Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - ImLittleJon

Dátum: 2011.01.28. 16:51:07
On the page that lists the available adventures, it would be nice if it displayed any evaluation you might have given that particular adventure. That way, if you didn't like an adventure, you could give it a low evaluation, and the next time, you'd know to just abandon it, rather than doing it again.
Dátum: 2011.01.23. 19:41:19
Maybe this ad has been there all along, but I just noticed it. There's an ad on the bottom of my DL page right now for SuperPokePets.com that says "Save Piggy!" featuring a sad looking pig behind bars.
Dátum: 2011.01.23. 06:27:43
Idézet: manunkind - 2011.01.23. 06:09:20
*scratches head* petel87, why on earth would you take that position? just because offensive language is more difficult to decipher for some doesn't make it ok.

My guess is he's some Ron Paul, libertarian, don't let the Man restrict anything, kind of guy. Either that, or he's a raging psychopath. Some might say that's redundant. Anyway, he has a history of supporting the right of people to offend other people. Not to mention offending them himself...
Dátum: 2011.01.20. 15:41:34
Stekkos edged his explanation in there just before you posted your question.
Dátum: 2011.01.18. 15:59:05
Idézet: Inv_ - 2011.01.18. 14:18:10
you started the "investigation" AFTER people threatened to stop buying AS.

That's called the "post hoc fallacy". People did threaten to stop buying AS before the investigation started, but that's not the only thing that happened before. People, including me, provided real, hard evidence of suspicious behavior. Not just based on end results (circumstantial evidence at best, if not fallacy in its own right), as you imply with your Ciphas complaint, but specific examples that are impossible to explain except by cheating. I'm confident that those examples are the cause of the investigation, not the threats.
Dátum: 2011.01.18. 14:45:57
Idézet: Viridel - 2011.01.18. 07:43:01
A lot of math here... But inverse problem solving is what I am good at

Or, in plain English, you're good at creating problems?
Dátum: 2011.01.16. 16:02:36
Idézet: Kethios - 2011.01.16. 07:57:14
Show some respect towards the others and refrain from the unnecessary flaming/trolling.

There's necessary flaming/trolling?
Dátum: 2011.01.16. 16:00:49
Idézet: petel87 - 2011.01.16. 15:17:18
Comparison like that in my opinion is not offensive. I used the comparison to escalate his hatred and tried to make him acknowledge his own mistakes by use of a known figure.

You even admit to consciously escalating hatred, and then you try to claim you are blameless??

And yes, comparing someone to Hitler is offensive. Your opinion is irrelevant. In DL's opinion, I'm sure the stuff he says isn't offensive either, or it's some therapist tactic to illustrate a point. And while he is also wrong, you are more wrong. If they were directed at me, I could just ignore DL's posts, but if you compared me to Hitler, I would be deeply, deeply offended. Seriously, it's just about the worst thing you can do on a forum. You want him to acknowledge his mistakes, you man up and do it, too.
Dátum: 2011.01.13. 21:20:55
Idézet: manunkind - 2011.01.13. 19:49:18
every 20 seconds would give pretty decent odds of hitting someone seemingly the second they exited safety. so, if true, why is the suspension just temporary?

All we can do is speculate. My guess is they are hoping that after some time, MsPiggy will return suitably chastised and avoid the behavior that caused problems.
Dátum: 2011.01.13. 14:57:49
Idézet: Kethios - 2011.01.13. 08:44:21
Note, that it takes time to gather proofs about one cheating.

While the alleged cheater is banned, they can't be gathering any proof. They said they had taken 2 months to analyze logs before they took the action of imposing the temporary ban. That "temporary" is what's getting everyone all unsettled. I think both sides would agree with this: we'd like it to either become "permanent", get lifted entirely, or get some explanation of how temporary it is - is it a certain time limit, or is it pending some decision by the admins (and when might that be expected), or is it pending some action on the alleged cheater's part, or what?
Dátum: 2011.01.11. 14:42:59
Idézet: LydonB - 2011.01.11. 13:33:19
If you take a look at the top clans you'll notice players who dedicate their playing time for the sole advancement of the clans.

I think what Miklos is saying there is that those players usually have non-builder characters on other worlds, which are their primary characters. I know in my clan, we had the #1 builder in W2 for a long time, until he got bored and deleted his W2 character.

Idézet: LydonB - 2011.01.11. 13:33:19
I'm afraid you're wrong again here. Manaconstruction doesn't give any benefits apart from 50k+ daily building; yet in order to do that one needs to spend all the mana reserves - not to mention the considerable amount of SE required to level it. So, a dueller will only use this skill in order to "dump" any remaining mana left after he is done with the target list. It doesn't even increase luck, so what's the reason that stems your belief?

Because a clan doesn't get any benefit from a strong dueler who doesn't build (since winning wars is counterproductive due to citadels of destruction). So the other clan members will put pressure on everyone to get their manacon maxed out and used daily.
Dátum: 2011.01.08. 14:56:29
Evidence has been posted, repeatedly. So far, no realistic alternative besides cheating has been proposed.

There's no way that the admins banned MsPiggy because of user whining. They have demonstrated that they are barely aware of what gets said here, and they don't generally care. They took action based on whatever they saw in 2 months of logs. They did care enough to start collecting the logs.

Likewise, I don't know why anyone would expect any further explanation from them than what we've had. They don't really engage much.
Dátum: 2011.01.07. 00:33:18
Idézet: Phalanxii - 2011.01.06. 22:36:12
The space rift potion, you say it exchanges energy harness and disadvanced development and you can get 3, 6, 9, 12 pieces? Does that mean if you use the 12 pieces and you start from EH 50, you will end up with 12 DA and 38 EH? Or 12DA? Or something else?

My guess was that you got DD 50 for a limited time. Or perhaps you got DD 50 permanently, or until you used the next space rift potion to get back to EH 50.
Dátum: 2011.01.07. 00:30:36
Something about where the spaghetti noodle originated. China was marked the correct answer. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spaghetti says it's Italy.
Dátum: 2011.01.05. 04:35:34
This horse was dead about 8 posts ago.
Dátum: 2011.01.04. 14:58:40
Idézet: Viridel - 2011.01.04. 04:51:48
Which color is not an actual color according to scientists?
Black
White

Ambiguous:
In pigment - white is the absence of color, black is the blending of all colors
In light - white is the blending of all colors, black is the absence of color

Since the question doesn't indicate, either option is viable.

Plus, to a scientist, color refers only to the perception in the eye and the brain, so both black and white are actual colors. For light, a scientist would use the term wavelength, not color. As an illustration, what are the colors of the infrared spectrum? The question is meaningless, because the human eye and brain can not perceive those wavelengths. But to a scientist, those are just different frequencies of the exact same thing as visible light.
Dátum: 2011.01.03. 18:53:12
Idézet: MartinBV - 2011.01.03. 18:06:24
Who is the original drummer of Guns N' Roses?
West Arkeen
Matt Sorum
Steven Adler <- marked as correct
Izzy Stradlin
According to wikipedia, he was the second drummer, he started in May 1985
The original drummer was Rob Gardner he was active from March–May 1985, doesn't feature on any recordings though, but still the original drummer.

If a band plays in a forest and nobody records them, do they really exist?
Dátum: 2011.01.02. 17:08:42
Idézet: Cruel01 - 2011.01.02. 15:32:01
Seeing a perfectly good question being rejected and having to answer horrible/WRONG questions right after was a big turn off.

Know what's worse? Having a question rejected due to specialized knowledge and then later getting the exact same question with different answers. That's happened to me three times now. Almost makes me want to go all Viridel on someone...
Dátum: 2010.12.27. 04:40:49
Idézet: quint - 2010.12.25. 21:08:50
Idézet: Inv_ - 2010.12.25. 20:59:13
how exactly do challenges work in case of a draw?

i lost several times against people on the skills i have maxed (as attacker and defender).. lower level player wins?

Those situations should be extremely rare, but when they happen, it's decided by tossing a coin. One of the characters is picked randomly to win the challenge.

The only time I have ever won a challenge on a skill that I had at zero was as a defender. I'm sure the defender wins all ties.
Dátum: 2010.12.24. 16:19:15
Idézet: ardent - 2010.12.24. 11:35:41
Don't BAN Piggy just because he is better than most of us at this game, you should be proud he proved your game is one of the few that can be played FOR FREE and still stay competitive!

If you're going to defend MsPiggy, please defend her against the actual accusation. How can she consistently hit people within a second or two of coming out of safety using unpredictable means without cheating? So far, none of her defenders have put forward any explanation for that.