Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Viridel

Dátum: 2010.12.23. 17:16:50
Idézet: petel87 - 2010.12.23. 09:02:35
It is valuable knowledge because the answer is not what you would ever expect
A big mistake from your side is comparing a psychiatric disorder with sexual positions (they have noothing to do with each other).

If it's a legitimate psychiatric disorder, then it's not illegal anywhere. It's the acting on the impulse that causes problems. Either way, it's not a topic that has any place on a public game site. Your insistance on this topic leads me to believe that Interpol should be called to see what kind of pictures you have on your hard drive, seeing as that your impulse control appears a little troublesome.
Dátum: 2010.12.23. 17:09:07
Idézet: petel87 - 2010.12.23. 08:58:53
Viridel and Galana, just because you were super lucky in terms of found map pieces does not mean that you deserve better reward. The whole magic with this event is picking the best team. The chance is affected by the number of the followers the soul-huckster have, and any possible prizes you won in previous map events. The number of followers is not that important. A high level participant with maxed elementary fusion and shape reality (like me) will get 10 extra DP's and 10 extra AP. It means that every day I have 20 more chances of finding a map piece than any participant at level 1. My conclusion is that it does not matter how good is a single participant but who are the actual contestants in his/her group.
Every day the cost of joining was significantly increased and here is where the answer lies. Whoever joined later had an opportunity to ask others about their choice and be able to figure out which is the best choice. The only person that has a right to feel cheated is someone who at the end of event has less than 10 map pieces.

You make your own luck. In my case, I bought the stupid Wand of Mapping AND bought 20 levels of the "Map Finding" skill - at around 200,000 SE. Hitting the minimum number with half the event to go is not "lucky" or an accident. I put my money / energy where my mouth was, and put in the effort to make it happen. The problem is when effort is not appropriately rewarded.

Like I said - simple solution - make a 150% target to automatically earn the top prize.
Dátum: 2010.12.23. 08:56:31
Idézet: Phalanxii - 2010.12.22. 23:39:45
Not only that, but clear isn't even a colour.... A solution can be clear with a coloured tint so if anything it should say colourless (but still be wrong)

Reminds me of the stupid Lobster Blood question. Everywhere I read that it's clear with a hint of blue, yet guess what the correct answer is - blue! Yet here we have clear with a hint of blue, and the answer is ------- Clear!!!
Dátum: 2010.12.23. 08:31:27
Idézet: petel87 - 2010.12.22. 14:36:44
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.12.22. 12:24:33
In which of the following countries it is legal to be a pedophile?

The player means (i hope) the condition of being sexually attracted to children which is not a crime. Acting upon it, is. But this question has such a controversial meaning that cannot be allowed

Hi, I do not want to be a pain but I somehow can not agree with your explanation for rejecting my question. I believe it is an interesting knowledge and it has no controversial meaning. Pedophilia is recognized as psychiatric disorder just like schizophrenia, insomnia or depression. Please provide further explanation stekkos.

One easy explanation is this is an all-ages game, and the last thing we should be encouraging is having minors Googling pedophilia. I could ask what the sexual position "doggy style" is, or "reverse cowgirl" - but I would hope that these would be rejected outright simply due to inappropriate content. Remember, there has to be VALUE in knowing the answer. Encouraging someone to learn what countries allow one to act upon pedophile urges is NOT valuable knowledge in a civilized world.
Dátum: 2010.12.23. 08:17:28
Idézet: Galana - 2010.12.23. 04:56:21
In the Map Event:

Due to your outstanding performance you will get a more powerful reward (in case your team does not finish first anyway)

Now, I could comment about finding 113 pieces out of the 1081 that the 44 person team has found; which is 10.5% of the map by 2.3% of the membership (me). But I'm resigned that this team will finish 3rd. So, with the above accolade, does that mean I automatically receive the equivalent of the 1st place prize (which would certainly be reasonable); or a prize just one level more than the rest of these losers have helped "accomplish"? After all, it's not my fault others aren't close to pulling their weight, and I would hate to be penalized given my participation when someone from the winning group needs to only get 10 pieces for a full reward.

Galana's talking World 2 - I'm on the same Map Quest team. I'm at 102 pieces (probably only because I'm stuck on 15 DP per day because I'd have ~3 people to attack if I was on 30 - good job programmers)... So we have combined to collect 215 of the (now) 1090. 2 of the 44 have contributed 19.72% - and we will get a boost of ONE level??? Come on, reward the elites with proper compensation. This is the Zankwad flaw all over again.

It's day 17 of 30 - there is still time to fix this and create a "150% target" to get a full bonus. After all, what's the point in participating in these events if you end up on a shitty team (which you have no control over) or the event is completely unbalanced against your horde (such as the Zankwad). It's time to reward players better, not just teams.
Dátum: 2010.12.23. 08:02:51
Idézet: Inv_ - 2010.12.22. 19:30:02
Idézet: Miklos - 2010.12.22. 16:01:44

About MsPiggy. We took very seriously the complaints, and monitored and logged every action for the past 2 months. After careful examination and analyzation of this data, we decided to suspend this character temporarily. Further investigation will decide if this suspension will become permanent.

you can't be serious.. so to suspend an account all is takes is a few ppl QQing about some player? ok.. here goes :

I want top 25 players in W2 suspended (yes, even me). It sooo obvious they cheat cause .. you know.. they're top 25.

And i thought this was a serious game

There is a rule of logic in these games - the 10/20/30. Generally, the best player will be about 10% better than the 2nd best player, due to more time, money and skill - there is always someone who is just REALLY good at all facets of the game. However, if they are 20% better, then that gets suspicious - multi accounting, botting, outside assistance (legal or not), scripts... When you break into 30%, there becomes a problem - on a server with 15000 players, nobody can be THAT much better than EVERYONE else. If that were the case, ALL the Hungarian Server players would be utterly dominating here, because they would already know all the tricks.

One very easy stat to look at is Loot-per-Win. Yes, you can build an elite spider, one that never loses (Ciphas is a good example, note that his stats & skills are HUNDREDS below Piggies, and he still has the best W/L ratio - that is a SMART player). But here's the key - How much do they gain per duel (win or loss, all is totaled, since losses count against the total SE gain)

Character name Level Clan Victory Defeat TOTAL SE/Fight
MsPiggy 45 Homless Beauties And Dorks 6668 449 10,800,000 1517.5
Lady Foul 32 Homless Beauties And Dorks 2922 344 2,300,000 704.2
Doubleh 42 Homless Beauties And Dorks 4255 251 2,800,000 621.4
Ciphas 47 Vortex 7132 270 4,100,000 553.9
Manunkind 34 Homless Beauties And Dorks 2360 194 1,200,000 469.9
Little Jon 44 GuGu 3298 309 1,600,000 443.6
Foenix 31 Gravediggaz 5740 283 2,400,000 398.5
Solness 30 Homless Beauties And Dorks 3629 487 1,600,000 388.7
Zankou 37 Careless Conjurers 2892 726 1,300,000 359.3
Sandman 14 DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER 3312 309 1,300,000 359
Kyril 37 Careless Conjurers 4140 410 1,600,000 351.6
Hunchback 45 DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER 4171 540 1,600,000 339.6
Squatter 18 Rebles 2489 206 891,900 330.9
Nemno 33 Dogs Of War 2773 303 947,200 307.9
Dezumak 47 Homless Beauties And Dorks 3322 735 1,200,000 295.8
PaSy 39 Vortex 2350 700 837,600 274.6
Sacrosanct 48 GuGu 3533 1102 1,200,000 258.9
Trackur 46 Homless Beauties And Dorks 2888 347 807,300 249.6
Salafer 30 Brothers of the Light 2538 257 628,300 224.8
Geodor 41 DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER 2701 713 747,500 219

The formatting sucks, but here's the key. Piggy gains 1517 PER DUEL. #2 gains 704 per Duel. #10 gains 359 per duel.

This means that Piggy is 53.5% better than ANYONE ELSE in the top 50. More than twice the player than any other player. How likely is that? 15000 players, and someone is more than 2x superior (while claiming to never buy Stones).

Also interestingly, look at the clan of 4 of the top 5 players on the above list. There are legitimate possibilities for this - but this could also be the spreading around of a cheat system. But with Piggy almost THREE times better than ANYONE NOT in her clan???

I'm not saying WHAT the cheat is, or how it's being implemented - but these games just don't work this way... Nobody is THAT much smarter / luckier / more efficient than EVERYONE else... And the fact that the majority of it is localized inside one clan should be of great concern to the administration.

I don't expect that Piggy will be part of this world much longer - but the Admin needs to find the loophole that is being abused, in a hurry.
Dátum: 2010.12.21. 20:29:09
Idézet: TheLion - 2010.12.21. 15:39:03
This has happened more than once to me...

The question had to do with "what was budgie..." I answered correctly "Helicopter" but then received this after clicking submit...

Wrong answer! The correct answer is: Greeks

I'm guessing something is picking up my answer (clicked circle) for the next question. It doesn't happen often but it's annoying!

This issue has been posted a few times by different users, but nobody has posted the reason that it happens... So I'll do that now - and everyone can refer back to this post in the future!!!

It'll often happen if you answer the question too close to the 5:00 time limit. Most of the time the in-game flash countdown runs slower than real time (by how much depends on the speed of your computer, and how many programs / browser windows you have running), but the page won't re-initialize on your computer until your FLASH timer runs out, even if the ACTUAL 5:00 has elapsed (as per the Doomlord server, which is not flash-based, and therefore is 99.999999999999999% accurate).

What I've learned is if it's in the last 30 seconds of the countdown, refresh the page (usually F5) to get the Flash timer to reset to the Doomlord timer - because if you answer too late, then the question has already rolled over to the next one, and you have a 75% chance of getting that one wrong AS WELL. The time lost in refreshing the page may cost you a chance at the current question, but its better than getting two wrong.
Dátum: 2010.12.21. 20:18:23
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.12.21. 05:28:45
Idézet: dark22 - 2010.12.21. 00:24:58
In chess, when/how many times can a pawn move more than one square?
On the first move <----------
Always
Never
When three squares+one to the side from another piece

Pawns can always move 2 squares from their starting position.

Thats what the answer means, ANY pawns first move.

That's not really what the answer says though... Yes, it can be interpreted your way; but Dark is right, the answer should change to "when the pawn is making its first move of the game", or something similar.
Dátum: 2010.12.21. 20:10:30
Idézet: Bash Chelik - 2010.12.21. 16:51:01
how about an option where players can craft their own weapons, armors and stuff
and choose how that equipment would affect them?
everything based on a lv of a player and resourses he or she put into that item?
this will make doomlords even more unique

This is an AWESOME idea... You could even have base bonuses based off current Skills (such as Creative Affinity gives a Soul Drain bonus, Toughness = Absorption, Critical Hit = Critical Damage bonus, etc) - which you could then boost with more SE, Soul Diamonds and Stones. Developers are always looking to bleed out more Stones...
Dátum: 2010.12.19. 22:09:30
Major quiz fights that I have eventually won include:

Sports Team Names: National Hockey League (NHL) - New Jersey ______? 70.11%

Where was NHL Superstar Alexander Ovechkin born? 48.63%

"Even old New York was once New Amsterdam" is a lyric from what They Might be Giants song? 60.91%
Dátum: 2010.12.19. 21:58:19
Idézet: Manannan Mac Lir - 2010.12.19. 12:55:15
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.12.19. 02:06:01
I think an undeniable fact is that the Isle of Man is not a member of the United Nations, therefore cannot be considered anything more than a territory or a principality.

As a Manxman I refute your disparaging my native land

Well, by all the authority I am able to acquire:
I hereby invite the prestigious [circle one] (territory / principality / state / dominion / other) of the ___Isle of Man_____ into the community of the United Nations.

(Just so there's no confusion, I'm just having fun here - in no way am I intending to insult or make fun of you or the several other people pf permanent residence on the splendid Isle of Man)
Dátum: 2010.12.19. 18:31:02
Idézet: LydonB - 2010.12.19. 12:16:35
Lads, it's nearly 2011. Let's keep certain things in the past shall we?

As for the whole "skinhead" description; it doesn't necessarily refer to ethnic groups or whatnot - Be open minded.

I'm a skinhead myself, yet I'm not involved in any ethnic groups and whatnot; It simply means that I don't have any hair - Bald/Cue ball or whatever you want to call it.

And that's what I said before. "Skinhead" may or may not be used and considered a derogatory term. The easiest parallel I can draw is "Uncle Tom". There is an obvious and legitimate reason why a character could be named that - however, a certain racial group would be very offended by the negative history that name brings up. It's not right or wrong - it's just history.

In most cases, a name is a name - it's the actions afterward that dictate the character of the person.
Dátum: 2010.12.19. 08:17:20
Idézet: petel87 - 2010.12.19. 07:25:10
Idézet: Tentacle - 2010.12.19. 04:47:28
SKINHEAD
(player id 6107)

so someone is really allowed to play under such a name?! friggin nazis should be kicked out imo

When I first read your post I laughed and thought that it is one good british type joke.
Than it occoured to me that you are actually probably serious. If you are serious than I would like to congratulate the insane level of thickness. I am not willing to bother to explain why your post is ridiculous. Please think twice before posting anything or any forum

Well, Patel, please take a few minutes to explain it to me then. While I wouldn't jump out and say someone playing under the name "Skinhead" is automatically a Nazi and should be banned (they could just be a proud bald guy) - I can certainly appreciate the racial sensitivity that the term has for some nationalities. For example, what if I created a character with any of these names:
Uncle Tom
Tar Baby
Chink
Gook
Nip
Cracker
Redneck
Honky
Kike

Most of those if not all, taken out of context as just a name in a random list would pass without a second look - however, to certain ethnic groups, each of those terms ranges from moderately to highly offensive. So Patel, how about emerging from your bubble, and understanding there is a wide world out there, who does not necessarily share the same viewpoint as yourself.
Dátum: 2010.12.19. 08:00:12
I am yellow and i am a fruit that likes hot places and i am oval shaped and i am about 10-15 inches,i like hot places like the philippines what am i?

Banana's are "oval shaped"? Also bananas come in green and brown varieties, not just yellow. Lastly, in production rates, the Phillippines (note the capitalization too) rates around 5th in global exports. This is just an atrocious question for a 'bunch' of reasons.
Dátum: 2010.12.19. 02:06:01
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.12.15. 05:43:28
I evaluated it the first time (the spelling was mentioned at my rejected questions topic also) I was a bit sceptic about the Isle of Man mentioned as a country but after searching a bit it does not sound as a wrong way to put it.

1. The island is not a member of the European Union, UK is
2. The island is not part of the United Kingdom, but its foreign relations and defence are the responsibility of the UK Government.
3. The island's own parliament and government have competence over all domestic matters
4. It issues its own notes, although the currency is the pound sterling

All these makes calling it a country quite ok by my opinion. If the evaluator of the second time cares to clarify it would be even more enlightening

And Petel87, knowing which was the first country to give women a right to vote is hardly specific knowleadge!

I think an undeniable fact is that the Isle of Man is not a member of the United Nations, therefore cannot be considered anything more than a territory or a principality.
Dátum: 2010.12.19. 01:34:25
Which of the following is a move in chess?
Spoon
Needle
Fork
Knife

A "Fork" is not a move, it is an advantageous position in which a single piece threatens two (usually powerful) opposition pieces and cannot be blocked, ensuring that the player will lose one of those pieces on the next move. The question is a smart one in concept, it's just phrased incorrectly.
Dátum: 2010.12.19. 01:30:54
Idézet: adonies - 2010.12.18. 10:06:24
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.12.18. 06:20:23
You're missing the point. Based on your reasoning, I can't ask about Willy Wonka, since he's not a title character in "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory", or Wolverine in the "X-Men" franchise... Etc. Oompa Loompa's are fundamental characters in the plot, and their use has been repeated in many other areas. Ultimately, of all the questions to complain about, this was a lousy choice - given that they are NOT obscure by any stretch, and the answer can be easily discovered with even a minor effort.

It's not my reasoning, or my point - I read the guidelines (as you must have as well) and create quiz questions that do not contradict them. And it's by these very guidelines that I complain about quiz questions. You should not stretch them to accommodate favorite subjects.

And I say the Oompa Loompa's are the 3rd most important character(s), behind Charlie & Wonka. Therefore, by your own definition of the rules, as a main character, the question is allowed.

And guess what - it has been allowed
Dátum: 2010.12.18. 06:28:04
Idézet: etinixa - 2010.12.17. 22:02:14
In Track & Field, what is thrown in the Modern (Olympic) Hammer Throw?

Metal Ball & Chain with a Handle?????

I got the answer wrong by clicking 'Metal Ball on a metal pole' which was more feasible than the above.
The hammer throw has long moved on from medieval chains and uses a WIRE...!

Looking at Google Images, there are samples of it still being a chain, but yes, the answer should be changes to Metal Ball on a Wire.

However, for the record, saying a wire (flexible) is more similar to a pole (not flexible) than a chain (also flexible) is a bit of a stretch.
Dátum: 2010.12.18. 06:20:23
Idézet: adonies - 2010.12.17. 09:17:42
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.12.16. 23:04:27
Watched the movie (~1975), watched the movie (~2008), or read the book in school or in leisure time, or seen any of the dozen+ spoofs on tv, and not have access to Google (or any search engine)... Basically not have lived in a cave. for the last 1/2 century.

You have no argument (read below). Insulting is unnecessary.

Idézet: stekkos - 2010.05.26. 04:30:30
Here is a first draft of what will be, finally, the guidelines for evaluators when looking at questions. Also these will help anyone starting the game decide what type of questions to post.

2. Literature: Due to many justified complaints about the ""Who wrote that"" type of questions flooding the quiz, they will no longer be accepted. Only books that have been translated and circulate widely in English are accepted for any other kind of questions. Main character questions are ok (names, country the events take place, etc), more detailed questions like how many children they have in the book, what is the name of their pet etc are not accepted

5. Movies/Comics/Video games: Not accepted - Dates of sequels release, specifics about the story or content (much like literature), anything a person HAS to watch/read/play the title to know what you are referring to.
Accepted - Original release date, main characters, famous tag lines, etc.

You're missing the point. Based on your reasoning, I can't ask about Willy Wonka, since he's not a title character in "Charlie & the Chocolate Factory", or Wolverine in the "X-Men" franchise... Etc. Oompa Loompa's are fundamental characters in the plot, and their use has been repeated in many other areas. Ultimately, of all the questions to complain about, this was a lousy choice - given that they are NOT obscure by any stretch, and the answer can be easily discovered with even a minor effort.
Dátum: 2010.12.16. 23:36:24
There are 2 steps of a ladder underwater on a boat. If the water rises 1 step per 30 minutes, how many steps will be underwater after 1.5 hours?

2 marked correct, but is wrong. Yes, I understand that if water rises, the boat *should* as well. However, if the water rises, then it cannot be measured by "steps". Including Steps clearly indicates that the water is rising against a stationary measure. The boat could be in dry-dock, and not floating at all.

At best, ambiguous. In reality - based on how the question is asked - wrong.