Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - ImLittleJon

Dátum: 2010.11.30. 23:16:22
Idézet: Phalanxii - 2010.11.30. 22:32:13
When dueling is not so profitable, i think the +hunt is the best but will probably do pretty badly this time round since its big success last time (speaking for world 2 only).

The hunt relic is actually the worst by a significant margin. If you assume a player has maxed out all relevant skills, the hunt relic takes you from 200% (with spectral manipulation) of your base SE to 203% (for first place). So that's a marginal improvement of 1.5%. The ability relic takes you from 70% ability cost (with ultraspecialization) to 67% (again, for first place). That's a marginal improvement of almost 4.5%. Similarly, the skill relic takes you from 75% (with transplantation) skill cost to 72%, for a marginal improvement of a little over 4%. So if you spend at least 1/3 of your daily hunt income (not including squeezing) on skills or specialized abilities, you come out ahead with the skill/ability relic compared to the hunt relic.
Dátum: 2010.11.25. 15:09:52
Idézet: Gladoom - 2010.11.25. 12:13:31
It would be greatly helpful if there is a sitter for the account who can manage when you are gone for holidays(more than 15 days). So a clan member or his friend from the same game world can sit for him during his absence.

I've been in other games where the sitter function existed, and in every case, it was abused regularly. The lack of a sitter function is a big plus for Doomlord.
Dátum: 2010.11.24. 01:27:24
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.11.24. 01:15:41
Seems far easier to just have Doomlord stop forcing Facebook down my throat, since Firefox is my primary browser.

If they were sufficiently smart and sneaky, they could maybe do something where once you "like" DL on FB, it stops displaying on the FB widget on your DL screen.
Dátum: 2010.11.23. 19:22:33
What does the acronym BBC stand for?
British Broadcasting Corporation
British Broadcasting Company

Too similar.
Dátum: 2010.11.22. 17:02:00
Idézet: MartinBV - 2010.11.22. 16:46:03
Idézet: neurotic - 2010.11.22. 08:29:07
Carpal tunnel syndrome is an injury most commonly associated with?

* repetitive action of the hand(s)
* tennis play
* impaling wounds through the body (including shots)
* driving through the tunnels in darkness

This got rejected with "Your answers are ambiguous or wrong to this question", but it's first answer in google search for 'Carpal tunnel syndrome" that contains actual phrase "most commonly associated with repetitive hand motions namely heavy computer keyboard use"

Why would that be incorrect?

Carpal tunnel syndrome is not caused by repetitive actions of the hands. If you have carpal tunnel syndrome, you will have higher risk of injuries from some repetitive actions of the hands. But certain repetitive actions of the hands can actually be used to lessen the pain.

He never said "caused by". He said "associated with". Having a "higher risk of injuries" would qualify as the two being associated with each other. It's not the smoothest wording, but I don't see anything major wrong with the original question.

As a side note, I think it should be a requirement of all evaluators to monitor this thread and comment on their reasons if someone asks about a question they rejected. Some of them do that already (kudos to you!) but others don't seem to. Furthermore, I would suggest having a shared forum account for this use. It's not necessary to know which evaluator rejected your question, just their reasoning.
Dátum: 2010.11.10. 18:31:16
Idézet: Kethios - 2010.11.10. 18:12:55
There are ways to defend against the "bots". Set the hunts n-5 mins (n=max low HP time), then buy a yellow healing potion. When you finished the last hunt just simply use the potion to get yourself above the safe 15% and then attack an epic monster, do a dimension gate battle, try an adventure that has battles in it.

The problem is that's been tried, and it is not effective against the bot in question. You still get hit within seconds of taking the healing potion.
Dátum: 2010.11.10. 17:53:32
Idézet: Kethios - 2010.11.10. 12:18:50
The following suggestions will be forwarded towards the admins:

1. A page where you can see who you dragged into the torture chamber.

2. "Interrupt your rest" on duel page.

3. Pop up button when buying ducats for SE asking "are you sure"

Does that mean you are not forwarding the suggestions from Post #285 in this thread?
Dátum: 2010.11.08. 19:51:53
Idézet: Xiao - 2010.11.08. 19:36:38
Angola
zimbabwe
Ghana
Libya

If 1 of the answers is obviously different from the other 3 (in this case, one of them is not capitalized), it's pretty much always going to get rejected.
Dátum: 2010.11.08. 14:22:37
Idézet: Dakaan - 2010.11.08. 08:31:40
Just calculate how many SE you get from the AP's you spend on ducats and you'll soon realize that you got 1 stat at the price of how many again??!?!

The value comes from not getting the XP you would have gotten from the AP's.
Dátum: 2010.11.07. 21:45:50
Idézet: D00ml0rd - 2010.11.07. 19:10:49
1. Reward people for posting, this could be done a number of ways eg. with a special relic when somone reaches a certain number of posts, maybe one that converts a % of burnt stones to ancient stones would be most successful but could be extra aps, dps, cps anything that drives the game basiccaly.

This is a tricky one, as it basically encourages people to post a bunch of useless messages just to get their post count up.

2. An (internal player mail) mailout to each member just reminding them of the forum and pointing out the help they can get here and the other aspects surrpunding it, i know there is a link on our profile page but sometimes people just need a gentle nudge,

This is a good idea, but in practice, you only get about 1% response on these things. Still, 1% is more than 0%, which is what you get if you don't do it...

3. more moderators, even just forum mods, if people make the effort to post and they dont see a prompt response or no response at all it wont take them long to write the forum off as a non event, so a moderator for each thread group (help, suggestions, quiz etc) would help ALOT.

The more official activity, the better. But until the traffic increases a lot, I think we're all good with Kethios and stekkos doing their thing, with occasional cameos by Miklos and Hatshepsut.
Dátum: 2010.11.07. 21:35:35
Idézet: dark22 - 2010.11.07. 21:25:04
Champ is always on the 5th of the month

My understanding is that it's on the first Friday of the month, unless that falls on the 1st or 2nd, in which case it's the first Wednesday.
Dátum: 2010.11.07. 20:53:28
By far the most effective way to drive more traffic to these forums would be to feature them more in-game. Right now, all there is is the link in the sidebar and the link on the hunt page. What would be huge would be to put the last posts widget in the game. If the hunt page, instead of saying "While you are hunting, visit the forum!", it had this stuff:

Last posts

* Re: Hunter or Dueler? sent by: dark22
* Today, 21:01:15
* Re: Hunter or Dueler? sent by: D00ml0rd
* Today, 20:10:49
* Re: Bug reports sent by: Viridel
* Today, 20:09:39
* Re: Sugestion box sent by: ImLittleJon
* Today, 20:03:29
* Re: Hunter or Dueler? sent by: stekkos
* Today, 18:45:11

More

Preferably with a mouse-over showing the text of the post.

A few users don't hunt, but the vast majority of people would then see this widget on a daily basis. And if they see the content, they are far more likely to click through than just seeing a link.
Dátum: 2010.11.07. 19:03:29
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.11.07. 17:40:03
I would propose a random cycle of items. So if you got overbidden on something, it can pop up anytime, even right after the last one. And to avoid the problem of items never poping up for a year lets say, if an item has not appeared for 3 months, it will be included automatically on the next available slot.

Personally, I prefer the current system. I think just adding one more non-lesser slot is the best solution. 1) It should be easy to implement. 2) It would provide better chances for everyone to see something worthwhile to them. 3) It would cycle through the items faster, but 4) it wouldn't change the value of the items as drastically as changing the cycle time would.

P.S. I would also like to reiterate an earlier suggestion to randomize the closing times, so they become convenient for different time zones.
Dátum: 2010.11.05. 22:30:55
Scenario #1: I suicide down to 1 HP, set up a bunch of hunts, and then go off and do something IRL for a while. While I'm gone, I lose my low HP status, and I come back to discover that I lost a bunch of SE to someone.

I think everyone can agree that's how the game is played. If I moo, I will be milked. End of story.

Scenario #2: I suicide down to 1 HP, set up a bunch of hunts. But when my timer runs out, I'm sitting here, set up to hit a DG monster as soon as possible.

It is my position that it is bad for the game to allow someone to hit me in the second or two that it takes me to perform the clicks necessary to suicide again. If someone is playing the game intelligently, they shouldn't be penalized because someone else is either running bots or gets in a lucky ambush.

My proposal is to change the game mechanics so that players can attack slightly before they can be attacked. If they could attack at 14%, that would give them a roughly 15 minute window in which to get their affairs in order. If they could attack at 14.9%, the window would be a minute and a half. This change would allow users who are playing the game the right way to guarantee that they benefit from their hard work without impinging on the ability of duellers to milk less careful cows.

If changing the game mechanics is too radical, how about a new skill, DG item, clan building, AH item, and/or soul diamond item with this effect?

Scenario #3. Same as #2, except that what triggers the loss of low HP status is leveling up instead of the timer running out.

My proposal for this scenario is to add a preference on the settings page to choose whether you want your HP healed up when you level up or not.

Kethios, I understand that these changes are a lot more involved than most of the other requests we've made to date. Accordingly, I probably wouldn't even request them except that I think they will make a big difference. So I'd really like to hear what the reaction of the developers is.
Dátum: 2010.11.05. 17:20:14
Idézet: quint - 2010.11.05. 16:15:23
I'm sorry, I left out the colon from the address. I fixed it now. But before adding an adventure, please make sure it is not in the list yet.

I have a couple of questions about the adventures. First, the id on your page doesn't seem to match the internal id of the adventure. For example, "A new spell" is listed as #32 on your page, but when I mouse over the delete link on my adventures page, it says kaland=29. If you're going to number them, wouldn't it be best to use the internal ids?

Second, a clanmate told me the adventures are level-related. If that's true, maybe add a column for what level(s) the adventure is valid for?
Dátum: 2010.11.05. 15:31:50
Idézet: Krahn - 2010.11.05. 15:22:06
Unless there's something I'm missing, there's no way for her to know what skill I'm spending my SE on, so there's no LEGITIMATE way for her to know whether I've put points into a new skill (leaving me with a bunch of SE) or points into a higher level skill (leaving me with low SE).

I can't speak for her, but I know if I see someone bought up even one point of ability or skill, I figure they're not worth the XP. I believe most of her gains come from people who didn't manage to spend any of their SE.
Dátum: 2010.11.05. 15:15:58
Idézet: Miracole - 2010.11.05. 13:48:15
- second time i used a HP potion 3 minutes before and i was hit at 2-3 seconds after - just clicked clan and when i clicked epic there i was 1HP and a huge SE loss.

That's very strong evidence. It's not possible to explain that except through the use of a bot, or the "lucky coincidence" theory.
Dátum: 2010.11.05. 15:01:17
Idézet: ardent - 2010.11.05. 03:25:26
ImLittleJon, you seem to be taking this a bit too serious Conspiracy theories, paranoia, Piggy dominating the world????? .....

You may be confusing me with some other posters.

Why can't you just accept he is an extremely good player with a lot of spare time at his disposal?

I've explained why I can't just accept that. Eventually, the lucky coincidences just pile too high and topple over.

You even sound frustrated because he is wiping the floor with you and he is not even a premium.....

No, that's all good. I was just responding to someone else's implication that the developers would protect her due to premium status.

Anyways, just to make this clear. He is not cheating in any way, not exploiting any bugs or flaws in the game mechanisms. Instead of accusing him and making empty threats, watch how he is using his techniques of cow farming, you might be able to learn something from the true Piggy master

Refresh my memory here, what threats did I make? As for cow farming, I'm fairly skilled at that myself, but I'm always willing to learn new legitimate techniques. I expect that Piggy probably could share some pointers, were she so inclined. I just don't understand why she feels the need to cheat as well.
Dátum: 2010.11.05. 13:52:48
Idézet: dark22 - 2010.11.05. 02:57:06
I thought you were overexaggerating first time when you said she nailed you in 10 sec, but this is the second time you said it. Was it really just 10 sec?

Yes, literally 10 sec. I knew she would be trying to hit me, so I was set up with multiple tabs open to dump SE as soon as I leveled up. I managed to get one click in, but by the second click, she had hit me. 10 seconds was me being conservative. In reality, my guess is more like 2 seconds.

You are saying that she never attacked you when you were out of SE? Not even when you get out of low HP but you've spend your SE? If the answer is that she never ever attacked you and got 0 SE loot, that should be considered evidence from my point of view.

I wouldn't consider that evidence, as the same could be said of me, or most other successful duelers. It's easy to see whether someone has spent their SE. Look at their ability and skill totals, building, equipment, etc., and compare to their last row in your spreadsheet. That data updates immediately; there is no caching.

Everybody can see that she is agressive and good player but hitting people only when they have SE is too much to swallow as luck.

The trick is figuring when they have amassed SE. With sufficient scrying, this is not much of a trick, which is why the crystal orb is useful. But before she had that available, she still knew when people had SE on them all the time, as if she were able to scry everyone constantly.
Dátum: 2010.11.05. 00:24:21
Idézet: dark22 - 2010.11.04. 23:25:48
It does sound streched but not impossible.

You can't ever prove something like this is impossible. But I do not believe she was sitting there manually attacking me every 10 seconds for over half an hour. And I do not believe that she just randomly happened to attack me within 10 seconds of leveling up. It's just too big of a coincidence. Especially after all the other suspicious behavior on her part. Before she got the crystal orb, there were numerous occasions where she hit me, my clanmates, or other people I've talked to just when we had a ton of SE on us. Sometimes, that coincided with us coming out of low HP safety, and sometimes not. She never attacked us under other circumstances, so it's not reasonable to say she noticed we were low HP by attempting to attack us. And she didn't have the crystal orb yet, so it's not reasonable to say she was routinely scrying us when there were plenty of other targets. There's only so many coincidences you can swallow.

I also saw that she has the scrying orb which makes her story more belivable.

Believe me, I know she's got that !@#$ orb. She and I had an epic bidding war over that thing.

But few people had raised this question already, and although I personally doubt that she is a cheater, some sort of game staff (in game moderator, not Kethios) should resolve all the doubts publicly once and for all, with some sort of hard evidence that everything is done legally, and I am sure that Piggy would like it aswell to clear up her name (unless she really is a cheater of course:)

The most that it's possible for them to say is that they can't find any hard evidence that she is cheating. If she's got a well written script, it's indistinguishable from the server side from her manually taking the same actions.

I can understand to some degree when they turn one eye blind on low lvls push account for paying customers, but if these accusations are true the game would lose its sense.

Not that I subscribe to that particular conspiracy theory, but technically, MsPiggy is not actually a paying customer.