Felhasználónév: Jelszó:
Szerző
Topic neve: My quiz question was rejected
very populareukar
Végzetúr poronty
104 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: My quiz question was rejected
1381. hozzászólás - 2011.01.17. 17:28:43 (Válasz manunkind #1379 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: manunkind - 2011.01.17. 16:21:09
eukar, the "j" vs "y" can cause a little confusion, as can the word "got" vs "won" vs "accepted". didn't both pavlov and perelman win?

No, Perelman did not. There is no Nobel Prize in Mathematics, it's a common mislead. As well as Mendeleev who was nominated, but did not get the reward. So, I am really confused about the reason the question was rejected...
Pontszám: 5
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
961 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1382. hozzászólás - 2011.01.17. 18:22:02 (Válasz eukar #1381 hozzászólására.)
the Fields Medal is often referred to as 'the nobel prize of mathematics'. while you're correct that it's not technically a nobel prize, there is certainly some ambiguity.
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
961 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1383. hozzászólás - 2011.01.17. 18:28:10 (Válasz eukar #1381 hozzászólására.)
it's also possible that your use of initials instead of full names creates some ambiguity. just taking guesses here.
averageThucydides
Végzetúr poronty
25 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1384. hozzászólás - 2011.01.19. 00:27:07 (Válasz manunkind #1362 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: manunkind - 2011.01.13. 05:16:12
Thucydides, isn't the quote: "We have met the enemy, and he is us"?

google it.......it's not hard to find.

I was watching the History channel last night and they came out with this...

"Robin hood was the world's most famous outlaw"

so I made a question asking.."who was known as the world's most famous outlaw?"

told me it was ambiguous.............these evaluators are still a joke even after a year or so.

I get questions in the quiz that there is NO WAY THAT ANYONE OTHER THAN A SPOECIAL GROUP would know the answer...and yet they get accepted.

This quiz part of the game could be quite fun..but the evaluators are for shit...and they should just get rid of the damned quiz all together..it's obvious now, after a year and a half, that the evaluators or their question criteria isn't going to change.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1385. hozzászólás - 2011.01.19. 01:33:45 (Válasz Thucydides #1384 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Thucydides - 2011.01.19. 00:27:07
Idézet: manunkind - 2011.01.13. 05:16:12
Thucydides, isn't the quote: "We have met the enemy, and he is us"?

google it.......it's not hard to find.

I was watching the History channel last night and they came out with this...

"Robin hood was the world's most famous outlaw"

so I made a question asking.."who was known as the world's most famous outlaw?"

told me it was ambiguous.............these evaluators are still a joke even after a year or so.

I get questions in the quiz that there is NO WAY THAT ANYONE OTHER THAN A SPOECIAL GROUP would know the answer...and yet they get accepted.

This quiz part of the game could be quite fun..but the evaluators are for shit...and they should just get rid of the damned quiz all together..it's obvious now, after a year and a half, that the evaluators or their question criteria isn't going to change.

First off - The Quiz is definitely the worst part about the game. It causes more problems and more pissed off players than any other portion of the game, by far. Standards vary to Evaluator to Evaluator, day to day. There isn't nearly enough maintenance to get rid of the crap, even after it's been pointed out.

THE QUIZ IS BAD

That said, Thucydides - I think you're completely wrong here. Watching a show about Robin Hood that makes such a firm statement about his popularity is only accurate to the people watching that show. There is no question about his popularity, but an unquantifiable "most" is impossible to prove.

It's like asking Who is the most Evil person in history? Hitler springs immediately to mind, but he also started industrializing Germany to the superpower it is today. Stalin should certainly be viable for his crimes against his own people, yet he is simultaneously revered as a war hero. Pol Pot slaughtered millions in his drive to power and (failed) attempt to bring stability to a region that has never had any. Idi Amin and Milosovich for their ethnic cleansing in Africa and Yugoslavia. How about Genghis Khan, who burned villages, raped women, and forced prisoners to act as a human shield - in his drive to create the worlds largest civilized empire. And how can we not mention Bin Laden - a hero to some - but currently amongst the most despised men in the world.

There is no way to quantify ones feelings and experiences. To certain groups of people, ANY name from the above list could be "Most Evil" - therefore it is an impossible question to answer factually. Yours is no different.
A hozzászólást Viridel módosította 2011.01.19. 05:02:35-kor
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
961 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1386. hozzászólás - 2011.01.19. 03:08:54
um, Viridel, that was Thucydides who made the claim about robin hood being the most famous outlaw, not me. i agree with the evaluator and with you that it's ambiguous. how about billy the kid, jesse james, al capone, blackbeard, ted bundy or osama bin laden? ...all outlaws. if you want to get technical, wouldn't Jesus qualify? certainly to the Romans. and if you want to get fictional (as robin hood may well be), my vote is for boba fett!
A hozzászólást manunkind módosította 2011.01.19. 04:13:13-kor
very populareukar
Végzetúr poronty
104 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1387. hozzászólás - 2011.01.19. 11:56:40
Well, life's simple. After several days of silence about why a question with a single correct answer was evaluated as totally wrong I just refused to add further questions and got 10 portions of SE for that.
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1388. hozzászólás - 2011.01.19. 15:20:04 (Válasz eukar #1387 hozzászólására.)
If it's showing one correct answer on a rejected question, that means the evaluator got lucky and selected the correct answer.

You did get player feedback on your question. From what I read there was some spelling errors on your part and a mistake on the evaluator part thinking Mendeleev won. It happens sometimes. Evaluators are human too.
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
961 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1389. hozzászólás - 2011.01.19. 15:57:52
eukar, your question was not evaluated as "totally wrong." it was evaluated as "ambiguous or wrong." if it's not wrong, then it must be ambiguous. how can you remove the ambiguity and make it more clear?
very populareukar
Végzetúr poronty
104 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1390. hozzászólás - 2011.01.19. 16:41:33
I'm actually not in the mood to try guessing what did the Evaluator think of. Fortunately my work in real life allows to prepare tests and problems for people who are interested in them and open to discuss. So I loose nothing rejecting to ask questions here in the game.

As for the question above - I could have understood "spelling" reject, I would argue against "special knowledge" reject, I would not be even upset with "in database" reject - as I do not know the whole database. But "ambiguous or wrong" case leaves me no opportunity to correct spelling or grammatical errors. I can't understand what "ambiguous or wrong" is in asking about winning Nobel Prize and listing 4 persons on which only one actually got it. I saw no comments from the Evaluator or other evaluators here, in the thread supposed to be a way of discussion and correcting rejected questions.

I'm not complaining at all. Again, I have many opportunities to do what I like (problem preparation) in my native language and in the fields I am an expert. So, all that letters above are only to explain my point of view.
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
961 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1391. hozzászólás - 2011.01.19. 16:51:28
i wish i could offer an explanation, but i'm speculating just as you are.
much likedSbartFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
879 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1392. hozzászólás - 2011.01.20. 15:00:19
Polyprotic acids are acids that can donate two or more protons in a chemical reaction. Which of these acids are polyprotic?

Sulfuric acid <-- Correct answer
Hydrochloric acid
Nitric acid
Formic acid

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"! According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

Ok, this is school chemistry, nothing special at all. The definition of polyprotic is even in the question. The first three acids are the major mineral acids that we all learn and the last is the simplest possible organic acid. Are we not allowed to ask questions that is part of what everyone should learn in school?
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1393. hozzászólás - 2011.01.20. 15:41:34 (Válasz Sbart #1392 hozzászólására.)
Stekkos edged his explanation in there just before you posted your question.
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1394. hozzászólás - 2011.01.21. 14:42:24 (Válasz MartinBV #1193 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: MartinBV - 2010.11.21. 22:24:59
Xanadu is a popular song by Olivia Newton John, but it's also a city, where is/was this city located?

Inner Mongolia, China
Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico
Central Australia
Andes Mountains, Chile

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
Your answers are ambiguous or wrong to this question.

Can someone please tell me why?

For a description of Xanadu, the summer capital of the Yuan Dynasty founded by Kublai Khan http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xanadu

Noone ever answered this one, and today I got this question in the quiz:

Wiki, a technology for creating collaborative websites, comes from?
Waikiki, a neighborhood of Honolulu, Hawai
Widescreen computer displays
Wise Kids
The Hawaiian word wiki, meaning "quick" <- marked as correct.

This is not where the technology comes from just the name. Only error I can see with the question I posted is that Olivia Newton John was the singer not the writer of the song. And several other singers/songwriters have made songs with the same name.

And no I don't think this question should be removed, just wondering why the inconsistency.
A hozzászólást MartinBV módosította 2011.01.21. 14:49:46-kor
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
961 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1395. hozzászólás - 2011.01.21. 16:19:26
perhaps the evaluator preferred a different spelling of the city name: Shàngdū.
(newton-john should be hypenated.)
A hozzászólást manunkind módosította 2011.01.21. 16:21:25-kor
public enemyMarkus II
Végzetúr poronty
9 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1396. hozzászólás - 2011.01.28. 12:40:17
What was the first military submarine designed by David Bushnell name?

Turtle
Nauticus
Submarine one
Snake

It rejected cause of spelling mistakes...that are they?Thanks
Pontszám: 3
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1397. hozzászólás - 2011.01.28. 17:30:21 (Válasz Markus II #1396 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Markus II - 2011.01.28. 12:40:17
What was the first military submarine designed by David Bushnell name?

Turtle
Nauticus
Submarine one
Snake

It rejected cause of spelling mistakes...that are they?Thanks

My guess is that it was rejected because of grammar, so try this: "David Bushnell designed the first military submarine, what was it's name?"
Pontszám: 7.50
public enemyMarkus II
Végzetúr poronty
9 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1398. hozzászólás - 2011.02.03. 11:34:42
Thanks, now its evaluated as good:)

but have another one:

The U.S. company "SpaceX" designed the world's first private spaceship. What is the spaceship name?

Polar bear
Snake
Butterfly
Dragon

Spelling mistakes in question or answers. But also cant find the mistake...
everyone's favoritemackrel
Végzetúr poronty
2 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1399. hozzászólás - 2011.02.04. 09:28:08
In 2011 who was declared by Forbes Asia as Australia's richest women with an estimated 9 billion dollars?

Gina Rinehart
Nicole Kidman
Angela Bennett
Julia Gillard

According to evaluators the answer is an uninteresting lexical knowledge.

Why was it rated like this.. Its been all over the news, in magazines and papers through out asia and australasia. Its easily found on the internet.. Is it unintersting because its about a women not a rich male American? or is it unintersting because it not about europe or america where most of the questions are designed for?
Pontszám: 7.50
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1400. hozzászólás - 2011.02.07. 11:25:39
why is this Q rejected?

What is the closest star to our solar system?

Proxima Centauri
Alpha Centauri A
Alpha Centauri B
Alpha Centauri C

Inter urinas et faeces homo nascitur
Dobókocka - a sokoldalú kiegészítőRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője