Szerző
Topic neve: Bug reports
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Bug reports
821. hozzászólás - 2011.12.15. 07:47:31
Also, I am sick and tired of loosing SE due to your script problems. Battle ID 2454230, lost over 5k SE.

Either fix the damn bug, or prevent people from attacking too often. It's not that big of a problem to code it.

And before you say, no I will not stop attacking as quickly as I can because time is critical here. Not once happened form me that duel page showed a character but when I clicked to attack, he was already attacked by someone else.

And I want my damn stolen SE back, the sum is quite substantial here! (not in this battle, but in the last few I've mentioned, especially the one I lost over 20k SE). God knows how many I lost not noticing the problem...
Inter urinas et faeces homo nascitur
Pontszám: 5
averageborecdanFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
78 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
822. hozzászólás - 2011.12.15. 08:10:40
I have to agree with Valkyrie here, because it is quite a lot, especially last months.
From yesterday, I can't:
- send several pets to kennel in one time (none of the buttons work for me)
- send even a single pet to kennel for a longet time than 2 hours
- heal my pets at all!
- I cant even buy any single item from huckster

thats just a few bugs Ive found so far, and Im really sick of all of them, so is it just my issue or its all of us? Because I dont see any massive notification that there are some bugs or I dont see anyone else than just me and Valkyrie complaining, and thats disturbing.
Wicked - W2 - diamond
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
823. hozzászólás - 2011.12.15. 11:29:57 (Válasz borecdan #822 hozzászólására.)
Character name, world number? Without this I can't do much.
Doomlord forum moderator at your service.
averageMosquito665Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
116 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
824. hozzászólás - 2011.12.15. 11:32:40 (Válasz Valkyrie #821 hozzászólására.)
i do not know your case, but if i remember right the level difference also counted to see whether or not u can attack someone if he/she is recovering after execution for example.
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
825. hozzászólás - 2011.12.15. 11:37:51 (Válasz Mosquito665 #824 hozzászólására.)
That has nothing to do with losing SE after winning a duel. Especially when the defending party had no artifact that drains SE from the winner like Scarab.

Valkyrie's problem could be that he attacks players with high level of Soul Drain. If he goes into battle with like 40-50k - it's not a big deal to syphon 5k SE. If the attacked user has no or low level soul drain, now that is a bug.
averageborecdanFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
78 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
826. hozzászólás - 2011.12.15. 15:38:34
Wicked - world 2 - Diamond horde...besides all Ive written I cant also see mouse-over description of items in my profile page, and it was possible 2 days ago. Also, I cant see any Crystal horde on the duel list even though they are attacking me (and they are in my attack range).
Wicked - W2 - diamond
everyone's favoritebaggybag
Végzetúr poronty
74 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
827. hozzászólás - 2011.12.15. 18:27:50
crystal clan is back, they can attack me but they dont appear on the duel page. i went to their clan page-->list of players-->chose a player and attacked and i could attack.
could you find a solution to this problem please.
one other player in my clan has the same problem.

world 2 hunchback
other player: world 2 trackur
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
828. hozzászólás - 2011.12.15. 20:24:11 (Válasz baggybag #827 hozzászólására.)
Okay, I'll tell the staff these problems tomorrow. Meaning it is 9:39 PM atm so I can't get in touch with them. Please be patient.
averageborecdanFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
78 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
829. hozzászólás - 2011.12.15. 20:27:30 (Válasz Kethios #828 hozzászólására.)
No problem, Im just glad to know that some1 is dealing with it...Thank you
Wicked - W2 - diamond
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
830. hozzászólás - 2011.12.15. 21:55:35 (Válasz Kethios #825 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Kethios - 2011.12.15. 11:37:51
That has nothing to do with losing SE after winning a duel. Especially when the defending party had no artifact that drains SE from the winner like Scarab.

Valkyrie's problem could be that he attacks players with high level of Soul Drain. If he goes into battle with like 40-50k - it's not a big deal to syphon 5k SE. If the attacked user has no or low level soul drain, now that is a bug.

That is impossible because I have over 100% SD. Also, those are battles I win easily, morehits way much more damage. Thisi is not the first time I reported this.

IGM is the same, W1
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
831. hozzászólás - 2011.12.15. 22:36:15 (Válasz borecdan #829 hozzászólására.)
Borecdan: what you describe is not a server-side problem. Something is wrong with your browser. You accidentally disabled javascript or something like that... Check the browser settings. If all fails, test it with another browser or on a different computer. It will work.

Valkyre: the bug you describe, I never heard about it from anyone. How did you produce it? Maybe you are using the middle mouse button to attack quickly several players without confirmation? Don't do that. Left click on attack, choose yes, then choose next opponent etc.

About attacking someone and then getting the report that you can't attack him. This can sometimes happen. The SQL query which looks for players to attack is incredibly complex, in some cases it MUST use a kind of approximation or it would take too much time to complete. If you get the report, you can't attack him because you attacked him recently, just choose someone else.
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
832. hozzászólás - 2011.12.16. 08:00:40 (Válasz Miklos #831 hozzászólására.)
Optimize sql or find someone that can.

Yes I'm using middle mouse button and will continue so cause of the reasons mentioned earlier.

I get message "attacked in the last 5 minutes" because someone beat me to it.

If your script cant handle middle mouse button, either improve it or forbid mmb or put the same question on it. It's as simple as that.

My god if we produced software with instructions "don't do it" instead of programme control, we would loose all of our customers...
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
833. hozzászólás - 2011.12.16. 08:14:58 (Válasz Valkyrie #832 hozzászólására.)
Don't be harsh. I'm sure they'll try to do their best.
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
834. hozzászólás - 2011.12.16. 14:01:09 (Válasz Kethios #833 hozzászólására.)
But the problem is they didn't do their best. I reported the problem in October and still no response (I got the response to the problem and some communication, but then it stopped and no improvements have been made).

Also, "don't do it" way in software is bad practice, I'm sure you agree on that.

Anyhow I didn't get the SE I lost and that puts me in a setback. Small, but still a setback.
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
835. hozzászólás - 2011.12.16. 19:17:37 (Válasz Valkyrie #834 hozzászólására.)
Okay, I will try to explain the problem in more detail...

I tried quite a few browser games. General solution is, you have to type up the target's name, or you attack someone from the top list and the computer decides if you can do it or so. Or its just a simple system, you can attack anyone at any time. So all these solutions are very primitive

We tried to create a system as sophisticated as possible. We list players, who:
- are in a specified level range (depending on your level and your settings)
- were not attacked in the last 5 minutes
- you did not attack them in a specified interval depending on your skill
- are not at peace with your clan and are not a member of your clan
- we try to select targets which have the highest % yield
- we do not look for one target but instantly offer a couple valid targets
- are not hinding in the catacombs and are not suspended
- are not protected by the 5 seconds aa ability
The sql query which does this is a half screen size, it's mere sight can feeblemind weaker minded people and the guy who created is a real programmer genius.
And the problem is not even it's complexity. When calculating attack times, at some point it must use some kind of approximation, otherwise it would be too slow.
But anyway, I will ask him if we can post the sql query here and take it apart and optimize it further

About doing quick-multi attacks using the middle button: I don't want to forbid that, far from it, it's not an exploit, and we tried to prepare the program for it as much as possible. I only say that if you do that all the time, sometimes it MIGHT cause problems. For example, your browser begins generating pages A0...A1, B0...B1 ... K0 ... K1 (A0, B0 .. K0 is starting the page, and A1, B1 .. K1 is finishing it). If you click really really fast, and the server is lagging (which is fortunately rare) the CPU might process it in this order: A0, B0, ... K0, A1, B1 ... K1. In this case, processes running parallel to each other are modifying your character sheet simultaneously. Data modification is in most cases relative and not absolute, so as I said, we are protecting against problems from this, but... if you drive your Lamborghini on terrain instead of asphalt, it might get hurt.
A hozzászólást Miklos módosította 2011.12.16. 19:33:58-kor
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
836. hozzászólás - 2011.12.17. 05:57:39 (Válasz Miklos #835 hozzászólására.)
I have no clue what you guys are talking about. My mouse has only 2 buttons anyway...lol

What I do to attack is hitting the attack button and the enter in the keyboard almost simultaneously. It is very fast and I have never lost any SE due to any bug.

Cruel.
everyone's favoritebaggybag
Végzetúr poronty
74 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
837. hozzászólás - 2011.12.17. 15:55:52
dear admins, the crystal clan players still donot appear in my duel page. is there anybody there who have the same problem? i can attack them on their clan page/list of players but it takes time etc.
it has been now 2 or 3 days, could you please fix this problem as soon as possible or at least say something about it.

and clan quests please.
hunchback world 2
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
838. hozzászólás - 2011.12.18. 13:30:55 (Válasz baggybag #837 hozzászólására.)
That is not a problem. When they are defeated certain number of times, you can not fight them for certain amount of time
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
839. hozzászólás - 2011.12.18. 13:41:33 (Válasz Miklos #835 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Miklos - 2011.12.16. 19:17:37
Okay, I will try to explain the problem in more detail...

Still, the sql isn't the cause of the problem - it is used to give you targets. Once it's done, it has no affect when you attack. the problem is the other script as you put it.

Anyhow, if you can not solve the problem (of course, nothing is bullet (fool) proof) you have to make evertything you can to deal with it. One of which would be returning SE lost. In one battle as I said, I lost over 20K SE. That is not little. I provide prtscrs and battle IDs and I expect some sort of compensation.

Also, can you look into the doomcrystal problem? This is my 7th in a row

@cruel - you might think you didn't loose SE, but I assure you if you attack like that you have. I wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't lost 20K on one occasion. After that I started tracking comparing and summing - it's not that rare as one might think. The thing is when you add s.drain together with ordinary SE gain, it's very easy not to notice if you lost only EH from one battle
A hozzászólást Valkyrie módosította 2011.12.18. 13:42:37-kor
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
840. hozzászólás - 2011.12.18. 13:59:49
Ok. I will analyze my next 100 fights and see what happens. I will post the results here.

Cruel.
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!