Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - nerdears

Oldal: 12
Dátum: 2010.08.26. 20:49:08
I am not sure if this has been suggested, but I would love to see the ability to build levels on to the Catacombs, with each level decreasing reuse time.
Dátum: 2010.08.24. 12:40:21
One other suggestion for those of you looking for a way to keep in touch with your members is to create a webpage and possibly even a chat room for your clan. I just did both for clan Throtmor and I had neither done either of them before, so it was obviously fairly easy. Both were free and easy to create and get working. If you had those you could do whatever you want with a webpage, from message boards or big pieces of info and a chat room is fairly self explanatory.

This is just a suggestion for those of you looking for more ways to communicate easily with your members. If anyone is interested in what sites I used for my clan webpage and chat room, message me in game (Nerdears). Otherwise I am sure you can just do a search for free website creators or free chat room creators.
Dátum: 2010.08.17. 16:19:18
To all who are interested: Clan Throtmor just recently finished construction of it's new website. In an effort to bring more of the game together I am looking to link other clans who may have websites. We are a Sapphire clan, but any clans are welcome to have their link posted on our site. Also, if anyone knows of other Doomlord related sites that are not clan sites (I already have the Caveat page) please also let me know. Please contact Nerdears in game or leave me a message here and I will check back.
Dátum: 2010.08.16. 18:50:25
I like this idea! I have linked the chat on my clan webpage, so maybe some guys will pop in. I'll also try to stop by from time to time.
Dátum: 2010.08.16. 18:39:19
I really like all the suggestions about alternative wars. I would like to add another idea. The Zarkod's Awakening event made me think of it. What if we were able to have horde wars? Sapphire vs. Ruby, etc. Rewards could be given to individuals who contributed or rewards could be given to those clans who had representatives. This would be a fun way to show the alliances of the hordes and also include the few players who don't have clans (not that I am overly concerned with them). This is just a thought and I am not sure how difficult it would be to implement, but I think it could be a lot of fun. The only problem I see with it is how to determine who can declare the war. I would think it would work similarly to declaring a clan war, but one clan could declare war and then all other clans in that horde would have a vote. Again, I'm not sure on the implementation, but it is just a thought.
Dátum: 2010.07.28. 14:18:57
Clan Throtmor on world 1 currently has openings, but Blackrain is now our recruiter, so please contact him with questions, or apply directly to Throtmor.
Dátum: 2010.05.21. 14:52:25
One thing I would love to see is if a clan has both a dimension gate and a treasury, would be a way to be able to place items won in the dimension gate into the treasury for clan mates to bid on, as you do with epic battle rewards. I have won several items in the dimension gate and while I usually sell my extras in the auction hall, I would love my clan members to be able to have the ability to use them instead.
Dátum: 2010.04.29. 12:15:39
There is a question "Who is John Madden?"

There are two correct answers given

"a retired football player"
"an ice hockey player"

The one they want is retired football player, but there is a player on the Chicago Blackhawks named John Madden. I actually got this wrong because I live in Chicago and have been watching a lot of hockey.

Please remove this question or fix the answers given.
Dátum: 2010.04.13. 21:11:33
I have a feeling I already know the answer, but I was curious if there is any way to manipulate text when posting on a clan data sheet. Is there a way to make words larger, smaller, bold, italic, etc.? Just wondering. Thanks.
Dátum: 2010.03.04. 16:48:19
Idézet: aneksi - 2010.03.04. 02:46:46
Idézet: nerdears - 2010.03.03. 21:20:35
Most people know it as "Ring Around the rosey, pocket full of posey, ashes, ashes, we all fall down"!

I haven't had this question yet nor did I write it, but I do know it is about the black plague and the actual rhyme (or as close as I can remember) is:

"Ring a ring of roses, pocket full of posies (I think), achoo, achoo, we all fall down" and refers to the protection they tried to use against the plague.

Does this help with the question and answer? I don't know what answers were given and I don't know what the actual question is.

Also, I happened to know this without looking it up, but I doubt it is common knowledge.

The story goes in 1347 people sang this song because of the plague. The "ring" refered to the round red rash. The "a pocket full of posies" was the flowers ppl carried for protection. "Ashes" was a corruption of the sneezing sounds. And " all fall down" were the dead. It has a lot of variations. Amung the one we all know, the one listed above, there are also.

Ring a ring a rosie,
A bottle full of posie,
All the girls in town,
Ring a little Josie.

Round the ring of roses,
Pots full of posies,
The one stoops the last,
Shell tell whom she loves the best.

Ring-a-ring o' roses,
A pocket full of posies,
One for jack, and one foe jim,
And one for little moses.
A-tischa! A-tischa! A-tischa!

Ring, a ring o'roses,
A pocket full o' posies,
Up-stairs and down-stairs,
In my lady's chamber-
Husher! Husher! Cuckoo.

BUT the actual history of the meaning is up to interpritation. All of these version are said to be from around the same era. But noone has any idea the true meaning of any of them.

The actually meaning wasnt even published until 1961. And by that i mean it was never published before this date that this song refered to the black plague.

Many believe the songs derived from religious bans on dancing. And that adolescents would play these songs as games in which rings were involved. They even had more the one dance or game. "Little sally saucer" was also a song compared to this one.

So in the end songs like this and a tisket a tasket, hey diddle didle and even i am a little walrus all have no particular meaning. So to say it is for SURE this song is derived from the black plague actually is false.

See that, now I have even more useless knowledge about this! LOL, thanks for the added info.
Dátum: 2010.03.03. 21:38:59
Yeah, I don't remember where I picked up that bit of useless knowledge, and seeing as how it turned into a little kid thing, it's kind of morbid, because the "achoo, achoo, we all fall down" part indicates when the people actually catch the plague (they are sneezing) and then they die (they all fall down). Kinda disturbing, when you think about it.
Dátum: 2010.03.03. 21:20:35
Most people know it as "Ring Around the rosey, pocket full of posey, ashes, ashes, we all fall down"!

I haven't had this question yet nor did I write it, but I do know it is about the black plague and the actual rhyme (or as close as I can remember) is:

"Ring a ring of roses, pocket full of posies (I think), achoo, achoo, we all fall down" and refers to the protection they tried to use against the plague.

Does this help with the question and answer? I don't know what answers were given and I don't know what the actual question is.

Also, I happened to know this without looking it up, but I doubt it is common knowledge.
Dátum: 2010.03.02. 22:03:57
I just received the following question. It is the first time it has popped up for me.

"How much water can be hold in 10 M3?"

Huh?!? I'm GUESSING that the question should be "How much water can be held in 10 cubic meters?" I personally have no idea and actually got the answer wrong. I'm sure I could have looked harder and eventually gotten the answer, but could we at least change the wording and also write out "cubic meters" instead of "M3", especially since we can't use the small 3 to indicate cubed?
Dátum: 2010.03.01. 15:07:22
Idézet: Pogaxa - 2010.03.01. 14:48:42
major events light up the Clan menu but under that no sign of anything happening, forum posts, events etc.

forgot to add that i'm using Firefox.

I am using Apple Safari and I am experiencing the same thing.
Dátum: 2010.02.28. 14:11:15
I thought about that, Stekkos, but there are a couple of things that would help with lower level players being involved in a clan infection. First, if you start the infection for a clan at 45 or 50 building, most (I know, not all) clans won't have as many, if any, lower level players. Secondly, if they do have lower level players in the clan, those players wouldn't get the effects of the infection until they fill their soul wells, just as they don't get any other clan benefits. By the time they fill a soul well for a clan with 45 or 50 building, they will know what to expect from the infection.

As far as all clan members not agreeing which direction to take on whether to fight it or accept it, don't clans disagree on things all the time? That's kind of the fun of being a part of a clan.
Dátum: 2010.02.28. 13:53:17
This is probably just being nit-picky, but I just got a question that asked how many stars are on the flag of the Philippines. The flag has 3 stars and 1 sun on it, but most people should know that a sun us also a star. Thankfully there was no answer for 4, as I might have tried that as my answer, and the only logical acceptable answer was then 3, but it still threw me off a little bit.
Dátum: 2010.02.26. 21:52:21
Look, Jerko, you can get upset and lower all of my ratings if you want to, I really don't care. I and the other people trying to have some fun are attempting to do just that. I am not trying to put you down and I am not trying to make you angry. I am trying to make it fun. You don't have to write a novel, just a few sentences describing an attack and a defense. It doesn't have to be elaborate. Look at Ciphas' first post, it was just barbed wire. You don't need much to have some fun, but you do need to try. Otherwise, why are you playing? The fun isn't in winning the hill, that happens with each post. The fun is finding a crazy, creative way around each person's posted defenses. I would love for you to play, but c'mon, give us something to work with...
Dátum: 2010.02.26. 21:35:09
It's already done, Jerko. Here you go.

http://forum.doomlord.net/index.php/topic,26.0
Dátum: 2010.02.26. 21:31:31
It was a nice try Ciphas...
Dátum: 2010.02.26. 21:28:43
Why are you worried about having EVERYONE equal. The game is already set up so that you can only attack or be attacked by a certain level range. There is never a world, real or fantasy, where everyone is equal. There is no need for me to be at the level or skill of a Stekkos or Caveat, for example. Horde aside, they will never be able to attack me, and I am fine with that. While I may lose constantly to people around my level like Boar or Killerbee, it is my choice to build my character that way. If you want to be involved in the world of the strongest, get stronger and join their clans.

As far as a second world, although I am in no way one of the admins or game designers, I am sure as this world grows with players, another world will be opened.

Realize though, that this will not solve the equality problem. It may start that way, but eventually as more people join it will be just like this one with a wide range of levels and player types.

So lets be honest with each other, you don't want equality, you want to be in the strongest group, which is fine, but let's just call it what it is.
Oldal: 12