Szerző
Topic neve: Quiz errors
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Quiz errors
2281. hozzászólás - 2010.12.17. 08:54:11
In the bueaty industry, to exfoliate the skin means to...

bueaty?
Inter urinas et faeces homo nascitur
Pontszám: 5
irritatingadonies
Végzetúr poronty
46 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2282. hozzászólás - 2010.12.17. 09:17:42 (Válasz Viridel #2278 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.12.16. 23:04:27
Watched the movie (~1975), watched the movie (~2008), or read the book in school or in leisure time, or seen any of the dozen+ spoofs on tv, and not have access to Google (or any search engine)... Basically not have lived in a cave. for the last 1/2 century.

You have no argument (read below). Insulting is unnecessary.

Idézet: stekkos - 2010.05.26. 04:30:30
Here is a first draft of what will be, finally, the guidelines for evaluators when looking at questions. Also these will help anyone starting the game decide what type of questions to post.

2. Literature: Due to many justified complaints about the ""Who wrote that"" type of questions flooding the quiz, they will no longer be accepted. Only books that have been translated and circulate widely in English are accepted for any other kind of questions. Main character questions are ok (names, country the events take place, etc), more detailed questions like how many children they have in the book, what is the name of their pet etc are not accepted

5. Movies/Comics/Video games: Not accepted - Dates of sequels release, specifics about the story or content (much like literature), anything a person HAS to watch/read/play the title to know what you are referring to.
Accepted - Original release date, main characters, famous tag lines, etc.

Pontszám: 5.33
popularFriendlyCheese
Végzetúr poronty
239 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2283. hozzászólás - 2010.12.17. 10:57:41
2010: Brussels is the capital of?
Europe
Flanders
Belgium
all 3

Remove this question please.

Brussels is the capital of Belgium and Flanders. Both these are correct. Europe does not have a capital city as it is made up of many countries. To call Brussels the capital is an affectation and not a fact!
Pontszám: 8.33
very popularetinixa
Végzetúr poronty
25 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2284. hozzászólás - 2010.12.17. 15:47:14
Who are the main predators of the meerkat?

the answer is martial eagles and jackals

it should be snakes, birds of prey, and jackals.
hatedpetel87
Végzetúr poronty
109 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2285. hozzászólás - 2010.12.17. 16:54:10 (Válasz etinixa #2284 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: etinixa - 2010.12.17. 15:47:14
Who are the main predators of the meerkat?

the answer is martial eagles and jackals

it should be snakes, birds of prey, and jackals.

Yes but the question asks about one specific meerkat mentioned by whoever has written the question. This particular meerkat is living in a specific environment where martial eagles and jackals are the main predators
much likedManannan Mac LirFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
51 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2286. hozzászólás - 2010.12.17. 19:00:03
Not an error in the quiz but could not think where else to post this....

Who Commanded the British 8th Army at the First Battle of El Alamein?

Claude Auchinleck
William Gott
Harold Alexander
Bernard Montgomery

0 good and 2 bad answers have arrived for this question.

People are not reading the question. It clearly says FIRST BATTLE
very popularetinixa
Végzetúr poronty
25 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2287. hozzászólás - 2010.12.17. 21:57:41
What is the English word for the Italian 'Ciao'?

'Hello' is the pegged answer

The word 'Ciao' means both Hello and goodbye...!
very popularetinixa
Végzetúr poronty
25 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2288. hozzászólás - 2010.12.17. 22:02:14
In Track & Field, what is thrown in the Modern (Olympic) Hammer Throw?

Metal Ball & Chain with a Handle?????

I got the answer wrong by clicking 'Metal Ball on a metal pole' which was more feasible than the above.
The hammer throw has long moved on from medieval chains and uses a WIRE...!
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2289. hozzászólás - 2010.12.18. 06:20:23 (Válasz adonies #2282 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: adonies - 2010.12.17. 09:17:42
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.12.16. 23:04:27
Watched the movie (~1975), watched the movie (~2008), or read the book in school or in leisure time, or seen any of the dozen+ spoofs on tv, and not have access to Google (or any search engine)... Basically not have lived in a cave. for the last 1/2 century.

You have no argument (read below). Insulting is unnecessary.

Idézet: stekkos - 2010.05.26. 04:30:30
Here is a first draft of what will be, finally, the guidelines for evaluators when looking at questions. Also these will help anyone starting the game decide what type of questions to post.

2. Literature: Due to many justified complaints about the ""Who wrote that"" type of questions flooding the quiz, they will no longer be accepted. Only books that have been translated and circulate widely in English are accepted for any other kind of questions. Main character questions are ok (names, country the events take place, etc), more detailed questions like how many children they have in the book, what is the name of their pet etc are not accepted

5. Movies/Comics/Video games: Not accepted - Dates of sequels release, specifics about the story or content (much like literature), anything a person HAS to watch/read/play the title to know what you are referring to.
Accepted - Original release date, main characters, famous tag lines, etc.

You're missing the point. Based on your reasoning, I can't ask about Willy Wonka, since he's not a title character in "Charlie & the Chocolate Factory", or Wolverine in the "X-Men" franchise... Etc. Oompa Loompa's are fundamental characters in the plot, and their use has been repeated in many other areas. Ultimately, of all the questions to complain about, this was a lousy choice - given that they are NOT obscure by any stretch, and the answer can be easily discovered with even a minor effort.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2290. hozzászólás - 2010.12.18. 06:28:04 (Válasz etinixa #2288 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: etinixa - 2010.12.17. 22:02:14
In Track & Field, what is thrown in the Modern (Olympic) Hammer Throw?

Metal Ball & Chain with a Handle?????

I got the answer wrong by clicking 'Metal Ball on a metal pole' which was more feasible than the above.
The hammer throw has long moved on from medieval chains and uses a WIRE...!

Looking at Google Images, there are samples of it still being a chain, but yes, the answer should be changes to Metal Ball on a Wire.

However, for the record, saying a wire (flexible) is more similar to a pole (not flexible) than a chain (also flexible) is a bit of a stretch.
irritatingadonies
Végzetúr poronty
46 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2291. hozzászólás - 2010.12.18. 10:06:24 (Válasz Viridel #2289 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.12.18. 06:20:23
You're missing the point. Based on your reasoning, I can't ask about Willy Wonka, since he's not a title character in "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory", or Wolverine in the "X-Men" franchise... Etc. Oompa Loompa's are fundamental characters in the plot, and their use has been repeated in many other areas. Ultimately, of all the questions to complain about, this was a lousy choice - given that they are NOT obscure by any stretch, and the answer can be easily discovered with even a minor effort.

It's not my reasoning, or my point - I read the guidelines (as you must have as well) and create quiz questions that do not contradict them. And it's by these very guidelines that I complain about quiz questions. You should not stretch them to accommodate favorite subjects.
Pontszám: 7.50
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2292. hozzászólás - 2010.12.19. 01:30:54 (Válasz adonies #2291 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: adonies - 2010.12.18. 10:06:24
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.12.18. 06:20:23
You're missing the point. Based on your reasoning, I can't ask about Willy Wonka, since he's not a title character in "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory", or Wolverine in the "X-Men" franchise... Etc. Oompa Loompa's are fundamental characters in the plot, and their use has been repeated in many other areas. Ultimately, of all the questions to complain about, this was a lousy choice - given that they are NOT obscure by any stretch, and the answer can be easily discovered with even a minor effort.

It's not my reasoning, or my point - I read the guidelines (as you must have as well) and create quiz questions that do not contradict them. And it's by these very guidelines that I complain about quiz questions. You should not stretch them to accommodate favorite subjects.

And I say the Oompa Loompa's are the 3rd most important character(s), behind Charlie & Wonka. Therefore, by your own definition of the rules, as a main character, the question is allowed.

And guess what - it has been allowed
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2293. hozzászólás - 2010.12.19. 01:34:25
Which of the following is a move in chess?
Spoon
Needle
Fork
Knife

A "Fork" is not a move, it is an advantageous position in which a single piece threatens two (usually powerful) opposition pieces and cannot be blocked, ensuring that the player will lose one of those pieces on the next move. The question is a smart one in concept, it's just phrased incorrectly.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2294. hozzászólás - 2010.12.19. 08:00:12
I am yellow and i am a fruit that likes hot places and i am oval shaped and i am about 10-15 inches,i like hot places like the philippines what am i?

Banana's are "oval shaped"? Also bananas come in green and brown varieties, not just yellow. Lastly, in production rates, the Phillippines (note the capitalization too) rates around 5th in global exports. This is just an atrocious question for a 'bunch' of reasons.
averageBoar
Végzetúr poronty
154 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2295. hozzászólás - 2010.12.19. 10:59:31
What bodily fluid, according to the Four Temperaments Theory, do Melancholic personalities have an abundance of?
Yellow Bile
Black Bile
Pleghm
Blood

Yes, psychology is one of the most important knowledge, which is needed for a browser fantasy RPG. The question is: how the hell should this known by anyone, who never learned that stuff? The question is too special, please delete it.

In golf who was known as the Golden Bear?
John Daly
Greg Norman
Jack Nicklaus
Johnny Miller

Also special, the golf is the sport of a not-so-large-community around the world.

What breed of dog is APBT asssociated with?
Pit Bull
Presa Canario
Chihuahua
Dogo Argentino

With 2 "s" letters, maybe... Oh, the vulgarity filter... Try other word...

Which News Broadcasting Company is not Affiliated to any Government Entity?
CCTV
BBC
NHK
CNN

Well, this is a joke, right? Why should anyone know this? And mainly: who cares? What is the point in this information?
A hozzászólást Boar módosította 2010.12.19. 11:00:24-kor
averageBoar
Végzetúr poronty
154 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2296. hozzászólás - 2010.12.19. 14:11:42
Id, ego, and super-ego are the three parts of the psychic apparatus defined in whose structural model of the psyche?
Sigmund Freud
Abram Maslow
Carl Rogers
David Hume

And another uncommon knowledge...
much likedManannan Mac LirFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
51 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2297. hozzászólás - 2010.12.19. 15:49:06
uncommon - I would have though everybody knew that one...
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2298. hozzászólás - 2010.12.19. 15:58:50 (Válasz Viridel #2293 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.12.19. 01:34:25
Which of the following is a move in chess?
Spoon
Needle
Fork
Knife

A "Fork" is not a move, it is an advantageous position in which a single piece threatens two (usually powerful) opposition pieces and cannot be blocked, ensuring that the player will lose one of those pieces on the next move. The question is a smart one in concept, it's just phrased incorrectly.

When you make a move to get your piece in the fork position, thats a fork move.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2299. hozzászólás - 2010.12.19. 16:12:21 (Válasz Boar #2295 hozzászólására.)
Ok Boar, lets begin:

1. It is a theory of psycology. It is as valid a question as relativity theory. Ofcourse is less common but that is not the factor that dictates which questions are ok. If it was going deper in the theory it would be rejected. But he just asked the main idea of it.
2. Golf might or might not be popular, i do not debate that since it is not an issue here. Golf is an established WORLDWIDE sport and has the right to be treated the same way as football, basketball, water polo, etc.
3.No arrrgument here
4.I do not find it very usefull either but that does not mean the information is useless. Personally i found it interesting to know.

5. About the alter ego post, although i do not agree with manannan that everybody knows that, it is still general question, so point 1 applies
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
2300. hozzászólás - 2010.12.19. 16:30:34 (Válasz Boar #2296 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Boar - 2010.12.19. 14:11:42
Id, ego, and super-ego are the three parts of the psychic apparatus defined in whose structural model of the psyche?
Sigmund Freud
Abram Maslow
Carl Rogers
David Hume

And another uncommon knowledge...

Another example of a user assuming that because they don't know something, hardly anyone else does either. This one is well on the common side of that line.
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője