Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Twinky

Oldal: 12
Dátum: 2010.11.30. 06:39:33
Which country is not a part of Great Britain?
Scotland
Ireland <--- Marked as Correct
England
Wales

This is not correct, as Northern Ireland is part of Great Britan, only Southern Ireland is independant of Great Britan.
Dátum: 2010.06.25. 05:30:59
What is lethal for vampires?
Sunlight <-- Marked as correct
Paper
Moonlight
Sand

From this list, Sunlight would be the one more commenly thought to but you would have to be more specific because in some Vampire stories and Myths, such as in Bram Stokers Dracula.
Dátum: 2010.06.18. 23:18:26
What do Giant Panda's eat
1) Fish
2) Bamboo <-- Marked Correct
3) Grass
4) People

While the answer is correct, unfortunatly it is not the only possible correct answer, as Bamboo is in fact a Grass, to Grass would be a correct answer as well.
Dátum: 2010.04.18. 15:09:08
I bought it and it's costly, but I use it for hanging only, what am I?
A pair of Earings
A Painting
A Car
Can't remember the 4th answer

I have a problem with this question. The way it is writen leaves you to assume a single Item and not multiple items by use of the word IT. In the way that the question is writen a Painting would be the correct answer as it is A painting. But A Pair of Earings is marked as the correct answer. The problem being the word Pair, which implies more than one item, which makes it inconsistant with the question.
Dátum: 2010.04.12. 23:36:02
Idézet: Banned - 2010.04.08. 03:53:10
Idézet: Twinky - 2010.04.07. 22:27:56
Who was the first president of the United States of America?
Abraham Lincoln
George Washington <-- Marked as Correct
Thomas Jefferson
John Adams

The question either needs to be changed to ask "Who was the first President of the United States of America under the United States Constitution, or it needs to be deleated, because George Washington was the first President under the United States Constitution. John Hanson was in fact the first President of the United States of America.

http://www.marshallhall.org/hanson.html

Sorry Twink...but technically, Hanson was elected as "President of the Continental Congress"... not "President of the United States".
There is a difference...

Edited:
Sorry Jon, I completely overlooked your response...

Ok, your right, I and the Site Artical which I linked are wrong......wait that's not right.

While George Washington was the First "President of the United States under the Constitutioin", but as the artical and I have already stated. John Hanson wasn't the "President of the Constitutional Congress" , he was the first President of the United States under the Constitutional Congress".

He was still the President and was the President of the United States, in every sense of the word. It may have been the United States of America under the Contitutional Congress, but it was still The United States of America in which he was president over.
Dátum: 2010.04.07. 22:27:56
Who was the first president of the United States of America?
Abraham Lincoln
George Washington <-- Marked as Correct
Thomas Jefferson
John Adams

The question either needs to be changed to ask "Who was the first President of the United States of America under the United States Constitution, or it needs to be deleated, because George Washington was the first President under the United States Constitution. John Hanson was in fact the first President of the United States of America.

http://www.marshallhall.org/hanson.html
Dátum: 2010.03.25. 10:53:00
Idézet: Tusina - 2010.03.25. 07:27:50
Yea I dunno where I should be complaining about questions that got past evaluation but are either quite specialized or full of grammar errors.
So I will do it here.

Then there was this question about bones in the ear. "Which one of these isn't a bone in human ear?" or something like that.
Well how the kack am I supposed to know what the bones in the damn ear are IN ENGLISH? That's quite specialized information. First of all human anatomy to the lenghts of naming bones is medical school business, not common knowledge. Secondly, even if I happen to know them on my language, there are probably more non-native English speakers than native ones, and most of them are bound to have the same problem as I do, assuming they even know the ear bones.
Besides the international language of medicine is Latin, not English .

That would be the fault of whatever system translates from English to which ever language you speak than, not that of the person asking the question. The question itself doesn't ask for the English name the way you have put it, it just askes which one of the bones isn't in the human ear. So whatever the hell the answer is, should be just as understandable to you if the system used to translate english to which ever language is your native language is working correctly.

Idézet: Tusina - 2010.03.25. 07:27:50
Let me ask you, who was the president of Finland during Winter War (happened during WW2)?
Urho Kekkonen, and no, I'm not from Finland, nor am I a History Buff, I just googled it, hell I didn't even have to open the first link, his name is in the descriptive sentance for the first link. Historical Knowledge isn't "Specialized" knowledge, it's just knowledge that not everyone knows. Specialized knowledge would be some shit like "What is the name of the Artificial Intelligence that Aids Master Chief throughout the Halo Game Series".
Dátum: 2010.03.24. 16:47:24
In Maryland it is illegal to frighten who or what?
A Child
A Pigeon*
A Neighbour
A Dog

And why should we know this? Here, in Europe, we have no such idiot laws... Special! Delete!

To be fair, in most of America we don't have this stupid law, I agree it must be deleated

Which is NOT a recognised region of Scotch Whisky distillation and production?
Highland
Speyside
Moorland
Lowland

Interesting, but we're not all whisky users/ producers. Special!Delete!

We're not all Christians but I see a more than abundant amount of Biblical referances in the quizes. I'm sure there's enough whisky Drinkers on this site to justify this question.
Dátum: 2010.03.24. 14:44:40
Who was Hades, in the Roman mythology?
God of Sea
God of Love.
God of Hell. <-- Marked as Correct
God of Wine.

This question is wrong on TWO parts
1) Hades was the GREEK Name, not the Roman one, which is Pluto.

2) He is the Lord of the Underworld, which consists of several diffrent subrelms, none of which are named "Hell"

There is Tartarus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tartarus

The Asphodel Meadows
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asphodel_Fields

And Elysium or better known as The Elysian Fields
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elysium
Dátum: 2010.03.22. 11:37:49
Why do you yawn?
Because your head is numb
Because it feels good
Because your brain needs oxygen <--- Marked as Correct
Because your body just does it

This answer is wrong, and has been proven such, more over, there can be no correct answer to this question as Science still only has theories as to why one yawns.

http://library.thinkquest.org/C0126536/main.php? currentchap=6&currentsect=yawn.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yawning

Two links showing statments contrary to the theory.
Dátum: 2010.03.19. 23:02:35
Idézet: aneksi - 2010.03.19. 15:06:51
A little consistancy PLEASE! Either start treating every question fairlly or as i said ten posts ago get rid of the quizes all together.

As long as there is more than one evaluator, I doubt there will be consistancy, even then it's iffy. Hell I saw a question about the bible but it was accepted, but I put up a question about movies about the bible but it was specific knowledge...and with that, on to the reason I'm posting in here.

Who is the number one pound for pound king in boxing?
Manny Pacquiao
Marco Barrera
Mike Tyson
Joshua Clotthey

Assuming the other three besides Mike Tyson are real boxers (I don't know, this is information requires specific knowledge), the answer would be based on opinion, for instance Muhammad Ali isn't on this list, and I think HE is the Number One Pound for Pound king of Boxing.

This question needs to be removed
Dátum: 2010.03.19. 06:12:25
Who invented the light bulb?
Joseph Aspdin
Isaac Newton
Ralph Baer
Thomas Edison <-- Marked Correct

This is actually incorrect, but in this instance our Failing Education System who refuses to change what it teaches despite things like Evidence

Heinrich Gobal is in fact the man who invented the Lightbulb

http://www.technikatlas.de/~ta1/Daten_engl.htm (Check date 1854)
http://www.cracked.com/article_16072_5-famous-inventors-who-stole-their-big- idea.html (Scroll down to number 4, which is Thomas Edison)
Dátum: 2010.03.15. 11:53:21
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.03.15. 02:14:39
Idézet: Twinky - 2010.03.14. 22:43:15
I really wish that either ONE Evaluator did the evaluating or they all got together and set a solid decisive set of rules on what is and is not an acceptable question, because I just got this

How many movies, worldwide, have been made based on the Holy Bible?

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

From them, when I just resubmited it, since the first time it was submited it was rejected due to a spelling error, which indicates that it was an acceptable question to the person who looked at it that time.

Expecially when the question "In the Bible, who killed Abel" was considered an acceptable question, one which I have answered several times.

To me it seems like the evaluators are just not all together on what they find acceptable, considering my question has a much broader source (Movies based on the Bible), where as the accepted question has a much more limited source (A single section of the bible).

No, this is just a bad question. If I shoot a movie in my basement, does that count? What if I make a DVD of it and give it to a video store? And how do you define "based on the bible"? Any film where a character goes "God damn it!" or "Jesus Christ!" has a biblical element. Beyond that - worldwide? You know what's going on in some film studio in Nowhereville, North Korea? Lastly, this non-confirmable number is constantly changing, meaning the question is possibly obsolete the day it's approved.

And very lastly - in an international game, let's keep religion out of it completely - things are always more harmonious with less religion involved, not more.

My irritation isn't so much at the fact that it was rejected, but that the question that gave me the idea for that question, was approved and it is much more specific yet mine is considered something that only a "Special Group of people would know the answer".

I'm only really irritaded that they're not being consistant on what is and is not allowed as a question. Hell I know it's specific knowledge, I had to fuckin look it up myself.
Dátum: 2010.03.14. 22:43:15
I really wish that either ONE Evaluator did the evaluating or they all got together and set a solid decisive set of rules on what is and is not an acceptable question, because I just got this

How many movies, worldwide, have been made based on the Holy Bible?

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

From them, when I just resubmited it, since the first time it was submited it was rejected due to a spelling error, which indicates that it was an acceptable question to the person who looked at it that time.

Expecially when the question "In the Bible, who killed Abel" was considered an acceptable question, one which I have answered several times.

To me it seems like the evaluators are just not all together on what they find acceptable, considering my question has a much broader source (Movies based on the Bible), where as the accepted question has a much more limited source (A single section of the bible).
Dátum: 2010.03.13. 18:13:15
I put this question in the quiz and it has been rejected due to a spelling error. I would like to know where the spelling error is. I know that it is not in the answers because they are all numbers, so it has to be in the question somewhere, either that or (The more likely) the person checking it is seeing an error where there is none, as I typed this question into my WordPerfect 12 Document which I have set to auto check for spelling errors, and it isn't finding any either.

How many Movies Worldwide, have been made based on the Bible?
Dátum: 2010.03.12. 20:32:03
Idézet: Venus31 - 2010.03.12. 12:39:14
Here is another quiz error.

How Tall is the Statue of Liberty?

151 Feet 1 Inch
131 Feet 1 Inch
121 Feet 1 inch
141 Feet 1 Inch

the question itself is wrong, since there are more than 1 statue of liberty in the world. haven't you watched the movie National Treasure? The question should specify what statue of liberty is being talked about. But i believe this question is about the statue in U.S.A. So, to avoid misunderstanding, i believe that this question should be more specific.

Only partially true, as the Statue in France is not refered to as the "Statue of Liberty" she is refered to as Little Liberty
Dátum: 2010.03.11. 19:48:51
Idézet: aneksi - 2010.03.11. 16:21:52
Just saw a question I believe should not have been allowed in. It asked in the bible who killed able. Of course the correct answer is cain. But my problem with this is only a certain group of people would know this wouldn't they? Not everyone reads the bible or believes in that religion to know. I may be wrong on this and am not making a big deal about it. But do believe this shouldn't of been allowed.

Normally would agree with you, expecially when given the chance to spit in the face of Organized Religion, but I'm gonna have to say that since the Bible (Either old or new testmant, I don't remember) is the #1 Selling book in the world, and the fact that several movies (The exact number I will not reveal as that will be my next Triva question but sufice it to say ALOT) have been made from it, and the fact that some bibilical events are used as a basis for some RP Games (In Vampire: The Masqurade, Cain the biblical slayer of Abel is the first Vampire) I'd say that it's common enough use.
Dátum: 2010.03.08. 23:22:08
Where does the Wizard of Oz Reside?
Kansas City
Oz
The Emerald City <-- The correct Answer
The Ruby City

The answer is actually both Oz and The Emerald City since the Emerald City resides within and is therefor part of Oz.
Dátum: 2010.03.07. 02:29:17
Idézet: God fiala - 2010.03.06. 20:31:14
Whales have been hunted.. therefore it isn't false... thanks

The Question is

Which of these following statments is FALSE

The answer is Whales have NEVER been Hunted (A False Statment by the very quote I just coppied from you)

What are you missing about this?
Dátum: 2010.03.06. 17:54:29
Yeah, I re-read it. I'm kind of a dumass about Judisim cause I keep forgetting that it dates back prior to Moses and the Hebrew people being freed from slavery.

And yeah, I was considering making it into a quiz question but I never really got around to figuring what kind of question I'd make from it.
Oldal: 12