Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - MsPiggy

Oldal: 1234
Dátum: 2010.11.16. 06:59:49
As nobody seems to know how it works, and it doesn't match the skill description, I decided to report this as a bug.

I have 50 creative affinity and sometimes I properly get double SE as I should, other times I only get a partial bonus and it even happens I get no bonus at all.

Please make it so it gives the full bonus all the time (best choice) or
Change the skill description to explain the effects of the skill properly. And if not random, please do mention the factors influencing its effects. (second choice)
Dátum: 2010.11.16. 06:50:22
Grrr, almost got tricked into defending myself again just because it's another tread...surely everyone understands this isn't the place for it. Thanks for those who spoke in my defence, but please just ignore the hate-spam
It's not likely they'll listen to anything much you have to say and even if my account was to be checked and found clean they'd just say I run a script that's too good to be found out.

The best I can do is to do my best and give them lots of 'circumstantial evidence' in the future too

As for the creative affinity issue, I'll post it in the bug section now since nobody seems to know how it works, please don't make a mess of things there as well :S
Dátum: 2010.11.14. 18:04:27
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.11.13. 23:28:29
An issue I have in being in the Top5 of World 2 - I HAVE to run at 15DP per day, or I can't hit anyone other than a few guys. Meanwhile, someone a few levels lower has dozens of targets in their range, and can stay at 30DP per day. It's really hurting my Challenge (and to some degree, Adventure) totals since in being successful, I have to choose to accumulate fewer DP.

Is it really fair that I lose 105 DP per week just because I'm at a higher level than 99.8% of the competition?

I think that as you go up in levels, you can keep the 30DP option, but you can start hitting a few levels below you... Maybe 7.5%, rounded down, so a L54 can hit L50+ And for the 15DP option, you can hit a 15% lower level player.

Thoughts?

Being high level has it's benefits too. And if you challenge lower level people, your chances to win usually rise, so that balanced out a little. There's also the option to use Crystal potions, but what I'd advice is to get the Continuum demunition skill. Even with few targets, if you can challenge them every hour, they should suffice. Provided you're active enough to do that of course.

As for the broadened attack options, it'd be ok if challenges have a wider range than duels. The lower level opponent could get a x% bonus to skills for each level you challenge below yourself, of course the bonus only takes effect in defensive challenges. A much lower level player will easily lose all HP by an attack from a high level player, so the attack range shouldn't be widened too much. I think the current range is fair.
Dátum: 2010.11.14. 17:34:48
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.11.11. 04:48:13
I wouldnt call it a range of rewards, it just doubles the se you get. So if on a duel you get 1000se from the player, you get 2000 instead without him loosing the extra 1000. How did you come to the conclusion it does not give you the proper ammount?

That is what I thought, but it doesn't seem the case.
Character pages show both lost SE and losses, so if their only added loss is from me while they lost much more than half the SE I got, it makes you wonder... (I took into account the fact that they take time to update.
I also did some experiments with someone to take a look at how the looting works and this was one of the conclusions, I couldn't however determine what determined the effectiveness of the skill.
Thirdly, occasionally people I attack send messages that make mention of the amount I took from them and it doesn't always equal to half of what I received.

I guess I should repost in the 'bugs' section if nobody has a clue about it.
Dátum: 2010.11.11. 00:53:53
I noticed the skill 'creative affinity' doesn't always work.
What are the conditions for this skill to take (full) effect?
I have 50 creative affinity and sometimes I properly get double SE as I should, other times I only get a partial bonus and it even happens I get no bonus at all. Because of the range of rewards it gives, I highly doubt it's just a bug...
I'd love to know how it works so I will be able to make the best use of it.
Dátum: 2010.11.05. 21:13:53
Just a little info on the medallions:

a) When you obtain more than 1 medallion, only 1 of them counts (the one with the highest value)

b) The bonuses only takes effect if you have at least 1 point in the skill in question. This point can be added after receiving the medallion, as soon as you add it, the bonus takes effect. To avoid confusion, you don't need to have as many points as the bonus, like with mindboost. With a gold medallion and 1 skillpoint in charisma, you get 1+15 charisma
Dátum: 2010.11.05. 20:30:46
I hardly doubt it's worth the effort to try and reply here with the selective hearing (reading) most of you have, but oh well...

As already pointed out before by the smarter of the bunch, with some spreadsheet know-how or, in my case, 2 lazy days using the help function, it's quite easy to figure out a way to get the info you need rather quickly. That is of course, IF you had the patience to observe closely what info is provided by the game.
If you want to know how, do what I did and try to figure it out yourselves...

Attacks right out of low hp are obvious and I won't bother to explain what's already been explained before...just this, expect a lot more of them

As for my attack on Little Jon, which seems to be trigger for lots of others to proof their stupidity, I already explained it before...
If I know with a high degree of certainty a good loot is waiting, especially if the target is a direct competitor who on top of that made me pay a lot of extra ducats, yes, I will put in the extra effort! Besides that, it's a small effort to refresh a page while playing anyway. The mere 5k I got was a bit disappointing though

This will be my last reply on the matter, as quite frankly, some of the posts here are quite offensive.
Your ignorance doesn't give you the right to accuse me. I think it's rather rude, and would hereby like to file complaint about the lot who just run their mouths of without restraint
Don't get me wrong, if you don't understand how I could accomplish something and discus it here on the forums, I'm perfectly fine with that, in fact I applaud it. However, don't go around accusing people just because they do something better than the rest of the players. There will always be suspicions towards those on top, after all they do better than anyone else, but please refrain from drowning in your illusions of omnipotence and for a minute consider, that just maybe, it could be possible that they are using better tactics than the almighty you...

That will be all, you may now proceed bashing me to relief your dissatisfaction with your own incompetence I won't take another look at this topic, so no need to hold back
Dátum: 2010.11.04. 18:41:11
Idézet: ImLittleJon - 2010.11.04. 17:53:59
I am officially calling out MsPiggy as a cheater. I did a suicide run and deliberately stopped just short of leveling up. I sat there for about half an hour, and I still had an hour left on my low HP when I went over. MsPiggy attacked me within 10 seconds. Even using her crystal orb, she had no legitimate way to know when I was going to choose to level up.

^@^
*does a victory dance*
If I see you're not leveling up around the estimated time, of course I'll come and take a peek until you do
It's the last day before the champs and you didn't go to rest...chances were high you would level up quickly and were only trying to throw of the timing of possible attackers or needed a short break from hunts to squeeze your trapped creatures before continuing.
To call people cheaters just because your little plan didn't work, despite your name, I believed you to be more of a man...
Dátum: 2010.10.30. 07:47:35
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.10.30. 02:37:22
Why does it take the skill out? The data is already there, in the recommendation section. It just doesn't make sense to keep it there if there is a Torture Tab already built - which there should be, as having that data (who's TC'd you, who you've TC'd, and the profits) in completely separate areas of the game is illogical.

I think that refers to the splitting up of the gains to each player you had in the torture chamber. That is not info currently given in the recommendation page and since it would help you decide who to pick again, it could be considered as 'taking the skill out of it'.
I think it's a good idea to have the people you had in there mentioned, no need to split up the spoils to each person. Maybe it's an option to make a soul diamond item that allows for this for those who want it?
As for being able to at a glance see who are all having fun torturing you, I like your ideas Much more convenient than having to browse through battle reports.

@Maintzunun
I agree, just by looking at the number of people using those items it's easy to estimate their uselessness...
As for the -10 being static, I don't know if that should be changed. It all depends on the battle mechanics.
If they determine the chance to hit by dividing your attack with your target's defense, it would indeed make sense to increase at higher levels or have a -x% character. However if the chance to hit depends on the absolute point difference between attack and defense, -10 gives the same effect at each level.
I do applaud the idea of it affecting defense as well! Since the defense bonus from items is already much higher than the attack bonus, it wouldn't hurt to at least change stunning to affect both instead of only targeting the already scarce attack.
Another option is to have another ability such as paralysation which affects defense instead of attack. Call it dazzling or something else if you have a better name for it
Dátum: 2010.10.30. 00:45:31
One last try to make the voice of 'god' (lol) reach you

If you became near invincible, it's just the rewards for your efforts up till then. I didn't start out strong, in fact, I started out as weakling being beaten easily during my first championships. I got to be where I am by sacrificing power for gains skills at first and by being in an awesome clan that allowed me to get the disadvanced development skill early on. Surely other now powerful powerful players took a similar approach, the only difference is that I aimed for duel gains to start with while other chose hunts.
There's a lot of other strong players around, those who took large bonuses from Zarknod for example, and how about you yourself? You claim that you'll get your 4th champ medal before the championships even start and you think others shouldn't be invincible? I only have 3 medals myself and I got them only due to my efforts to stay in a lower group than some other quite strong players just above me.

As for a log function to abilities, I think it naturally exists due to the cost increase. 1M will only get you around 50 abilities once your abilities reach the 150s, while it can buy you the world earlier on. Any further deterioration would result into skills being far more attractive than abilities. So should something like this be implemented, which I highly doubt, this side-effect would need to be dealt with.

The best way to prevent overpowered characters would be to take away the disadvanced development skill and increase XP gained from duelling according to the gained SE during the battle. But then again, what fun would duelling be if you didn't get any real rewards from it?
Dátum: 2010.10.25. 18:32:06
I debated whether or not to answer to this topic since Little Jon and others already summed up nicely just about what I'd like to say. But I'm a talkative piggy, so here goes nothing...

Regarding spiders:
Doomlord is a very diverse game with lots of options for your character development, one of them being the spider. I understand that to their targets, they are just a pest, but PvP is also part of the game. I have yet to meet a game with PvP aspects where the strong don't prey on the weak. They reap benefits, in this case SE, so they will attack you as much as possible to get stronger than their competition.
There is however one great benefit you have when dealing with these people! Since you know what they're after, you can just deny them their gains. If you stop feeding them, they will leave you alone and look for juicier prey;)
As you don't leave food near your campsite in bear territory, you also shouldn't leave SE on you with spiders around.

Regarding Kyril's original complaint:
Too be honest I find your complaint slightly hilarious...
There will always be those who end up on top. Better tactics, early start, investing real $, profitable duelling, all can give you an edge on the competition. I don't think the game is to blame, any game will reward those with the best tactics and/or highest investments. I'm just grateful that doomlord doesn't automatically allow the biggest spender to be first. It actually matters which tactics you apply in order to get ahead of the rest.
Some started out by maxing their hunting skills. They were weak for a while but are now dominating the highscores. Spiders have a different tactic to reach the top of their level, but it's basically the same thing.
If you really hate playing like this, which I doubt judging by your own SE+, you can always play on server 3. With almost no battle gains, spiders shouldn't have a life there...
Dátum: 2010.10.14. 19:03:07
I agree, very happy to see that 'it's on the to-do-list' means it will actually happen
A Kermit stamp for both developers and suggesters!

I've seen otherwise in some other games which' names I forcibly banned from my memory...
Dátum: 2010.10.14. 09:38:50
Idézet: ImLittleJon - 2010.10.13. 18:06:58

Had you read posts #182 - 204 in this thread, you would have been forewarned. I guess you were too busy trying to stay in both top 10s.

Hehe, you lot talk too much for me to read it all Especially when mad scientist math starts to appear my eyes start spinning just a little.

Idézet: Viridel - 2010.10.14. 03:39:40

Yeah, that was a BIG miss on this event. Being in the Top 10 should have earned a far greater reward than the generic Zankwad medal that got given to every Emerald that participated even a meager amount.

Being in the top gives you larger main reward already, so it's not that bad...
I'm just a little jealous of the emerald who received 2 medals, I'll get over it
Dátum: 2010.10.13. 16:57:41
A piece of additional info:

Being in both top10s doesn't give you two event rewards
However, being in 1 top10 and the winning horde does give you two rewards.

I'm a little sad, because I tried hard to stay in both top10s...
Dátum: 2010.10.11. 00:15:23
Don't underestimate the muppet's intelligence network! You should know it's impossible to hide from my snout We even used to be clanmates on w2 after all Mah, I noticed you left that server, so I won't be able to have a contest with LoF I guess
Dátum: 2010.10.10. 22:47:44
Naive petel...
I can easily go back to full HP with manaregeneration
And on top of that, you can only attack 5 times in three hours, my HP regeneration should be able to keep up with that

Back to the drawing board? ^@^

By the way, Lord of Fleish, want to have a competition who can execute petel most often? oink oink!
Dátum: 2010.10.07. 09:11:17
~*~SPECIAL OFFER~*~

For all that can get a draw when attacking me, I offer a free attack while I have 50k SE!
I'll be in draw gear most the time, if not, message and I'll change
Come and try your luck

Diamond level 32 (soon 33)
Character: MsPiggy
Dátum: 2010.10.06. 08:15:03
A much desired Kermit stamp for Lady Alvariel!
Quite a nice idea Lots of categories to pick from and the rewards are well chosen too, it would be bad if they were too good
Dátum: 2010.09.18. 08:49:01
Then you're probably on world3? As far as I know, the Auction House hasn't opened yet on world 3. It will only start once enough players have reached the level where they can access it.
Dátum: 2010.09.16. 18:33:22
Which U.S. President's face is not depicted on Mount Rushmore?
John Adams
Theodore Roosevelt
George Washington
Ronald Reagan

There's two right answers, Johnn Adams isn't depicted either
George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt and Abraham Lincoln are the ones depicted on Mount Rushmore...
Oldal: 1234