Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - ImLittleJon

Dátum: 2010.12.24. 16:14:23
Idézet: Manannan Mac Lir - 2010.12.24. 11:03:24
In the Epic of Gilgamesh who does the main hero go to meet after the death of Enkidu?

Utnapishtim <-----------
Merlin
Manannán mac Lir
Zeus

Hardly anyone would know the answer to that question, or have any idea who Utnapishtim was without some context. However, given the wrong answers, a blind squirrel should be able to get that question correct. So my question (for stekkos) is: are the wrong answers supposed to be factored in to the "special group" calculations? If so, this question really boils down to "Which of these names is Sumerian?"
Dátum: 2010.12.23. 20:08:54
Idézet: Jaresiah - 2010.12.23. 19:55:55
What is that about squeezing?? How do I do that?

First, you buy your learning skill up to at least level 26. Then you buy at least 1 level of SE squeezing. Then, on the Pets page, there will be a Squeeze pet link alongside Captured creatures and Release pet. If you click the Squeeze pet link, the page will switch to squeeze mode. Then, instead of having a Training button next to pets that you capture, you'll have a Squeeze soul-energy link. If you click that, you will kill off the pet and get some SE in exchange. Here's some more info:
http://doomlord.wikidot.com/skill26
Dátum: 2010.12.23. 01:10:32
Idézet: Inv_ - 2010.12.22. 21:30:43
exploit = cheat
or
clever use of game mechanics?

just to make sure we're on the same page

Let's posit for the sake of argument that the observed behavior (hitting people within a second or two of exiting safety through unpredictable means, such as healing potions or Constitution equipment) is a result of some kind of clever use of game mechanics, and not anything that is explicitly banned. Does that make it all good in your view? Something like this would obviously be banned if the admins were aware of it. So, to me, taking advantage of something like that is just as morally reprehensible as doing something that is actually forbidden. MsPiggy was a top player before she began exploiting this whatever it is; she didn't need to go down this road. Like Ciphas, I had a cordial relationship with MsPiggy once - the three of us had a fun rivalry going for a while - and I feel disappointed that she decided to play this way.
Dátum: 2010.12.23. 00:56:44
Idézet: Bash Chelik - 2010.12.22. 18:09:00
she was in carpacio before homless
and i could say she does not know anything

It really bugs me when people try to win debating points using fallacious arguments. MsPiggy left Carpacio all of about 2 weeks after you joined, about 6 months ago. That's hardly a basis to make it look like you're an authority on what she does or doesn't know.

Besides which, although it may be true that she doesn't have a clue how to write a script, that doesn't prove she isn't using a script that someone else wrote.
Dátum: 2010.12.22. 19:47:07
Idézet: Inv_ - 2010.12.22. 19:30:02
you can't be serious.. so to suspend an account all is takes is a few ppl QQing about some player? ok.. here goes :

I want top 25 players in W2 suspended (yes, even me). It sooo obvious they cheat cause .. you know.. they're top 25.

And i thought this was a serious game

The argument against her has nothing to do with the fact that she's top 25. Perhaps that influences the vehemence in some quarters, though. Anyway, the issue is that even if you come out of safety early, e.g. through manipulation of Constitution boosting equipment or drinking healing potions, she hits you within a second or two. By the time you click to hit the epic or whatever, it's already too late. To do that through sheer luck is a once in a lifetime kind of thing, and she did it regularly.

As for being a serious game, it's not like they suspended her just because of complaints. They gathered data and analyzed it before making their decision. Without knowing what the data showed, you're just complaining because you don't like the decision.
Dátum: 2010.12.22. 19:36:51
Idézet: Bash Chelik - 2010.12.22. 17:25:32
in that case she would be permanently suspended
i don`t understand why temporarily though

My guess is they are giving her a chance to come clean, say she's learned her lesson, and promise never to do it again.
Dátum: 2010.12.21. 15:38:41
Positive reinforcement would be good, as well as negative reinforcement. Maybe some way for the clan to grant members little icons on their character sheet (without any game effect). We've proven that even people who don't care a bit about the game effect of those Lady Alvariel's medallions will go to great lengths to get one, just to have that little icon.
Dátum: 2010.12.20. 23:16:47
Idézet: ChaoticGemini - 2010.12.20. 21:39:54
Anyone care to tell me what I'm supposed to do with this question?

put the correct number. 1, 4, 8, 13, ...

You're supposed to use your Super Chaotic Evaluator powers to reject it.
Dátum: 2010.12.20. 17:50:04
Who is the English physicist responsible for the 'Big Bang Theory'?
Albert Einstein
Roger Penrose
George Gamow
Michael Skube

A) Gamow was Russian
B) Gamow's work provided support for the Big Bang theory, but he is nowhere near responsible for it.
Dátum: 2010.12.19. 20:18:24
Idézet: adonies - 2010.12.19. 19:05:33
Which of the following famous Greeks is a fictional character?

Zorba. <-- correct
El Greco.
Vangelis.
Maria Callas.

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
According to evaluators your question is ambiguous.

El Greco is a famous painter of the 16th century, Maria Callas a famous opera singer of the 50s and Vangelis a contemporary music composer. Any googling will bring these items first. Then Zorba is a fictional character depicted in the Kazantakis's novel "Zorba the Greek". Any googling will bring this answer first.

Anyone see any ambiguity?

Maybe because there are probably real Greeks named Zorba? Or there might be fictional novels featuring characters named El Greco or something. Seems clear enough to me, though, so I would have accepted it, personally.
Dátum: 2010.12.19. 16:31:42
Idézet: D00ml0rd - 2010.12.19. 03:35:02
just scryed someone and his hp are whacked

Hit Points: 10.714 / 7.068 HP

how can someone have more hp than his maximum?

no special relics.

Maybe they had a bunch of equipment on that boosted their constitution and then switched equipment?
Dátum: 2010.12.19. 16:30:34
Idézet: Boar - 2010.12.19. 14:11:42
Id, ego, and super-ego are the three parts of the psychic apparatus defined in whose structural model of the psyche?
Sigmund Freud
Abram Maslow
Carl Rogers
David Hume

And another uncommon knowledge...

Another example of a user assuming that because they don't know something, hardly anyone else does either. This one is well on the common side of that line.
Dátum: 2010.12.19. 16:29:07
Idézet: LydonB - 2010.12.19. 12:16:35
Lads, it's nearly 2011. Let's keep certain things in the past shall we?

As for the whole "skinhead" description; it doesn't necessarily refer to ethnic groups or whatnot - Be open minded.

I'm a skinhead myself, yet I'm not involved in any ethnic groups and whatnot; It simply means that I don't have any hair - Bald/Cue ball or whatever you want to call it.

The term "skinhead" may not be associated with neo-nazis or whatever where you're from. Certainly, being bald isn't. But where I'm from, the only bald people who would describe themselves using that term are white supremacists.
Dátum: 2010.12.17. 03:51:39
What is the true meaning of the word "kid"?
Child
Baby
Billy Goat
Little People

A billy goat is an adult male (un-neutered) goat. A kid is a juvenile goat of either gender.
Dátum: 2010.12.16. 03:18:01
Idézet: adonies - 2010.12.15. 19:34:23
"Many people would sooner ___ than think; in fact, they do so." (famous quote by Bertrand Russel).

Spelling mistakes in question or answers.

Anyone care to point out the problem, please?

Bertrand Russell has two l's at the end. That may or may not have been the cause of rejection.
Dátum: 2010.12.15. 16:30:39
Idézet: TheLion - 2010.12.15. 14:40:54
In financial terms, a 30/360 accrual basis represents...
absolutely nothing!

What is mispelled?

Stekkos posted about this one already. Any form of "none of these" will cause your question to get rejected. The spelling status is just so you don't get docked a question.
Dátum: 2010.12.15. 14:37:06
Idézet: Bloomer - 2010.12.15. 09:48:02
Is it possible to know, what exactly determinate the size of clan SW? Cos we are building and building, and still we are behind.

That just means the other clan(s) are building as much or more than you are. The clan SW size is increased by members building with their SE. Depending on the size of the SW, the increase is a set percentage of how much you put in (as the SW size goes up, the percentage gets smaller). There's a post in here somewhere with the exact numbers, but I can't seem to find it now.
Dátum: 2010.12.14. 18:28:15
A further update to this issue. The number of map pieces required for a higher level reward is now 90 for me (I have 45 + it says I need 45 more). I have not leveled up in the interim. As long as that number keeps going down, I guess I'm ok with it. But it better not ever go up. And I'd definitely prefer if they just kept the same number, or explained in advance what conditions affect the number.
Dátum: 2010.12.12. 15:58:58
Idézet: Furlozza - 2010.12.12. 11:24:16
After whom is the window style "palladian" named?

Andrea Palladio
Andrew Palladian
Andrea Palladium
Palladio Windoctus

Only the evaluator(s) who rejected your attempts can tell you for sure what their reasoning was. But a lot of times the spelling status is used for reasons other than spelling, due to the fact that it doesn't use up one of your questions. So my guess is the real issue is that your wrong answers are too similar to the correct one. I would keep the one where Palladio was the first name instead of the last name, throw in a Pallas Athena, and then one more where the first name is completely unrelated to the correct first name. You might still end up getting a "too special" rejection, though, as your question is rather obscure.
Dátum: 2010.12.10. 22:14:10
This thread is for things that make you scratch your head when you look at the rate of correct answers of questions you submitted. What are your easiest/hardest questions?

20% Who won the inaugural Hugo award for best novel?

This isn't something I would expect anyone else to know off the top of their head, but the answer is easily Googled. This is nowhere near the most obscure question I've asked, yet it's in danger of being my first deletion.

36.78% Which of the following countries does not lie on the equator?

Look at a map, guys. The correct answer is a well known country in Central America. The equator runs way farther south.

63.93% The phrase "banana republic" was coined by O. Henry, based on his stay in which country?

Good job on this one. I expected this one to be much lower. Heck, I'd probably have to Google it now...

79.8% Which of these is the most successful (widest spread) mammal on the planet after humans?

Likewise, I thought this was harder.

84.52% Which of these do El Niño and La Niña commonly refer to?

That's the highest percentage correct of any I've asked. I knew this one was easy, but I thought the next two were even easier:

68.83% Complete the rule: I before E except after ____.

Proving that 31.17% of Doomlord users are illiterate.

56.23% The Golden Rule is which of these?

And that 43.77% of Doomlord users are sociopaths.