31 map pieces."

I think it should be:
"Marietta, the charming
94 followers

So far she found a total of 24 map pieces.
So far you found 2 map pieces."
Dátum: 2010.11.26. 08:50:27
When did Chuck Berry write "Johnny B Goode"?
1958 <-- Marked as correct

According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_B._Goode the song was written in 1955 and recorded in 1958. So the answer should be 1955 or the question should be when was it recorded.
Dátum: 2010.11.25. 10:39:30
Looking at the calculator in the wikidot I have some questions regarding the skill-calculator:
1. How does Elementary fusion affect the skill cost? Or is there supposed to be something else in the input field marked "el- fusion"?
2. I think the field "Oblivion" should read "Oblivion + Adventure skills", since Adventure skills do not increase the cost of other skills (same as Oblivion). When I do this I get the same value for increasing a skill 1 level.