Re: Quiz errors
421. hozzászólás - 2010.02.12. 22:59:06
The following question is incorrect

What is Muai Thai
1) Singer
2) Sport
3) Game
4) Food

The answer given as correct is number 2, sport. This is incorrect, the correct answer is that it is a form of Martial Arts. Martial Arts is not a sport, it is a method of training one to perfect the techniques of combat as well as to instill self discipline in ones self.

Martial Arts Competitions themselves may be classified as a sport, but rarely does someone refer to them as such. But an individual Form of Martial Arts is never a sport.
Pontszám: 4
irritatingLord Jomes
Végzetúr poronty
12 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
422. hozzászólás - 2010.02.13. 00:28:34 (Válasz stekkos #419 hozzászólására.)
Sorry stekkos, I was just trying to prove the question wasn't accurate. I enjoy trivia and learning from it, and strongly feel that a question (and answer) should be unambiguous and irrefutable. Zoology happens to be the field I work in, with sharks and rays oddly enough, so I have more knowledge than some regarding those critters You've been here longer, I figured the moderators would want more than me just saying, "This question is wrong!"
Pontszám: 5.50
irritatingLord Jomes
Végzetúr poronty
12 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
423. hozzászólás - 2010.02.13. 00:44:53 (Válasz Zena #420 hozzászólására.)
Water is not an element. Oxygen makes up about 65% of the human body, three times the percentage of any other element. The answer is correct
Pontszám: 6
everyone's favoriteCrazyRatFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
1 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
424. hozzászólás - 2010.02.13. 03:10:19
I just came across the question "Which animal has the longest lifespan?". the choices were
1) Turkey buzzard <= "Correct" answer
2) Blue Whale
3) Alligator
4) Elephant
This animal actually has the shortest lifespan of the bunch (thank you wikipedia ) Maybe this question could be fixed?
Pontszám: 7.50
much likedIrinia
Végzetúr poronty
5 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
425. hozzászólás - 2010.02.13. 09:18:34 (Válasz Lord Jomes #423 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Lord Jomes - 2010.02.13. 00:44:53
Water is not an element. Oxygen makes up about 65% of the human body, three times the percentage of any other element. The answer is correct

The question is wrong then( I had it as well)....I know the difference you point out..but oxygen has a dual meaning it can eather be the 02 (sorry, can't write small letters) or it can be the element O.
A hozzászólást Irinia módosította 2010.02.13. 09:19:22-kor
Pontszám: 3
irritatingLord Jomes
Végzetúr poronty
12 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
426. hozzászólás - 2010.02.14. 00:25:21 (Válasz Irinia #425 hozzászólására.)
Irinia, you've lost me. I haven't come across this question yet, but if it asks for the element that most of a human body's mass is comprised of, then the answer is absolutely Oxygen (by a huge margin). The question is technical, but its also easy to look up, and is an interesting fact (at least to me).

Oxygen is a major part of organic chemistry and is found in most of the organic compounds that a human is made of. I don't understand what you were saying about dual meanings, forms of oxygen, and their pertinence to the question. I'm not trying to be rude, I just don't understand. In my opinion, the question seems straightforward and correct.
Pontszám: 6.50
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
427. hozzászólás - 2010.02.14. 05:20:04
What is the name of Hagrid's pet spider in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets?

No problem with the answer but i am still trying to figure out the way the questions are evaluated. How is this not a specific group question? Honestly, you thing that is something most of us know? I google it, i found the answer but still is not a general knowledge question. Understand that rejecting other film (mainly the star trek ones it seems) and accepting anything others post about harry potter is the least unfair.
Pontszám: 5
likedPogaxaNő
Végzetúr poronty
227 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
428. hozzászólás - 2010.02.14. 06:59:56 (Válasz stekkos #427 hozzászólására.)
this is the typical instance of special question... wonder how it went through?
unpopularLichon
Végzetúr poronty
27 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
429. hozzászólás - 2010.02.14. 11:10:14
What is the Vietnam War known as in Vietnam?
The Western War
The Vietnam War
The American War
The Thirteen Year War

Option 3 is marked as correct, yet according to Wikipedia option 2 is also correct making it ambiguous.
.. in Vietnamese, the war is known as Chiến tranh Việt Nam (The Vietnam War), or as Kháng chiến chống Mỹ (Resistance War Against America), loosely translated as the American War.

Needless to say, but I picked option 2.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
430. hozzászólás - 2010.02.14. 19:59:10 (Válasz Pogaxa #428 hozzászólására.)
I hope there is an answer and not keep wondering. It looks like though that harry potter questions go through much easier than other movies
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
431. hozzászólás - 2010.02.14. 20:03:00 (Válasz Lord Jomes #422 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Lord Jomes - 2010.02.13. 00:28:34
Sorry stekkos, I was just trying to prove the question wasn't accurate. I enjoy trivia and learning from it, and strongly feel that a question (and answer) should be unambiguous and irrefutable. Zoology happens to be the field I work in, with sharks and rays oddly enough, so I have more knowledge than some regarding those critters You've been here longer, I figured the moderators would want more than me just saying, "This question is wrong!"

Ofcourse they want more, i meant that the first part of your answer was reason enough The rest i dont mind, i feel you should have kept it to hit anyone trying to doubt you
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
432. hozzászólás - 2010.02.14. 20:05:56 (Válasz Twinky #421 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Twinky - 2010.02.12. 22:59:06

What is Muai Thai
1) Singer
2) Sport
3) Game
4) Food

The answer given as correct is number 2, sport. This is incorrect, the correct answer is that it is a form of Martial Arts. Martial Arts is not a sport, it is a method of training one to perfect the techniques of combat as well as to instill self discipline in ones self.

Martial Arts Competitions themselves may be classified as a sport, but rarely does someone refer to them as such. But an individual Form of Martial Arts is never a sport.

Regardless, if anyone was to classify marshal arts, they would fall under sports. (surely they are not hobby, entertainment or fitness )
averageAlatusFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
25 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
433. hozzászólás - 2010.02.14. 21:00:17
Uh, this is regarding a glitch of sorts, and I'm not quite sure where to put it...

Lately I've been encountering something that's rather irritating. I'll be answering the questions for hunting and I'll put in the answer I now is right for sure and it says Wrong Answer: The correct answer is ... and the given answer won't be one of the choices. Like I answered the question "Albumin is a substance found in__________" with the answer eggs (know that's right beyond a doubt.) and it said "Wrong Answer! The Correct answer is: 'Canada'". Which isn't even one of the option...

I'm not sure if it's just skipping questions or what. Any help is appreciated. Or redirect me to an appropriate section.
averageAlatusFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
25 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
434. hozzászólás - 2010.02.14. 21:21:43 (Válasz Lord Jomes #426 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Lord Jomes - 2010.02.14. 00:25:21
Irinia, you've lost me. I haven't come across this question yet, but if it asks for the element that most of a human body's mass is comprised of, then the answer is absolutely Oxygen (by a huge margin). The question is technical, but its also easy to look up, and is an interesting fact (at least to me).

Oxygen is a major part of organic chemistry and is found in most of the organic compounds that a human is made of. I don't understand what you were saying about dual meanings, forms of oxygen, and their pertinence to the question. I'm not trying to be rude, I just don't understand. In my opinion, the question seems straightforward and correct.

Somehow, I haven't gotten this one yet either. And the answer also depends on the wording of the question. Oxygen make up the majority by both mass and volume, but Hydrogen makes up the majority by moles.

As for the dual meaning thing, Oxygen can refer to the atoms by themselves, bonded in compounds, or as O2. Oxygen is diatomic, meaning it bonds together in groups of 2 atoms when left by itself. When someone says 'oxygen gas' O2 is always implied. And unless you are talking about compounds specifically, just oxygen often implies O2. When talking about composition of something (like a body), it usually means total. Whether it's O2 gas or in compounds.

Sorry if I sound like I'm trying to make people feel stupid, I'm not. Not this time at least... Basically, I'm saying it doesn't matter about oxygen having multiple forms when it comes to this question. You're right, the question does seem straight forward, unless you've studied chemistry in detail.
Pontszám: 6.33
irritatingLord Jomes
Végzetúr poronty
12 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
435. hozzászólás - 2010.02.15. 03:34:12 (Válasz Alatus #434 hozzászólására.)
I was hoping no one would bring up the actual number of individual atoms. Hats off to you, Alatus. It all depends on how the question was worded. I made sure to include "body mass" in my version of the question to make it correct for my argument

Thanks for adding the info on Oxygen. I wasn't stating that I didn't understand the basics of Chemistry. I wasn't understanding the arguments against the question using dioxygen vs. elemental oxygen, or the element of "water" for that matter.

You could ask either form of the question (mass/atoms) and have it be a pretty decent question. I feel mass is less formal and easier to comprehend, but that might just be me. It just has to be worded correctly.
unpopularTwinkyFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
31 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
436. hozzászólás - 2010.02.15. 03:50:01 (Válasz stekkos #432 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.02.14. 20:05:56
Idézet: Twinky - 2010.02.12. 22:59:06

What is Muai Thai
1) Singer
2) Sport
3) Game
4) Food

Regardless, if anyone was to classify marshal arts, they would fall under sports. (surely they are not hobby, entertainment or fitness )

Than they would be clasifying it incorrectly, Sports are for entertainment, Martial Arts are not for entertainment (Which a sport is), they are for training one to better perform in hand to hand combat as well as to instill discipline in the student. So if you were to have to choose between Hobby, Entertainment or Fitness than I would actually say it would fit better under Fitness, because at least that covers some aspect of it.
Pontszám: 4
averageBoar
Végzetúr poronty
154 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
437. hozzászólás - 2010.02.15. 05:56:44
Quiz olimpics:

Which pagan German epic poem was recorded by the Christians?
The Song of the Nibelungs
Kalevala
Odyssey
The Knight in the Panther Skin

Funny! How the hell should I find the answer? Not even the google helped me... And the time were the other opponent. This is a very special question. I think it would be better to delete it from the database.

How many different amino acids can be found in the human genome sequence?

Common knowledge, right? Pffffff...

What is the largest city of Poland?
Gdanysk
Krakkow
Gdynia
Warsaw

I think this question has a bad answer marked, 'cause I said Warsaw but get the correction: Krakkow is the most populated... Or we speak now just the size of a city(squaremiles or what)? I just cant understand the question at all... If the size here means not population,then this is a XXX question especially on the Olimpics....
Pontszám: 3
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
438. hozzászólás - 2010.02.15. 07:11:30 (Válasz Alatus #433 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Alatus - 2010.02.14. 21:00:17
Uh, this is regarding a glitch of sorts, and I'm not quite sure where to put it...

Lately I've been encountering something that's rather irritating. I'll be answering the questions for hunting and I'll put in the answer I now is right for sure and it says Wrong Answer: The correct answer is ... and the given answer won't be one of the choices. Like I answered the question "Albumin is a substance found in__________" with the answer eggs (know that's right beyond a doubt.) and it said "Wrong Answer! The Correct answer is: 'Canada'". Which isn't even one of the option...

I'm not sure if it's just skipping questions or what. Any help is appreciated. Or redirect me to an appropriate section.

Allatus, you are too fast if you press the answer button twice fast it counts the answer you gave for the next question also. So you answered lets say option 2 (the correct one) for question 3 but you click the answer button twice fast then question 3 counts as right with option 2, but question 4 also takes as your answer option 2 (whatever that one is). Usually is wrong but you could get it right if 2 happens to be the correct one.

So, on your screen you see the answer for number 4 question and is waiting for you to answer number 5, although you clicked answer at q3. Thats actually the way to tell if thats what happened, notice the question number. If it is not the next but it skipped 1 then you double clicked the answer button.

I really hope this makes sense
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
439. hozzászólás - 2010.02.15. 07:19:45 (Válasz Boar #437 hozzászólására.)
Boar, the song question is a specific one i agree, but once i got it wrong then the answer was easy to remember. If they delete it i will not complain though.

Amino acids are a science question and an easy to google (it gives 20 from the first hit you get) so no problem there. After all is basic biology, they teach it at high school. Not everyone picks biology but its far from specific knowledge.

Largest city in Poland by population is Warsaw and i think that was the correct when i got this q last time. Are you saying they changed it to Krakkow?
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
440. hozzászólás - 2010.02.15. 07:23:37 (Válasz Lord Jomes #435 hozzászólására.)
So basically the question is right unless you go in the deepest pit of chemistry to analyze it
Dobókocka - a sokoldalú kiegészítőAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!