Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - HempImp

Oldal: 1
Dátum: 2011.05.23. 16:54:22
What happened to the Three Blind Mice?
They ate all the cheese.
They lived happily ever after.
They ran up the clock.
Their tails we cut off. <--- correct answer, however, it should read Their tails WERE cut off.
Dátum: 2011.04.21. 16:31:26
I'd love to have a lit button next to my chosen "dress" feature. I can never remember what I'm wearing.
I feel like that is the point of trivia itself. To ferret out the oddball pieces of knowledge that you don't necessarily know. While I can't argue the unreasonability of such a piece of knowledge in one's head, I will argue that Googleability renders this fact not unreasonably difficult to find out, but I thank you for your insight and opinion Sbart.
Of course, I could have been lucky and googled just the right phrase or question...
I think that factoring in Googleability must be done. How can it not be, when most of us use it to gain answers to things. I'll all up for a quick answer myself on Any Sports question (except for Hockey) because I couldn't care less. On the other hand, I frequently will google for an answer and then get wrapped up in learning about something I didn't know. Got my answer, and a whole lot more. It's ok with me if I have to do a little research, for heavens sake, I've got 5 whole minutes to answer a question. I can learn a lot in 5 minutes!
I would like to vote YES to factoring in Googleability. This was my last rejected question:

The song, My Way, was released as a single in 1973 by Elvis Presley. What song was on the flip side?

Jailhouse Rock
Blue Suede Shoes
America The Beautiful <--- correct answer
Heartbreak Hotel

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

Seriously? The King of Rock? Not all who play this game are under 40, and there are so many music buffs in the world who still 'have sightings', not to mention Elvis influenced music internationally from then until eternity.
Dátum: 2011.02.04. 00:48:53
What is the slowest mammal on earth?
Panda
koala
three toad sloth
hippo

the answer is three 'toed' sloth, because he has 3 toes, not because he has 3 toads!
Dátum: 2010.12.27. 03:16:21
Phalanxii, thank you very much for explaining this. I saw opponents with much lower levels and skills/abilities than I have using more than one pet, and I could not dig up the answer in the forum. I very much appreciate it.
Dátum: 2010.12.27. 01:14:37
I don't understand how to enable fighting with more than one pet. Could this be explained, please?
Dátum: 2010.11.27. 22:06:16
What divide Baring Strait? <-- BAD SPELLING: Bering Strait
United Kingdom and France
Africa and Asia
Russia and Alaska
Sweden and Denmark
Dátum: 2010.11.16. 03:57:59
Well, thank you both so very much...I won't be so leery to test something like that again. I appreciate you putting me at ease on that, now I can enjoy playing that part of the game again. I've missed it.

HI
Dátum: 2010.11.14. 21:56:48
I've just gotten a message that if I write one more 'bad' question I will not be allowed to write more. This doesn't seem fair. I have not knowing written a question already in the data bases, and I have never intended to write 'bad' questions. So I guess I will have to pass them all through here first, and if I get permission from you, I will write it...but then what if another evaluator (there is only one per question, is this correct?) receives it and rates it bad?

Is there any redemption from this state I am in? Will I be allowed to return to writing questions after X amount of good ones have been sent?

I get all manner of obscure sport questions (both European and American) and not being a sports fan, I have to google all of them. I'm terrible at math, so I use the calculator automatically built into my operating system for those problems, if I don't want to fool with it, or if I think I can make a reasonable deduction, I will have a go at answering. Because I think (am not certain) all players have access to these things, Google is free if you have an internet connection and you must in order to play; I know nothing of Mac computers, but I don't know of any PC operating systems that don't have a calculator in the Accessories tab...
I don't have a problem researching questions I get, and I try to research properly questions I am trying to write. There is so much grammatical error and misspellings in the game content itself, and knowing that this is being played on an international level, that unless a question is impossible to discern either the question itself or a reasonable answer for it, I cannot figure out why the admins are so picky. It's pretty clear the things written by them are not always correct, so why should players submitting questions have to be when trying to write in a language that is not their native tongue?
At any rate, I would like some help to that I don't get banned from playing this part of the game. It's as fun as dueling and hunting, and I can't be banned from doing those if I have bad grammar!

Any suggestions for me to be able to get back into the good graces of the evaluators. I've read everything in the forum regarding the quiz, and I will be able to better for having read it. Thank you for being willing to review questions for us so that we don't lose our ability to enjoy this aspect of Doomlord.

HI
Dátum: 2010.10.31. 14:45:50
I wanted to take a moment to thank the guys who work on this for taking their time to make it spooky for Halloween. It's silly, but it's just cracks me up catching these killer stuffy's with glowing eyes, and I love my pumpkin head. You didn't have to, but thanks for making things a bit silly. We all need some silliness now and then.

HempImp
Dátum: 2010.10.01. 13:26:58
Re: You can increase the amount of your maximum available APs from 250/400 to 400/800 by spending 200 APs. This is a one time cost, once you paid for it your APs available maximum is permamently increased. In addition, you will be able to duel 3 times in a row instead of 2 without getting a penalty.

I did this just before the Awakening of Zarknod event began, and I was getting more AP's. This tapered back during that event, and now I am once again not getting enough, even though this is supposed to be a permanent increase. I do still have the ability to duel 3 times in a row, but I am still trying to fill the soul well to become a full fledged member of my clan. Can you tell me what happened? Did it get glitched up because of Zarknod? What can I do to restore my permanent gain?

I just noticed a little rain cloud next to my name that says (hated) by it. What exactly does that mean? What is hated? My character, my name?

Oh...now I am liked. How nice.
Dátum: 2010.09.10. 20:24:30
Hello. This question is incorrect, there are 2 letters not included in the Periodic Table of The Elements, and both choices are listed in his group of answers to choose from.

Which is the only letter NOT in the periodic table?
X
Y
J
Q

Neither Q nor J is in the Periodic Table of the Elements.

Thanks, HempImp
Dátum: 2010.08.05. 19:09:01
Who won the F1 season in 2005?

Fernando Alonso
Michael Schumaher
Kimi Räikkönen
Lewis Hamilton

I think this is a question requiring special knowledge. To me, F1 is a key on my computer keyboard, I have no idea what this. I assume it's a sport because of the word 'won' but have no idea what kind or what country...
Dátum: 2010.08.01. 16:15:37
Which of the following is not a capital city?

Lome
Lisbon
Lima
Luxor

Lome?
Dátum: 2010.07.31. 06:47:07
Something about fire in it's normal state. Plasma is listed as the correct answer, and it is incorrect. Physics
Is fire plasma?
Fire is not usually not hot enough to create a plasma. It is usually a mixture of hot gases undergoing a chemical reaction, mostly between oxygen and the fuel. However, if the flame is very hot, these gases can become temporarily ionized, making them plasma. These very high temperatures are found in welding arcs, lightning bolts, and the Sun.

Welding arcs, lightning bolts, and the Sun are not 'normal' states of fire.

thanks,

HempImp
Dátum: 2010.07.12. 16:06:34
I came across a question about which American Indian tribe Pocahontas was from. Two of the choices were Iriquois and Mohawk. The Iriquois Nation of tribes is actually made up of 5 tribes including the Mohawk, Oneida, Onondaga, Cayuga, and Seneca. Iriquois is not a tribe in and of itself.
The answer is that she was from the Powhatan tribe, so the answer is irrelevant to my concerns, but I'm not sure if this is considered incorrect questioning or not. To me it felt like the question maker was giving a misleading (or misinformed) choice.
Oldal: 1