Szerző
Topic neve: Complaints on players
irritatingInv_
Végzetúr poronty
189 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Complaints on players
461. hozzászólás - 2011.01.18. 21:44:23
Thanks D00ml0rd, but I think you're mistaken, my "loyalty" was not to the player MsPiggy in particular. I would have argued the same for a player in a "rival" clan if it were the case. What I want in this game is balance (I did "argue" with Miklos via email about some tests being skipped in adventures like fights (xp + se) - even those that would help me : se, hp, potions etc. - while the CP ones are not). The point is I didn't defend MsPiggy only because he was a clan mate, but because I felt (and I still do) that he was being "investigated" just to keep paying customers happy and w/o a chance to be found innocent. This decision (while it might be the correct one) is not the right one, because it was made behind the curtains and all parties were kept in the dark (clan mates and people who thought MsPiggy was a cheater).

Until I posted on the forum that the admins told me that their logs show MsPiggy clicking the same link every 20 seconds, NO ONE knew that. Imagine this : MsPiggy suspended, 4 weeks silence, MsPiggy banned; no explanations given. Any way you look at it it's NOT right.
If you mod me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine
Pontszám: 6.50
irritatingBash Chelik
Végzetúr poronty
62 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
462. hozzászólás - 2011.01.18. 21:46:18
as for me, i could swear on anything you like that piglet is clean
"pissed of" is not the right word...
still, i can hardly believe that they cought script stuff in piggy`s acc
i will stand behind my words from before regarding piglet`s personality
this is over here, in forum, which is good, we will see for "outside"
Pontszám: 3
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
463. hozzászólás - 2011.01.18. 21:58:47 (Válasz Inv_ #461 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Inv_ - 2011.01.18. 21:44:23
Thanks D00ml0rd, but I think you're mistaken, my "loyalty" was not to the player MsPiggy in particular.

Read passion instead of loyalty then:)

I think its safe to say all of us who actually post in this forum do so becuase we have passion for the game, regardless of motivation, even Vrindel who threatens to quit every 2nd post (does so from frustration about wanting to make the game better) motivated by passion, it makes for intersting reading and sometimes i agree with him and sometimes i dont but i still respect his passion for the game. Same goes for you.

I can understand admin not posting specific info tho, it could open as many holes as it closes.
Pontszám: 5
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
464. hozzászólás - 2011.01.19. 00:53:18 (Válasz Inv_ #459 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Inv_ - 2011.01.18. 21:05:04
The story :
1. QQers start whining about XXX being > +30% better than #2

Wrong order, but I wasn't saying this as proof of cheating - merely that it deserves some evaluation

2. 2nd group of QQers start whining about XXX doing stuff (hitting them fresh out of protection in this case)

This was actually #1 - and I fail to see how you can have issue with players posting potential cheating in a "complaints about players" thread.

3. groups from 1. and 2. threaten to stop buy AS if XXX isn't banned - at this point it's "obvious" to everyone that XXX 100% a cheat.

Wasn't obvious to me - in fact I clearly indicated that thru extensive Excel tables and analysis, these results could be replicated. However, I was leery due to the time and dedication this would require.

4. ... stuff happening @ dl HQ ...
5. XXX is suspended

And as discussed, the suspension was fully justified.

6. 1 month of speculation, flames, silence from the game management, threats, final threats, emails

This is where things went up s#it creek. Clearly a failing of the Administration here. The Logs were there. There was no new data to acquire, as Piggy could not log in to generate new data. The fact this took more than a day or two is what caused the threats and fighting. Nobody was going to win as it dragged on - Pro-Piggy's were accusing Admins of bending to complaints, Anti-Piggy's were flaming back, and the whole situation devolved to a point where nobody trusted the Admins. If the Admin would have come out within a few days and simply said that "This user has been found using 3rd party software to gain an in-game advantage, and has therefore had their account terminated" - TOPIC DEAD. Maybe a few late bitchings - but really, the Admin created this problem by failing to communicate.

This is an all-too-common occurrence in these forums, where Admin - thru apathy or choice - allow situations to escalate. If there is one thing that MUST be learned thru this - it's simply that the Administration MUST communicate far more frequently.

7. XXX is banned. People organizing parties and fireworks are planned.

I didn't really read that. I think people are happy it's now over, more than in the actual result (which was completely self-evident to the vast majority of us once the "Suspension" happened).

8. present day. 98% of dl players are happy that the "cheater" is banned and that they can continue playing w/o having to protect their se.

I'm happy the cheater is banned - it has nothing to do with SE.

9. present day +1. YYY is better than rest. goto 1.

Only if players want to play that way. I haven't seen one single complaint about suspicious behaviour from Ciphas. Anyone can accuse anyone, but without any instance proof, it's just sour grapes, and makes future complaints taken less seriously.

Think it can't happen to anyone (clean or cheater)? The best way to avoid it is : keep a low profile and don't play better than the other guys.

No, the best way to avoid it is not to cheat.

The Ciphas part was just to show that almost anyone can fit into the "zomg, he's 30% better than the next guy -> cheater" which started all this.

It didn't, check the order of postings. I posted that - after specific complaints had been made - merely to indicate that the performance level in this situation far exceeded what would be considered "Standard Deviation".

PS : @Boar : you *suggested* that we're a clan of multis. Normally I couldn't care less of what you think, because that doesn't help me, but I do care about calling people on their stupidity, because stupidity annoys me.

So you can suggest Ciphas is a cheater without a single specific situation, but you flame Boar for pointing out that one person is apparently responsible for a third of an entire Clan - and if that person leaves, a third of the clan leaves with them? This is a suspicious threat to me. I have friends in the game, but I doubt my influence alone would carry enough weight to get them to drop the game if I were to leave.

D00ml0rd: Vrindel who threatens to quit every 2nd post

Ok, we both know that I don't threaten to quit very often (I have said that "I quit World 1 because of the Quiz System" on a few occasions, but nothing for World 2) - but I do need the game to improve. In truth, with the fiasco around the Xeno event (you know, the event BY the players, FOR the players, MANGLED by the Admin), I am busting my ass in trying to find a reasonable solution - getting nothing from the Admin, and am really just getting sick of it all. The lack of communication from the Administration is killing this game for me - and it is exactly that simple.

If/when it does come time for me to leave the game, it won't be with a threat (do this, or else). I will simply pass my breaking point, the decision will be made, and I will post my goodbye. And that point has been pushed dramatically forward over the last month. Will the Admin finally figure it out? All I can do is keep hoping - until I simply no longer care, which is my point of no return.
hatedpetel87
Végzetúr poronty
109 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
465. hozzászólás - 2011.01.19. 06:15:20 (Válasz D00ml0rd #457 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: D00ml0rd - 2011.01.18. 16:39:52

i want to apologise to admin for having to deal with it and to everyone on the forum that had to sit thru it with exception of petel.

You are almost there D00ml0rd

All you need to understand now is that you owe me a huge apology, plus you should thank me for making you understand what you have been doing wrong (that could take a while). Cookies, flowers and tickets for a cruise ship would be extras but still appriciated
Pontszám: 2.40
averageKyrilFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
27 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
466. hozzászólás - 2011.01.19. 08:27:50 (Válasz Inv_ #459 hozzászólására.)

actually it was > 300% better than #2 on a very high plateau !!!

(Last word and correction from me, for further discussion visit a kindergarten.)
Pontszám: 4.50
irritatingInv_
Végzetúr poronty
189 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
467. hozzászólás - 2011.01.19. 08:40:10 (Válasz Kyril #466 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Kyril - 2011.01.19. 08:27:50

actually it was > 300% better than #2 on a very high plateau !!!

(Last word and correction from me, for further discussion visit a kindergarten.)

I will, but first you have to tell me what your nap hour is, i wouldn't want to wake you up
If you mod me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
468. hozzászólás - 2011.01.19. 11:25:53 (Válasz Inv_ #459 hozzászólására.)
it took a threat from Ardent and an email to the admins "reminding" them about the issue (and get a final answer), and stuff.

It was random. I was talking to the admins, getting the answer and when I logged in, ardent's post was there.
A hozzászólást Kethios módosította 2011.01.19. 14:17:28-kor
Doomlord forum moderator at your service.
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
469. hozzászólás - 2011.01.21. 20:44:07
if soemthing seems to good to be true then normally it is to good to be true.

On W3 the number 1 clan is Emerald Power

I am pretty sure that player Leprechaun goes by the name Little Prince on W2

Leprechaun and player Prince both appeared on same day in this clan.

Prince is a builder that has built close to 16 million (15.9) into that clan

there isnt a clan on W3 that combined has built close to 16 million so having a builder of this calibre is a huge advantge to the clan.

I would like to request that the logs of Prince and Leprechaun be compared as i think they are the same person.
A hozzászólást D00ml0rd módosította 2011.01.22. 02:50:34-kor
Pontszám: 8.33
much likedCiphasFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
109 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
470. hozzászólás - 2011.01.22. 12:58:09
Hi !

I wanted to say i am sorry i miss all the discussions on the forum i had a couple of busy days at work ... I don"t mind being investigated and i want to say to all players that think i am cheating to report me to the admin .

And now for some fun ( and defence proof for me ) :

Below is ONE of the msg i usually get in a day but i want to say to the sender - no hard feelings mate

1 - first MSG :

""thats a few times youve hit me seconds after spending SE

im watching you......"

2- My response :

"It"s good to know i have somebody watching me but i hope next time i will be faster and hit with a few seconds before you actualy spend your SE

Good luck hunting
Ciphas"

3 - proof that i am a rising start in W2

"what im saying is its starting to look suspicious."

Now for those that are in a hurry the fun part is the after world and i want to promise i will try and do better next time .
A hozzászólást Ciphas módosította 2011.01.22. 13:11:35-kor
Pontszám: 7.50
unpopularaneksi
Végzetúr poronty
44 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
471. hozzászólás - 2011.01.22. 20:28:39
Wasnt sure were to put this. But was just recentlly attacked by a guy with the name putamadre. Doesnt translate from spanish to english to highlly.
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
472. hozzászólás - 2011.01.22. 20:47:14
yes thats very inappropriate:(
hatedpetel87
Végzetúr poronty
109 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
473. hozzászólás - 2011.01.22. 22:20:58 (Válasz aneksi #471 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: aneksi - 2011.01.22. 20:28:39
Wasnt sure were to put this. But was just recentlly attacked by a guy with the name putamadre. Doesnt translate from spanish to english to highlly.

I personally think it is absolutely fine. Nobody has to translate anything and in english language these are just random letters.
much likedLydonB
Végzetúr poronty
266 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
474. hozzászólás - 2011.01.22. 23:12:07
puta = whore/bitch
madre = nun/mother

Up to the admins now.
hatedpetel87
Végzetúr poronty
109 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
475. hozzászólás - 2011.01.23. 00:42:23 (Válasz LydonB #474 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: LydonB - 2011.01.22. 23:12:07
puta = whore/bitch
madre = nun/mother

Up to the admins now.

So is it a prostitue who is as well a nun, prostitute who is as well a mother, a female dog that is a nun (unlikely ) or a female dog that is a mother?

I believe all options are available and neither of these is unapropriate. Especially if in a foreingn language.
likeddark22Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
247 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
476. hozzászólás - 2011.01.23. 00:52:11
If you got called that name would you seriously consider that you were called female dog nun? Its inappropriate
hatedpetel87
Végzetúr poronty
109 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
477. hozzászólás - 2011.01.23. 01:13:46 (Válasz dark22 #476 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: dark22 - 2011.01.23. 00:52:11
If you got called that name would you seriously consider that you were called female dog nun? Its inappropriate

Perhaps in Spanish. But is this game in spanish? No not really. Therefore there is absolutely nothing inappropriate about it.

To prove my point:
The Cambridge Encyclopedia of Language says that estimates of total living languages in the world vary from 3,000 to 10,000.

for more detailed information please visit:
http://www.lsadc.org/info/pdf_files/howmany.pdf

Why does that matter? Because there are tens of thousands of various words that could be offensive in one language and mean something completely different in another. Yes it is that simple.

Now purely because this game is english speaking only, with english only forum it is ok (not inappropriate) to use any combination of letters that is not offensive in this particular (english) language. It absolutely does not matter what it means in any other language.
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
478. hozzászólás - 2011.01.23. 01:42:07
And just to enrich the discussion, putamadre can mean "Oh my God!" depending on the situation.

Cruel.
likeddark22Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
247 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
479. hozzászólás - 2011.01.23. 02:33:28
Link to where putamadre means oh my God please?

My point is not that people speak spanish and therefore can be offended, its the word it self.

Did you know what it meant before all this talk?
99% of people know what f-word means on english eventhough big percentage doesn''t speak english. Same is with common used words on other languages.
Auf wiedershen in german for example is recognised when spoken, bella on italian etc.

Puta madre is one of those type of words imho, where you don't have to speak the language to actually know what it means, and I bet that every person which posted about it knew exactly what it meant.
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
961 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
480. hozzászólás - 2011.01.23. 06:09:20
*scratches head* petel87, why on earth would you take that position? just because offensive language is more difficult to decipher for some doesn't make it ok.
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője