Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Cruel01

Dátum: 2011.05.03. 12:25:16
My point is that if we have 2 teams, the first with 40 players, the second with 20 and both having half their players weak/inactive (20 and 10, respectively), the team with 40 players will simply destroy the team with 20 in the current model. In the model I proposed, it would be a close dispute.

Cruel.
Dátum: 2011.05.03. 01:06:19
Weak/Inactive players will always hinder any team. I recognize that getting balance is not always easy, but I believe the proposed solution is very simple and would benefit the team with stronger players instead of the team with more players and this makes more sense to me.

Regarding the fact that players who do well individually should get compensated, I definitely agree (and I think the Map Event should replicate this model because it is very frustrating to do well and be in the worst team )

Cruel.
Dátum: 2011.05.03. 00:02:23
I liked stekkos' idea also and I believe it deserves some study. Maybe create professions and each profession would have unique skills?

I would also like to propose some adjustments in the game to make the life of workers, aka the alt+tab experts (like myself)
- Why doesn't the game include, in the toolbar, a countdown for any activity. So, for example, if I am in the duel page, I would see the countdown to no penalty. If I am in the skill page, I would see the countdown for mind boost, etc... This way, I would not need to open the page so often to check the timer, only having to check the toolbar.
- The game should have less disconnections for inactivity. I always have to do the login again if I am out for more than 10-15 min. This time should be extended to 2 hours.
- A third (and harder possibly) help would be to offer an option to see the game with no graphics. Only text. This would also make our lives easier at work.

Cruel.
Dátum: 2011.04.29. 17:09:33
Miklos,
The suggestion is not to consider the win/loss ratio. It is to use the win/players in team ratio.
In the beginning of the event, the game would count the number of players in each team. 30 minutes later, it would sum all the wins in each team and divide by the number of players each team had 30 minutes before. The process would be repeated every 30 minutes. The reason to use the number of players in the beginning of the 30 minute window is to address the people who leave the teams during such period.

Cruel.
Dátum: 2011.04.28. 19:01:05
Idézet: D00ml0rd - 2011.04.27. 00:27:48
i love this event

best so far

nice one admin

I disagree with this view.
The event is not so great, even though I find it awesome to get so much SE for the duels

It was very poorly designed. The team with more players will win the event and this is very frustrating, specially because it could have been very easily fixed. Why don't we have a win/player ratio instead of only wins? I guess whoever thought of the event imagined that counting only wins vs player would create a balance, but this assumption makes no sense. Except in very unlikely scenarios.

Cruel.
Dátum: 2011.04.27. 11:58:27
I believe the number already considers only the wins vs players. A ranking including the wins that don't count would be pointless.

Cruel.
Dátum: 2011.04.26. 19:59:43
Miklos explained the formula was designed to create balance between EH and DD players. As one hunt is required for each duel, the sum of both should give a similar SE/XP for both EH and DD players. I believe this is absolutely fair.

Regarding Martin calculation, you can't forget luck and the spec. hunt affect how much you make in hunts. I think that if you consider those, the 7% difference will vanish.

Also, I would like to point out that, as I had predicted on post 10 of this topic, the event is very unbalanced. In W2, 2 teams are already out of the competition in less than 12h.

Cruel.
Dátum: 2011.04.13. 11:53:46
It is not gonna happen.
I remember the same discussion when Piggy was banned and it didn't happen.

Cruel.
Dátum: 2011.04.09. 22:36:53
My game has changed the layout to increase abilities/skills. Instead of the usual (+) sign, I have the following text: "It can be trained for xx Soul Energy".
It looks very weird.

Edit: Installed FF4 and it is back to normal.

Cruel.
Dátum: 2011.03.30. 12:26:12
Thank you stekkos.

Cruel.
Dátum: 2011.03.30. 12:22:29
I also thought it could be NORM(ST) instead of RND (ST).
Anyway, I fully disagree with the hidden formulas. They should be public to allow the players to better develop their strategies.

Cruel.
Dátum: 2011.03.29. 16:19:32
Does the bonus granted by the pixie and the demon (familiars) affect all pets?

Cruel.
Dátum: 2011.03.26. 21:28:05
Absorption is 0. I only attack people with weapon and shield lvl 1. No pets.
The formula must be wrong.

Cruel.
Dátum: 2011.03.26. 04:15:33
I believe the formula for the damage is not correct.
I have been trying to do the 30 damage quest with the mace (2-9) + 27 Strength, which means I should get 3-36 damage and I have done hundreds oh hits with no success. If the formula was accurate (Damage = 2-9 + RND(27)), my odds would be around 17%. And my luck has been always higher than my level, which means I should be getting 5ish-9 from the mace and the odds should be even higher.

Cruel.
Dátum: 2011.03.25. 02:26:22
Great event!

No suggestions at this point. I will think about it.
But here are my comments/questions:

Some balance must be included. If teams don't get wins by defeating the crystal horde, teams with more players will have a disadvantage, as they will have less "valid" targets.

Will I be able to attack everyone normally if I don't join the event or will the people who join the event be immune to regular attacks?

Do I get to choose any prize or are prizes linked to the team (like the map event)?

What happens with people that have no EH? Will they get 0 SE and 0 XP?
How much XP do people with EH get? It is said that "Players with EH skill will have their XP multiplied by their EH skill level." I don't believe a person with EH 50 will get 50 * regular XP or each fight is going to give thousands of XP.

"For crystal members the Ramparts, Training Grounds, Necrofun Focus bonus should be maximum - their level/3"
Maximum - lvl /3 means that the higher the lvl, the lower the bonus. It has to be wrong.

"Crystal members will not attack once in every hour"
How often will they attack? And why will they attack if no HP is lost, no SE is lost and "clone" fights do not count towards the team wins?
Dátum: 2011.03.24. 03:41:25
My duel page has changed. Now it shows people that I can't attack due to the fact I have already attacked them in the past xxx minutes.
It started yesterday and it is quite annoying.

Cruel.
Dátum: 2011.03.16. 01:24:33
The auction items that give +ability/skill increase the base number or are added as a +after the base?
It is very different as a +after the base is much more valuable.

Cruel.
Dátum: 2011.03.16. 01:21:37
Idézet: Miklos - 2011.03.15. 12:35:27

But, the problem is, that this leads to people some sitting on 7-800 Apts all the time, to make sure they stay competitive in the upcoming events. I am no sure that this is a real problem, but nonetheless, if you have any good suggestion how to change this - without making the system more complicated - I'm looking forward to it.

I don't think this is a problem. Doomlord is a strategy game and saving up 800 AP for events is a valid strategy. And even if you save up 800 AP, it doesn't mean you will win it. I won the Xeno event in the last day and I barely made it. I could have lost as easily and that would have been awful for me because I changed my whole strategy of evolving very slowly via duels just to win the event. I took a risk and was lucky enough to be compensated, but it was not a guarantee.
I also disagree with another event for the strongest players. The Championship is good enough.

Cruel.
Dátum: 2011.03.12. 05:24:54
Idézet: ChaoticGemini - 2011.03.12. 03:46:31
Which of these organs cannot be transplanted?
Kidney
Heart
Brain
Lung

They actually are using partial brain transplants on mice. They believe it possible on humans with fetal brain slices. For adults, they believe we would have to overcome the ethical dilemmas of cloning to find a compatible donor organ.

That question was mine and I fully disagree with the rejection. Specially because I lost the right to another question!
Regarding the mice thing, I obviously referred to humans (Ok, it is not in the question, but I could have received my right to a question back and I would have included it at the end). Anyway, I found an article from the NY Times published in 82 (yes, that is right!!! - http://www.nytimes.com/1982/06/18/us/transplant-success-reported-with-part-of-a- mouse-s-brain.html) about a successful partial transplant. It seems 30 years is time enough to develop any progress with human transplant (which did not occur!!!).
Just because some people believe it might be possible one day does not mean it will.
The fact is that it is not possible today and the answer is absolutely correct.

Cruel.

P.S. As I have already stated previously, asking a question is not worth it. You lose your right to a question very easily and the SE you make is only twice for declining to ask. I will submit another one because it is my damn quest. Never again after that.
Dátum: 2011.03.05. 17:19:18
Well, I just got the Bloodsucker and it doesn't stack.
So, even with the item, the minimum is still EH*opponents level*0.2*CA*2% and not EH*opponents level*0.2*CA*2%*1.1

Cruel.